Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Raw fish is disgusting to me.  I don't eat sushi at all.  And I wouldn't because it can cause illness as well.  You can get salmonella from sushi.  And from raw shellfish like oysters, you can get vibrio paraheamolyticus.  I've witnessed my father get food poisoning from raw oysters twice.  

Granted, he has eaten medium/medium well burgers most of his 64 years on Earth and not gotten sick.  Doesn't mean that you can't though.  

I play it safe.  Like I said, if you think the risk is minimal and want to eat raw foods, go for it broski :)

You worked at Food Lion before didn't you?   :D

I can respect all of that.  I don't actually eat raw shellfish because it's just not my thing, although I do enjoy sushi.

My dad refuses to eat frozen custard because he's sure he got food poisoning from it once, but then he will eat the raw ground beef dish.  He doesn't like sushi at all, but he does enjoy raw oysters, although he almost never actually has them since nobody else in the family really goes for that.  Go figure.

Fried seafood is awesome. Seafood in general is awesome.

Won't eat beef anymore or lamb or veal. Do you think it's okay to tell me to eat a baby. Come on.

Fried seafood is good.  We don't eat it often, but we did batter some shrimp up and toss them in the deep fryer with some hush puppies.

I like fish, but I won't eat salmon.

No pork = no bacon...I don't think I could do that.

I didn't want to bring it up explicitly, but yeah, no bacon. I don't have any real reason to not want to eat a ham sammich or a Virginia baked ham. It just seems like less quality meat to me, than say chicken or turkey. I'll eat the stuff if that's what's for dinner, but I definitely won't order it when I'm at a restaurant.

I've been lucky to have a lot of game the last few years, elk and deer mostly with a couple quail here and there.  Good friends who like to hunt who have gotten lucky.  I am big proponent of wild meat I actually can tell the difference in how I feel when I eat it over time.  Hard to get enough of it to do that all the time though.  Outside of that I'll most any kind of carne but I try to keep on the lower fat side.  The days of the fatty ribeye have passed me by I stick to filet or NY now.  

Hard to completely wean myself off pork fat, especially since I discovered Wright's Brand Bacon.  Ridiculously expensive but ridiculously good.

Wish we had better seafood but I'm the one who chooses to live in the desert.  When I can get it I go to town.

You don't have to explain it to me. I was just chiming in with my own personal thoughts.

I have several family members that won't eat this or that.

My MIL won't eat any seafood. My BIL won't eat any veggies besides corn...if you want to call that a veggie.

Wife and I will at least try things. I don't like squashes. Okra, Eggplant, Zucchini, etc.

I love veggies, but I don't like salad dressing when eating them, no blue cheese or ranch for my wings.  

It's rare we can all find a meal to eat and love...has to be steak or ribs.

Medium Rare because anything beyond that is burnt.  (IMO)

Convinced MrsGoon to step down from charcoal to medium.  She loves it.

Insurance / medical stuff in this country is ridiculous.  We didn't receive a bill for 2 years, then we're in collections for 6k.  WTF  Had to bleed my 401k to pay it off.  I feel you Major.

Sorry, im not a vampire. I want to taste the beef flavor, not have a pint donated to me.

LOL  I went through my vampire phase in my mid 20s.  **** would almost be moo'in on the plate.  Just got tired of eating it rare, along withe the puddle of blood all over the plate getting into my other side dishes.  

Medium rare is about all I go now, that usually is if I pull it off a tad early, then am too lazy to toss it back on the grill to cook to medium.  

Its too dang hot in my room. Its hotter inside than outside.

Dehydrated ? Get a fan.

I'm sorry.

In your response to someone saying they don't eat beef.

I was floored...kid told me he was allergic to beef...and cheese.

Took me a few minutes and I said, "you've never had a cheeseburger" ? I felt bad for the kid.

As someone who has food allergies, even I know that you guys are a bunch of hypochondriacs.

;)

I use the standards that are set.

MW burger makes sense. Steak and temp at the right place, Chicken cooked to temp, Seafood depends and can be tricky, etc.

Poultry is the most dangerous.

I'm not a hypo, but my wife is, and it drives me crazy at times.

Archived