Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I think the internet is turning us into cynics. At least it's doing it to me, especially with weathermen.

Lately, I've been seeing videos of weathermen in unusual situations (the Weather Channel guy getting hyped over a thunderstorm during a snowstorm, the guy in Arizona giving the post-apocalyptic forecast with temperatures in the four digits, etc.) and initially, it's all good, but then I'm immediately wondering if it's just some kind of stunt to get hits on a website. Everything seems like a gimmick to get more clicks. It's like that raw, absurd creativity that came out of the internet in the last decade's now exclusively used to get more ad revenue.

/angry_young_man_rant

Damn I suck at boxing smh

That's good. I suck at soccer, mma. I just keep trying to learn more, same as any topic.

I think the internet is turning us into cynics. At least it's doing it to me, especially with weathermen.

/angry_young_man_rant

Brian Williams could not have pissed you off that much about journalism.

I have always doubted the weather folks though.

Unfortunately, I think many of us could do the weather job on the news.

I mean, come on, it's 80-85 degrees almost every day in Hawaii.

Now get of your rant and write for all of us to appreciate. Waiting for that book man.

I have always doubted the weather folks though.

I know, it must be nice to keep your job when you're wrong...waaaaayyyy wrong.

We've got really good ones here in ATL, though...really good.

Like once he said, "The storm is coming between 6 & 7pm"...I heard the thunder at 6:30 & looked outside...rain was blowing sideways & ****...doesn't get much more accurate than that!

Yup - had to drag my ass to work today too.  We get an extended winter break: Xmas Eve - through New Year's Day as a given (so, we don't have to take any time out of our own vacation days for the days in-between the holidays).  Because of that - we don't get every "secondary" holiday....Our CEO has been pretty reasonable, so we are thinking that we'll get out early too.

I know, it must be nice to keep your job when you're wrong...waaaaayyyy wrong.

Sign me up for that job. I could just come on ES and get my updates.

I know for a fact that one of the... wait 3 of the people that report weather are not educated in that field. Read the teleprompter.

They are Vanna White.

Can't hate though, good for them.

I simply want more accuracy.

I walked about 8 blocks to class in 5 degree weather this morning...

I only went Cuz my professor demands that our papers are turned in physically smh

Gotta love that no-caring lazy e-mail, LOL

Some don't understand that it's a necessity every once in a burgundy & gold moon

Did you have to stay or just drop off?

Ha! Naw, KH, the whole Brian Williams has sort of been off my radar. What he did was wrong and he deserves to be censured, but I've seen supposed reporters do and say much worse on 24 hour news stations.

Wrote a very short scene about a week ago (a little over 1,800 words) and had to do some work on it, but I'm hoping to build on it. Hope to write another scene today and edit on Tuesday.

Getting sick with the flu is worse than any bee sting. And the thing about it is you can get sick through cold ass weather or co-workers at work. You don't want headaches and pains and sore throats and mucus that is falling like Niagra falls out your ****ing nose for no reason at all. When it's summer nothing comes out your body but sweat. And that's not as bad as mucus. 

You cannot get sick from cold weather.

Or from going outside with wet hair.

Unless you don't take your vitamins (C especially) when it's cold/flu season, it/they keep your immune system functioning.

It's a virus. It spreads through touching infected/unsanitized stuff, then touching anything else that gets close to your face/ears (yes, they can get the infection all on their own). Wash your hands A LOT. They might bleed if dry, so there are also hand-sanitizing lotions. USE THEM. I promise I'm only telling you guys what my mom (the RN) says to do, and she has never failed me. If I get sick, it's usually because I slacked on my vitamins.

I don't believe in hand sanitizers.  They just put a thick coat of sticky like substances on your hands. If you have germs, all it does is rub it in and trap it. Hand sanitizers are another of those myths the companies that produce it put out. You need a certain amount of germs to build up an immunity and I laugh my ass off at every mother on the playgrounds that make their kids keep using the crap.  let them get a little dirty. That's why we have a lot of sickly kids nowadays.  Doctors don't let the women do anything, eat or drink everything while they are pregnant. They always want the women on bed rest. You have to introduce the unborns to a certain amount in order to build up immunitites.

