Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Tacos. That's what I have to cook for dinner some time this week. Glad I thought of it.  ;) 

Just got back from having my best chest day,(with dumbells),since I ruptured my pec. Think I'm finally getting out of my own way. 

I don't know if I'd be good at it, but I'd like to help those guys.

I used to be on many forums that weren't appropriately modded. They turn into hot garbage very quickly.

Overrun with trolls, bots, spams, etc.

Very ugly stuff.

Even if all I did was keep the RTT and the tailgate in check, that would make me feel like I contributed something.

I think you're a cool dude and you'd be good. You've got a level head.

If definitely help out too but no way am I claiming I want to in that thread.

All I really want is a good, level headed guy who isn't too full of themselves to be nice to the common folk given their elevated status. Someone who could also give the current mods a dissenting opinion on stuff if merited.

I need a new phone this weekend. Something is seriously wrong with my phone right now. Since this morning I have had no service. It says 4G but everytime I try to make a call it drops the call before it even rings. If I try to text someone it returns the text and says can't send. Sometimes I'll see a few texts come in from hours ago and then I'll think its back, I might get out 1 txt before it goes off again. I've tried turning my phone off so many times (duh) I've taken the battery out a few times that doesn't work. I can't call the support because it wont let me call anyone. I had my brother call for me and they said they see me connected and they don't know whats wrong. I might have to go to the nearest place to get it checked which is 20 miles away ugh but I can't go till Friday at the earliest ugh fml

Is it possible that some asshole is playing with a jammer?

I met the guy once. He seemed passionate and certainly a little crazy in person and nice enough, but on-line he seemed like a tool most of the time.

Isnt he the dude with the megaphone that would talk **** at the tailgates? I remember when he got banned on here for hurling some Incredibly racist insults towards Slacky, then went to another forum afterwards to continue, and threatened to get his "Crew" to jump this dude that was blasting him in some forum.

Funny, I thought he was alright too, until I saw all that garbage.

Wow so after getting chewed out by my boss the other day for something that was right and no apoligy or anything all my best buds at the company are all leaving for different places. This sucks...... ( our department team lead making jokes about it... He got the position because kisses serious butt. Like babysits bosses kids kind of kiss butt)

Is it possible that some asshole is playing with a jammer?

No.  The jammer blocks all EM traffic, including cellular.  If the tower can see you, then there is no jammer.  Google how to factory reset your phone and it should be back up.

Most likely you've added some software / apps and removed them and there are files still on the phone causing problems.  I reset my phone about once a month just to keep the spam and crap off of it.  I play a lot of games, get bored and delete them.  Then my phone goes schizo on me.

Give it a shot.  Let us know if it works.

troubleshooting issue with application sending email through my email servers with app's support guy.

turns out the application doesn't meet the RFC spec for smtp. tarpitting completely breaks the app's ability to send email. i can see this in the logs.

also turns out application doesn't honor explicit config that says use port 8025, it's still using default port 25.

i outline all of this to the support guy. show him proof of the issue.

his response is "guess you need to configure it to use port 25"

the IT sector, from support to sys admins to management to developers, is completely flooded with incompetence.

sorry for the stupid rant. i needed somewhere to do it and this seemed like the best spot :)

I don't know if I'd be good at it, but I'd like to help those guys.

I used to be on many forums that weren't appropriately modded.  They turn into hot garbage very quickly.

Overrun with trolls, bots, spams, etc.

Very ugly stuff.

Even if all I did was keep the RTT and the tailgate in check, that would make me feel like I contributed something.

Dude, whether you're ever made a mod or not, what you (and others) do DOES help us in every way.

The help is when you simply abide by the rules (we obviously provide a fairly wide range on what you can do here), post regularly and engage people as reasonably as possible, and being humorous and serious and heartfelt and facetious and just involved as the mood strikes. And the big deal--caring for the site not just as a place that offers plenty of connection and entertainment, but also in terms of enjoying such while still caring about the community as a whole---not just a little clique--and avoiding self-indulgent abuse of the atmosphere. 

You do all the "good things", regularly, as do so many other tailgaters. It's a HUGE help to us and to all your fellow ES'ers. And all this applies to so many of you. Just as an ES'er, I sure thank you and everyone else this fits.

Wow so after getting chewed out by my boss the other day for something that was right and no apoligy or anything all my best buds at the company are all leaving for different places. This sucks...... ( our department team lead making jokes about it... He got the position because kisses serious butt. Like babysits bosses kids kind of kiss butt)

That sucks... good luck looking for a better place to work.

This is the primary reason I like working where I do, even if I'm a bit underpaid for the area considering what I can do (I don't think I'm really underpaid, but stats about salary for the position here say otherwise.) I don't have to deal with that sort of stuff... worst case we hire someone who just isn't what we thought they were and, after giving them plenty of opportunity to change and fit in, we get rid of them if it isn't working out.

The benefits of a small company. People like your boss just don't last long enough to get into any meaningful role.

That sucks... good luck looking for a better place to work.

This is the primary reason I like working where I do, even if I'm a bit underpaid for the area considering what I can do (I don't think I'm really underpaid, but stats about salary for the position here say otherwise.) I don't have to deal with that sort of stuff... worst case we hire someone who just isn't what we thought they were and, after giving them plenty of opportunity to change and fit in, we get rid of them if it isn't working out.

The benefits of a small company. People like your boss just don't last long enough to get into any meaningful role.

no one in the company seems to know what we do despite being like the smallest department(and one of the most important) in the nationwide corporation. We keep you from getting fined to hell when audits come. The corporation use to be under so many sanctions it was ridic. My boss turned them around with analysts. The problem is she lets personal feelings into work. She use to go out to lunch all the time with a dude who we found out did no work for like two years until he left. She goes blaming him but who is responsible for checking? Then promotes a person that acts like her twin and watches her kids. Best buds leaving now basically kills any connection. They told me they are leaving because they were told it would be a long time before they got a chance at a promotion. Yeah we're definitely underpaid. The company gives you 1% raises. My boss has some heart so she bumps it to 2%. She has to fight them to the death for 3%. My boss like demands you like her. every week we here about her life and all her kid troubles ,boyfriend,etc. I'm embarrassed for her kids and boyfriend for things I know.

Archived