Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

You cannot get sick from cold weather.

Or from going outside with wet hair.

Unless you don't take your vitamins (C especially) when it's cold/flu season, it/they keep your immune system functioning.

It's a virus. It spreads through touching infected/unsanitized stuff, then touching anything else that gets close to your face/ears (yes, they can get the infection all on their own). Wash your hands A LOT. They might bleed if dry, so there are also hand-sanitizing lotions. USE THEM. I promise I'm only telling you guys what my mom (the RN) says to do, and she has never failed me. If I get sick, it's usually because I slacked on my vitamins.

The cold virus reproduces faster in cooler conditions, so that isn't entirely true.

A couple days ago, I was filling up the car and someone pulls up on the opposite side, she gets down flashes me a smile. I finish filling up and as I go to the open the door I notice she is still flashing me a smile. As I open my mouth to say something all the spaghetti in my pockets falls on the floor.

The cold virus reproduces faster in cooler conditions, so that isn't entirely true.

No virus moves faster in anything.

As a matter of absolute fact, bacteria spread faster in warmth.

That's why hospitals are so friggin' cold.

I'll add that jails are also, for the same reason...bacteria dies in cold. Sanitizer solutions for water are designed for cold water...I had to explain this to a nurse I was training to be a bartender, LOL

No virus moves faster in anything.

As a matter of absolute fact, bacteria spread faster in warmth.

That's why hospitals are so friggin' cold.

I'll add that jails are also, for the same reason...bacteria dies in cold. Sanitizer solutions for water are designed for cold water...I had to explain this to a nurse I was training to be a bartender, LOL

Look it up, the cold virus has been shown to reproduce faster in colder temperatures.

I work for a county. We don't have Presidents' Day off, but they just said the county is closing at 3 because of the incoming weather here in Charlotte.

Yeah, working from home is great.......until days like today (like what we talked about).  Work wants everyone in the office out by 5:00 pm and the remote associates to work until 8 pm tonight. 

Semi frustrating, but thankfully I don't have to put up with it but a few times a year, if that, living here.  

Yeah, working from home is great.......until days like today (like what we talked about).  Work wants everyone in the office out by 5:00 pm and the remote associates to work until 8 pm tonight. 

Semi frustrating, but thankfully I don't have to put up with it but a few times a year, if that, living here.

What do you do? Hubby works from home, but he handles everything...why a part number won't work in the system, special quotes (20 years in, and they don't know viscosity, temps, etc.)...industrial rubber. I swear, sometimes I can voice over what he's saying to underlings, LOL, and I don't know squat unless it applies to why dishes/laundry aren't done, and they usually are...my job? keep the man's money comin' in. I can deal.

I feel better this morning. I like broke down last night. It felt like I had really tight like clothes on that I could not take off. Like a thousands pairs of skinny jeans and skinny shirts were trapped around my body and I could not get them off. I had to call my sister to talk for 30 minutes and get help. I feel better this morning. I did not know that jitters ment panic attack. I will never do 2 double strength energy shots again or any energy shot again

No, you're just young, impetuous and try too hard to fit in, get approval or care weather or not you are liked. I've said it a million times to you in here. Be yourself. Don't be what you think people want you to be.

I never, ever wilted to peer pressure. You know why? One, I was too damn busy in HS and College and two, I didn't give a ****, what people thought of me or even cared. I am me. Take it or leave it. You leave it, it's your loss.

I agree 100%. You also have to have the stones to take it when it comes back full circle. Then again you used to get really worked up when it came to defending the Heat. Difference is you weren't even trash talking, just getting attacked.

Oh I was trash talking lol. I always made sure I returned fire though. Thats how some of it would start. You remember when I used to troll some of them with the Palpatine greatest hits vid? Lol

But yeH, we were mostly using live rounds lol. Especially in 2011. Im not nearly as hardcore a sports fan as I used to be, but I still retain some of thise characteristics, mainly when it comes to fandom.

Being from South Fla, and moving here I have developed a massive chip on my sboulder. So when you question my fandom, you are basically calling me a **** to my face. And thats an unforgivable sin. And we will have it out. And I will win. And I didnt care if I looked like the biggest asshole on the planet. I just accepted the fact that I would be cool with everyone here 10 months out of the year, and I would be the NBA thread version of Agent Smith from May to June.

I got hammered in the 2011 thread, and toom my medicine, but I remembered the most prominent of names, and spent the next two years clowning the hell out of them, while their favirite team to watch fail won it all, rendering them speechless. But it was in good nature, for the most part.

Last year, the only problem was when someone was stupid enough to suggest that you can play through severe cramps in an arena in Texas with no ac, and that I shouldn't question Lebrons motives for leaving, and should basically kiss his ass on the way out.

Its all good though. That thread more than nearly any other has helped to weed out the stupid, so I know who is worth my time, and who isn't.

Do you think I'm bipolar?

Sometimes I think that but I've been to doctors since 4th grade and none of them ever suggested that so idk

Unfortunately, being an idiot isn't a mental illness. Its just being an idiot

Speaking of leg cramps, those are no joke.  I get them from time to time in my calves, **** hurts so bad I it brings tears to my eyes, and all I want to do is curl up in a fetal position.  I'd get knots the size of golf balls in mine, and the last time it hit was one Sunday morning around 8 am, about 8 months ago (maybe a little longer).

Me, wife and Tazette went to bed downstairs watching movies.  I was asleep in my recliner and woke up to the cramp.  I was screaming, then it hit my other calf as well.  I'm propped back in the recliner and the pain was so bad, it was hard to get up and on my feet to stretch them out properly.  

Tazette thought I was dying I think lol.  **** was sore to walk for two days afterwards too.

Yeah Internet arguments are really childish and awkwar.... *checks for the new posts in the Ovi thread*

Oh....

I'll shut up now lol

Then maybe you shouldn't instigate them with your constant prodding, like this sniveling little comment. You really gotta bring that **** in here? You can really get your troll on, can't you? Impressive. We have met your match, Moco. Except this one rolls with the always-creative "U mad!" response.

Then maybe you shouldn't instigate them with your constant prodding, like this sniveling little comment. You really gotta bring that **** in here? You can really get your troll on, can't you? Impressive. We have met your match, Moco. Except this one rolls with the always-creative "U mad!" response.

OMG, dude chill.

You seriously can't still be revved up over this.

I was joking around hoping you'd follow suit.

Chill Homie

Speaking of leg cramps, those are no joke.  I get them from time to time in my calves, **** hurts so bad I it brings tears to my eyes, and all I want to do is curl up in a fetal position.  I'd get knots the size of golf balls in mine, and the last time it hit was one Sunday morning around 8 am, about 8 months ago (maybe a little longer).

I was just talking about that last night with family. I had one years ago that woke me up out of a deep sleep. I couldn't move my leg, freaked me the hell out.

Thankfully, I only get them every blue moon these days.

I get them maybe every other week. I work pretty hard at the gym so if I don't oroperly hydrate I will feel it. And yeah they usually happen at night. Nowadays I keep Gatorade packs in my room so I dont have to travel very far.

Nothing worse than getting a really bad one and having to struggle down the stairs to the kitchen. Had a few of those, and the after effects can linger for a good week.

But yeah, running full court and playing an NBA team? Gtfo

Archived