Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

There is one person who's called their own number for the mod spot that is open that might make me puke if they are selected.

You do not walk in solitude.

It might be wrong to even hint at this (but I do so much wrong so often anyway) but some reactions from the current staff to some of the posts  are....only appreciative and grateful. 

(fooled ya)  :)

(but you know the truth)  :o  ^_^

There is one person who's called their own number for the mod spot that is open that might make me puke if they are selected.

What's going on?  Is someone leaving? Can't find a thread about this.

Oh...never mind.  Not sure how I missed it a few minutes ago.

Most people who meet me don't love me. Sometimes I swear that I see my shadow giving me the finger...

I'm an expert in behavioral science and I can help you.

1. Have your "serious" relationships on the internet as much as possible (lessens the "meeting" issues).

2. Remain in very dimmed lighting inside at all times and only go outside when it's dark (lessens the shadow threat).

So I'm sure people have talked about this in the past but what would you do if say you won 500 million? Say that you have to make a very large purchase like 100+ million. What would you do?

I would buy a MLS team for like what 300million DC united went for?

I predict that in 10-15 years MLS will be more highly regarded. I mean MLS only came around in the 90s. Old players who were stars in the Champions league and Premier league are coming over at the end of their careers for the money. This will attract fans which will generate money which will generate more money to spend on players which will lead to better players coming to the MLS.

Imagine you could but a team for like 300 million and then maybe 15 years from now it might be worth close to a billion! Thats a good investment.

Then I would buy the Redskins obviously.

Another thing I could see doing is say Okay I'll give 100mil to Flloyd and Pac  each for them to fight and I'll make back some of my money but more importantly the people will love me and cheer my name in the streets.

What's going on?  Is someone leaving?<edit>

Well, I'm the one who has been pushing for this for the last two years, and now it's finally under way, and I do hope to "retire" someday (or years ago), but there's no special staff departure that's related to this event---we just are way overdue on it as well as so many IT issues with the board that scream to be improved (and we'll be addressing that more, too).

Has anyone seen the video of the small plane that crashed in the ocean a few days ago? The plane deployed a personal parachute to soften the landing. Now I'm not really smart like so can someone explain to me why they can't make a chute for commercial planes? I mean I know the cost would be insane but they have chutes for rockets for NASA and I mean those must weight just as much or more than a commercial plane.

Well, I'm the one who has been pushing for this for the last two years, and now it's finally under way, and I do hope to "retire" someday (or years ago), but there's no special staff departure that's related to this event---we just are way overdue on it as well as so many IT issues with the board that scream to be improved (and we'll be addressing that more, too).

Retire? How dare you! You'll be buried with a laptop!

Retire? How dare you! You'll be buried with a laptop!

Wanna know something fun? My  20-year-plus first career was in high-end/state of the art (primarily) audio electronics (design/engineering/retail/consulting) but I bought my first ever laptop (a top line lenovo) less than two years ago and I still don't use a smart phone (caving in on that soon though, sigh).

Also never been a participant on social media sites (though on the research end of my current profession we use private twitter groups a lot these days for communication), but I may surrender to the FB thing in the next year (shoot me now).

If I suddenly had 500 mil id first roll up to my job in a fully modded Evo and be like "Im out, ****", then purposefully get myself lost in the jungle, and try to find my way back to civilization.

And if I survive, maybe buy a loft somewhere in NYC, and then build a retreat home in the wilderness, and make it out of stone, complete with a lengthy fallout shelter. And stock it with everything. It would be a Gary Busey wet dream.

Anyone do any consultation work on the side?

I was just approached to be a project manager consultant on the side.  QMRs, Process improvements, ISO 9001 conversions, LEAN Six Sigma etc.

$15 an hour starting out, when the work comes.  The company just started. Possibly a full time gig later.

Is it worthwhile?  Sustainable?

something about uncontrollable rage that made some man into a monster hit a little too close to home.

If Itch got picked last for kickball, he'd start supelxing half the playground, one kid one at a time. 

Archived