Wash your hands.  Several times a day in warm or semi hot water.  That is how you get the germs off and keep them off. And like Mary said, maybe take some vitamins.  Every few days in the winter, I go and buy the Emergen C 30 packets and put it in my drink for the hell of it. WASH YOUR HANDS!!

You cannot get sick from cold weather.

Or from going outside with wet hair.

Unless you don't take your vitamins (C especially) when it's cold/flu season, it/they keep your immune system functioning.

It's a virus. It spreads through touching infected/unsanitized stuff, then touching anything else that gets close to your face/ears (yes, they can get the infection all on their own). Wash your hands A LOT. They might bleed if dry, so there are also hand-sanitizing lotions. USE THEM. I promise I'm only telling you guys what my mom (the RN) says to do, and she has never failed me. If I get sick, it's usually because I slacked on my vitamins.

It's a wonder I have skin on my hands I wash them so much lol.  My grandmother basically beat that into our minds as kids (myself and cousin).  I touched money, wash your hands.  I wash my hands after everything and before everything.  

She lived to be almost 94.  My entire life, she was sick maybe five times.  Three being normal colds, one the shingles and one really horrible crud/cold she had).  And she never got flu shots or anything until she got way up into her late 80s and cared for our sickly asses all the time.

Holiday, 6 inches of snow, DirecTV satellite lost signal and I can't reach it to brush the snow off

Guess the wife and I will sit on the couch and play video games all day.

you got netflix and recorded DVR shows.

Holiday, 6 inches of snow, DirecTV satellite lost signal and I can't reach it to brush the snow off

Guess the wife and I will sit on the couch and play video games all day.

We've got "weather" coming in, but I don't think we'll get that lucky, LOL

Remember I told y'all he got that Intellivision? I might actually get into something, but Frogger is missing, I think...

And iirc, I might've spent a whole hour of my whole life on Ms. PacMan. I'll suck at every game, which should at least make him laugh more!

I don't believe in hand sanitizers.  They just put a thick coat of sticky like substances on your hands. If you have germs, all it does is rub it in and trap it. Hand sanitizers are another of those myths the companies that produce it put out. You need a certain amount of germs to build up an immunity and I laugh my ass off at every mother on the playgrounds that make their kids keep using the crap.  let them get a little dirty. That's why we have a lot of sickly kids nowadays.  Doctors don't let the women do anything, eat or drink everything while they are pregnant. They always want the women on bed rest. You have to introduce the unborns to a certain amount in order to build up immunitites.

Wash your hands.  Several times a day in warm or semi hot water.  That is how you get the germs off and keep them off. And like Mary said, maybe take some vitamins.  Every few days in the winter, I go and buy the Emergen C 30 packets and put it in my drink for the hell of it. WASH YOUR HANDS!!

I use them every so often.  I think they work.  I'm more concerned with washing hands, especially for Tazette.  And they have actually proven that there is no benefit for washing your hands in hot water.  Cold water gets the same results.  I guess hot/warm could help break down grit faster, in theory, but as far as germs go, the temperature to kill them would be so hot that it would scald your hands.  It would have to be boiling for the most part (or close to it).

It's a wonder I have skin on my hands I wash them so much lol.  My grandmother basically beat that into our minds as kids (myself and cousin).  I touched money, wash your hands.  I wash my hands after everything and before everything.

Correct you are...when I was a server/bartender, I had to put hand towels in the dispensers twice as often behind my bar as the kitchen dudes did...kinda scary, huh?

Money is absolutely gnarly. I've had women pull it out of their boobs, and when I "took" it with tongs, I was trying to relay a message. (I've done this in a drive-thru, swear to God.) Hope they got the point, but I seriously doubt it, cuz that's where they think "things" go.

Archived