Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Has nothing to do with anything other than the size and markets of both fanbases. Fans of said rivalry teams are always going to think the rivalry is relevant, even when it's not.

And it's not. Had a pulse in '12, but it was fleeting.

It's definitely not like it was in the past, but it's still there. How relevant a rivalry is depends how relevant both teams are.

How relevant a rivalry is depends how relevant both teams are.

I agree, when it comes to national relevance. It can always be a cool, traditional thing between fanbases (which we get from all teams in the NFC East), there's nothing like the games deciding playoff seeding, home field advantage, a trip to the SB, etc). Thats where all the lasting memories get created.

Bragging rights only matter in college sports.

I'd say the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry is still there. Otherwise, why is at least 1 of their games a national game every season?

The rivalry will always exist.  I think it's more of an us sucking the better part of the past 23 years.  Our record from 1992-2014 (46 games) against them is 16-30.  That's horrible, that's 0.347, not even .500.  

Not to mention that horrible stretch from 1997 through 2004 where we went 2-14 and they won 10 in a row.  Ten in a ****ing row......that's 5 years.  Five long, ****ty years of **** talk I had to endure from good friends of mine that pull for them.

National relevance, I'm sure most fans of other teams could care less about watching the Cowboys beat the Redskins for the better part of those 23 years.  No more than I care to watch two horrible teams with losing records play each other like in some of those Thursday Night blunders we saw last season.

Best of luck Chew, really hope it works out for you and you can either build that relationship or at least get some closure on it. It's a delicate situation but if you are ready for it, and you sound like you are, then go for it.

My wife is in a somewhat similar situation. Her mom walked out on her when she was 5. She knows and remembers who her mom is though and within the past 3 years actually found a 19 year old half sister that she never knew existed from her mom's current marriage after she left.

When we go to Marlyand to see her other family we have been making extra trips to sneak in visits with her half sister. They've gotten really close, all unbeknownst to her mom. She hasn't reached out to her mom yet but I know those questions and that longing for some type of catharsis or closure will ultimately lead to her reaching out to her mom.

Her mom has made it clear through incidents over the past 23 years and run-ins with family that she doesn't want anything to do with my wife or her sisters. She just straight Don Drapered them and started over but didn't really go that far away. It's going to be really hard on my wife when that day comes.

I think that how serious a rivalry is is just an opinion. To you guys, you just might not care that much about the rivalry. Lots of other people do. So don't say "people don't take the rivalry seriously anymore", because you don't know that for a fact. You just aren't around people who DO take the rivalries seriously.

Rant over.

Ya man, wife feels like I shouldn't air my personal life on the webs, but I use RTT as a place to let stuff out.

After 33 years, and being high last night watching "Losing Isiah" for the 18th time, I've finally decided to make the move and hire a private dick to find my biological mom.

My wife and parents support me, and I feel like I need closure.

Key parts to the post you made. I got nothing but love for ya man. Good Luck.

I think that how serious a rivalry is is just an opinion. To you guys, you just might not care that much about the rivalry. Lots of other people do. So don't say "people don't take the rivalry seriously anymore", because you don't know that for a fact. You just aren't around people who DO take the rivalries seriously.

Rant over.

What the hell do you know, runt? Don't you have a lemonade stand to tend to or something?  :P

Wow, someone being picked on in the stadium in the tweets thread for making a bad post, and for once it wasn't me??? :)

Try saying that 3 times fast...

Try saying it once...lol.

We are near the Zeppelin museum and they give zeppelin rides...they never learn...

After 33 years, and being high last night watching "Losing Isiah" for the 18th time, I've finally decided to make the move and hire a private dick to find my biological mom.

My wife's parents were together in high school and they got pregnant. This was in the early 70s and her grandparents made her mom put the kid up for adoption. So she has a brother out there and like you she wants to find him. No one else in the family does. I THINK there was a basic effort by her mom to find him but no response.

Great Scott, this is heavy. Good luck Chew. Update us on what you learn.

My two sisters and two brothers are all 50% blood related to me. One brother/sister pair was from my mom's first marriage, the other brother/sister pair from my dad's first marriage. Both sisters happen to have the same name, I always have to explain to people why.

Idiots in NJ shining lasers at planes.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/16/us/lasers-flights-new-jersey/index.html

Looks like an opportunity to me for a laser guided weapon to follow the laser path to the ground.  :D

Regardless of how things unfold, it's gonna be Niagara Falls, man. I've gone over possible scenarios of meeting my birth mother for 20 years, and it ends with your man Choodles teary-eyed every time.

Have you considered that she might be black?

Rant over.

Who is "you guys"?  I love the rivalry, I get still get excited about playing Dallas every time we face off twice a year.  If we go 2-14, I want those two wins against Dallas.  

But I can clearly see that the rivalry as far as hype, tension, level of ball busting, etc. is not anywhere close to the levels it used to be years ago.  And the majority of that is lack of success and fielding ****ty teams the better majority of the past 23 years than they have.  

I don't know how old you were from 1997 to 2004, but I'm telling you during that span, outside of 1999 we fielded average to sucky teams.  And in 1999 we got swept by Dallas even though we won the division.  During that time, it seemed to me only Redskins fans were getting hyped up for it, Dallas fans didn't take us seriously.  

I've always gotten hyped up for it, but you could see it fizzling more and more each year, game by game, loss by loss.  It's started picking back up some since 2005, we have played them a lot better, pulled out some season sweeps, splits, etc.  But it has not been close to the peak level when we were relevant year in and year out.  

Look no further, my man. I'm your daddy.

:)

Good luck my dude. May it be everything you hope.

I'm pretty sure Jimmy Butler is his father.

Going to the fair today.

With the cost of a ticket and the way games are stacked against you, it should be called the un-fair.

I gotta say this Kindle is pretty cool. Didn't get the Fire or any tablet. All I need is an ereader. And this one is pretty good for the job 

Need a cover for it though already there are some fingerprints I can't remove off the cover :laugh:

I gotta say this Kindle is pretty cool. Didn't get the Fire or any tablet. All I need is an ereader. And this one is pretty good for the job 

Need a cover for it though already there are some fingerprints I can't remove off the cover :laugh:

Gotta wash those hands after you eat that jerk chicken bruh

Man I haven't been to Busch Gardens in a long time. Still remember riding my first inverted coaster there. Think it was called the Alpengeist (or something like that)

Good times

Yep it was still there last time I went a couple years ago, but it's not nearly as smooth as the new rides and its a little

jerky on the head. Still a fun ride but Griffon and AC are the class of the park for me. Two of the funnest Ive ever been on

Archived