Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I love it. I don't necessarily identity it or know the names and composers (aside from a select few that are famous)but I think it's amazing. So peaceful and relaxing but it's also able to fit to any mood you're in.

I listen to everything. I love music. Seriously..anything, but if it sucks, it sucks. There is a lot to compare it to at this point.

I know names of a few composers...but to me it does not matter at all. Good music is good.

String Quartet No. 14 is what I got going on now. It is an amazing piece.

I don't listen to it regularly,

Me either. Throw on some 90's rap, some 70-80's rock, some 60-70's Motown or rockabilly, Hair bands, metal...works for me. Really anything. I listen to current music too.

Here and there, it's just so amazing to listen to.

Lyrics are great and all...but the music creates all of that.

Yep. Started playing classical guitar when I was ten.

This is how it's done: ;)

Video won't play on ES. Darn. I will check it out later though.

Likewise.  I don't listen to it on the regular at all.  But every once in a while, I'll listen to some calming classical/instrumental music.

I'm just hanging out at the house today. Nothing to do really. One errand to run. So it indeed is relaxing.

Sorry guys. I'll admit I'm in a little pissy mood. The appraisal on the townhouse I'm buying came in lower than the agreed upon prices when all of the comps were higher than our agreed on price. So now I'm at square one and trying to figure out how to do this without calling it off. Stressful and frustrating.

The bank appraised it right?  Usually the appraisals are much lower than property or, "market value."  Just from my own experience.  As long as it isn't completely off, like $35,000+ off I wouldn't worry about it.

By the way, I am totally with pj when it comes to anger over my sports teams.  He pretty much shares all the same teams as me, other than Georgetown basketball.  It's frustrating and pathetic.

I read that two ways.

I think my first guess was correct.

No reason for that sir.

It's silly, it's the only form of entertainment where you can't jump on or off. There's very little psychic reward for sticking it out to see the team you are arbitrarily attached to win a championship years/decades down the road. Then it most likely will be gone the next year.

What kind of perverse masochism leads to this?

PJ, just to be clear, lord knows I get agitated every now and then, but I can't say that I've had anger "Issues" in a long time. Everybody goes through rough moments, and say things they'd like to have back. For me that was one of those times. Usually, if im going through some stuff, or feeling stressed, you won' t notice (especially here), because generally I am the same person, rain or shine, and if i have any real problems, I don't discuss them here.

And I don't obsess over anything the Wizards  do, or even think about what they do. They are largely an irrelevant franchise and fanbase, and have no relevant history with the Heat. Hell I haven't even defended most of the usual Lebron stuff this year (because he no longer plays for us), but that doesn't mean that I won't counter some of the absurd viewpoints directed his way, or call out the straight up moronic/childish criticisms that come from people on this board, years after he silenced them. But I'd do that for any player. Its just that most people here have a hard-on for him in particular. It' doesn't take obsession for one to notice that.

As for how I may come off towards others, I've always said that I'm not the type to actively make everyone try to like me. What i am is fair though (fairer than most people on this site). If you're cool with me, I'll be cool with you, and if you are a jackass, we won't get along. And when you stop being a jackass, we can be cool. For everyone else, im usually courteous (in the beginning). if there is some kind of massive failure to communicate, I'll usually drop the subject, either with humor, straight up ignoring you, or saying (usually within the rules) that I think you need a helmet with padded walls.

With you in particular, I suggested to you how you could better approach sports and your championship drought (because it seemed to really grind you up). Wasn't an order. I wasn't telling you what to think. It was just a suggestion. And usually it was met with a polite version of "I don't give damn what you think, I'm not changing," sometimes in a more mildly abrasive manner. I wasn't hung up over it, but found it rather peculiar, which is why the next several times, I brought up other teams and fanbases and how they might feel, and all the teams now that are winning, and how some fanbases that aren't winning might feel. Again.... basically "I don't give  ****".

