Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Damn loyalists :angry::angry::angry:

Case in point in why multinational is better. George Washington becomes president, and then they setup a plot of swampland and call it Washington, DC. As we settle out in the unexplored west, we start naming ****. Find this nice little pacific northwesterly place. Whadda we do? We ****in decide to call it Washington. Nevermind our perfectly fine capital on the other ****in side of North America. No. We'll call it Washington. Why? Because George Washington.

And this, ladies and gents, is why Washington is THE most overused name for our states, cities, districts, counties, schools, streets, you name it.

Theres your American creativity.

Yeah I'm used to it tho lol.

When I get angry tho, my PG county comes out lol.

Kid tried to pick a fight with my friend after intramural basketball last week and I had to catch myself.

Seems like it'll at least work with white people...

The way you here people up here talk it about it youd think it was a DMZ

Frickin A. Mcsluggo just went off in the winter weather thread, lmao.

Well, calling people pathetic cause they don't like winter storms is silly.  I love the snow, but not everyone that wants to not go into work has the luxury to call out, etc.   Because I work from home, I have to work when there is inclement weather, we are the contingency plan.  

I'm not complaining about that, I love being remote and wouldn't trade my current situation for the world.  But, I have to admit, when it does snow, the wife has to take off to watch Tazette and it sucks knowing I don't get to go out and play with her in the snow, etc.  Mainly because it gets dark right as I get off from work, so I miss it.  

Again, we get weather like this 1-4 times a year max, so it is what it is.  Id prefer it snow on a Friday night or Saturday so I can get out and play with the kid in it.  

Even prior to this job and working from home, I was expected to drive into work in bad weather.  So I did, even though it was roughly 20 miles away.  I'd get up at 5am and head out at 6am if I had to.  

True Tazer, I understand and feel for you guys who can't enjoy it, or even hate it. Completely understand. I imagine he was ticked at the same vitriol spewed from the other side of the argument. He said some pretty hilarious ****, even if it was a little off base.

I laughed no doubt lol.  Just was trying to point out that not everyone's situation is as easy as he made it out in his post.  I always drove in the snow to go to work, the only time I didn't was when I had stepped out of management (in 2010) and in the winter storms of 2011, I called out to watch Tazette and we had a blast in the snow.  She was about 3 years old then.  

Then, I started working from home in 2012, so that ended.  I think that year though, it snowed on the weekends some, so I still got to enjoy it.  Like I said, no regrets here.  But there are people expected to drive in the junk and work (I was at jobs prior to this one). 

Trust me, I used to **** and rage when I would drive 20 miles in that crap, get to work and the guy that lived 1 mile from the office had called out.  Candy ass could have walked the one mile to work.  But it is what it is lol.

I was the "snowstorm guy" at the ole pet store job the entire time I worked there. Walked my ass to and from the store (a mile away) during those blizzards of '09/'10. I'd be the only mofo there when snow would pile up on the roads. But I enjoy the snow, because I basically run the family business from home. I have to deliver court documents sometimes, but I have people who exclusively do that for me, and the timing is flexible. Whenever I've moved, I've lived as close to my jobs as possible. Hate driving the same long ass route every day. So snow doesn't bother me, in fact I enjoy it. Almost time to take my dog for a run to the beer store. :)

i like winter and snow

if you don't that's ok.

Yep, everyone has their opinions. I'm in college so of course I'm not going to complain about a snowstorm, especially if it gets me out of class. But my mid February I'm like "....seriously? Can't we fast forward to spring? I wanna wear shorts and go swimming!!! This **** stopped being cute about 2 snowstorms ago". I'm in the middle I guess :)

If you're talking about like in college then yeah, I agree. I always got stuck with the dumbest people(I love JMU but a lot of my fellow classmates were idiots).

Most definitely. It's frustrating. The worst part is getting the exact same grade as everyone else, even though others slacked and didn't do anything to help. Infuriating. Hate it. 

Archived