Thats on top of you railing on the modern NBA, in the NBA Thread, continuously, adding very little to actual discussion, and then there's the stuff with you in the Stadium, talking about how much people shouldn't rush to judgment about what athletes do on Twitter, then promptly rushing to judgment about what an athlete was doing on Twitter. Every time, I challenged you (because that's what I do occasionally when i see something i don't agree with (no matter who it is) and every time, you came off more and more hostile and ridiculously sensitive. So I started messing with you (thats just something that happens with my family... if you show any kind of sensitivity in certain situations, the jokes will not stop, until you are dead, not being sensitive anymore, or rolling around in laughter). And again, you get hostile.

Just saying.... I don't think I'm the real problem here. Wasn't trying to piss you off, but damn man. Just learn to enjoy stuff, and stop stressing over everything.

tl; dr: Don't worry.... about a ting. Cause every little ting gonna be alright.

Anyone else here listen to Classical music ?

I am in a groove here listening to some Beethoven. It's pretty solid.

Beautiful music.

I know some of you younger guys are shaking your heads...but just listen to the music without any lyrics.

I listen to everything, man. That includes classical. Love Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata and Debussy's Claire de Lune. Those are my favorites. O Fortuna is up there as well

Anyone else here listen to Classical music ?

I am in a groove here listening to some Beethoven. It's pretty solid.

Beautiful music.

I know some of you younger guys are shaking your heads...but just listen to the music without any lyrics.

I don't know if I'm considered one of the younger guys anymore, but I love me some classical music. I'm mostly into the Romantic era stuff. Beethoven is fantastic; I particularly enjoy Symphony no. 9 movement 2.

Franz Liszt is a favorite of mine. First got into him from his piano concertos, and his Piano Sonata in B Minor is excellent.

Gustav Holst's Planetary Suite is a good listen. Mars: The Bringer Of War is my favorite of them, and it was definitely a source of inspiration for John Williams' Star Wars soundtrack as well as Hans Zimmer's Gladiator theme (Zimmer was actually sued by Holst's family because of how uncanny the resemblance was). I feel like some of the Star Trek music may have been inspired by my next favorite piece of the suite - Jupiter: The Bringer of Jollity. A year ago or so, Bell Brewery was brewing beers for each of the parts of the planetary suite and the plan was to drink each beer as its song came up, but those suckers were impossible to find!

Tchikovsky is another favorite, especially his Violin Concerto in D Major and of course the 1812 overture.

Antonin Dvorak was a prophet foretelling the rise of Jazz. He came to America to study the local music in the 1890s and noted how important the black melodies were and that any school of music in America needs to study them. He himself drew inspiration from them (and Native American beats) in the composition of his New World Symphony.

Now I am on to some Van Halen. haha.

Hot for Teacher...

Never had that experience though. :kicks rock:

....Ouch.

Most teachers in your days probably had square asses, wore bad makeup, and smelled like old paper.  You were better for it, I think.

My last few years of gradeschool was when teachers were starting to get legitimately sexy, and dressed like it, wearing tight(ish) dresses and sexy business suits.

just saw San Andreas. Alexandra DAddario's blue eyes might make her possibly the most beautiful woman on planet Earth. my god she is gorgeous.

thank you, HBO's true detective, for showing us her ENORMOUS natural breasts.

Most teachers in your days probably had square asses, wore bad makeup, and smelled like old paper.  You were better for it, I think.

My last few years of gradeschool was when teachers were starting to get legitimately sexy, and dressed like it, wearing tight(ish) dresses and sexy business suits.

See, you're trying to get me banned. That's messed up man. That was not a nice thing to rub in my face.

haha.

just saw San Andreas. Alexandra DAddario's blue eyes might make her possibly the most beautiful woman on planet Earth. my god she is gorgeous.

thank you, HBO's true detective, for showing us her ENORMOUS natural breasts.

Oh yeah, she fiiiiiiiine!  

And while we're at it, ya' know, Carla Gugino, who played The Rock's wife in that movie is not bad in a milfy way.

Carla-Gugino4_1.jpg

Archived