Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Drake isn't a sad boy. Drake is a dumpster. Sad boy is something else but yall bammas would not know about all the sub genres of rap would yall 

Happy bday itch.

An all female Ghostbusters is just too much. Sad state of affairs when they turn Ghostbusters into a female comedy.

I agree with you but you can't say anything without being sexist. I mean why does it have to be the whole cast? Because it feels like the only reason they did it was for shock value.

Its like if you were to re do the Alien series with a man....it's just feels like it should be Weaver and not a man

idk I sound sexist im sure so ill stop.

I'm not a big fan of hockey but I do pay attention to the capitals. I'm having a hard time understanding what Leonsis was thinking allowing McPhee to trade Forsberg for Erat? A big caps fan at work was talking about how great a deal it was when it went down and I told him I thought it was stupid. I guess my random thought is why the hell would any competent GM look at this kind of trade in any sport and think it's a good idea? Your best prospect for essentially a nobody.

That move was pretty much the final move in the string that sent McPhee out the door. Maclellan still catches the heat about it FOR him. I think your buddy might have been pretty shortsighted or had some kinda mancrush on Erat for some really weird reason because I can't really say I know many if any at all Caps fans that didn't just bury their head in their hands when that move was announced. It has been and for a LONG time will only be referred to as "The Trade" ever since. Personally, although I was late to the party on this, that was the single moment that I was calling for GMGM's head. He basically sold off our future for mediocrity, and as we found out later as a bonus, a premadonna jerk.

What's that about Forsberg? Peter? Hockey GOD?

I have a framed pic of him on my table in front of me. My husband is cool with that. He also knows I have dreams about RGIII. He's cool with that, too. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

We're talking about Filip Forsberg.

I agree with you but you can't say anything without being sexist. I mean why does it have to be the whole cast? Because it feels like the only reason they did it was for shock value.

Its like if you were to re do the Alien series with a man....it's just feels like it should be Weaver and not a man

idk I sound sexist im sure so ill stop.

It isn't sexist.

You can't replace the whole male cast of a movie with a whole female cast of a movie and still call it the same thing. It's not the same movie and quite frankly it's a cash grab using the name of an already existing and highly regarded franchise.

I am vehemently against this movie.

I hate sports movies with a passion they suck. the directors and actors direct and act like they've never been to a sporting even in their life. The jerseys look tacky. The scripts are terrible. It's just awful.

Like I know this isn't a sports movie but for example in Sum of all fears at the football game there are like clowns on stilts walking around in the stands while the game is on and like everyone is waving an American flag for like no reason and I swear to god their is a parade of elephants walking around or something stupid and no one is even paying attention to the football game there are like more clowns blowing up balloon animals and I'm just thinking "Please let the nuke go off on these people"

Replacements is so bad. You have the coach act like Tom Landry and then you have those brain dead players that could not find their way out of a box who just hit things then you have the pretty boy QB and the man whore skill position players then you have a terrible script and just ugh its so bad

It's like watching a tv show or a movie where people are playing video games and they are moving the controllers around and not pressing the buttons or holding the controllers upside down or there is not even a game in the console and its just like ugh have you even ever played a video game before

It isn't sexist.

You can't replace the whole male cast of a movie with a whole female cast of a movie and still call it the same thing. It's not the same movie and quite frankly it's a cash grab using the name of an already existing and highly regarded franchise.

I am vehemently against this movie.

Just imagine 10 years from now when a 25 year old thinks of Ghost busters he is going to think of Mccarthys untalented fat ass

I hate sports movies with a passion they suck. the directors and actors direct and act like they've never been to a sporting even in their life. The jerseys look tacky. The scripts are terrible. It's just awful.

Like I know this isn't a sports movie but for example in Sum of all fears at the football game there are like clowns on stilts walking around in the stands while the game is on and like everyone is waving an American flag for like no reason and I swear to god their is a parade of elephants walking around or something stupid and no one is even paying attention to the football game there are like more clowns blowing up balloon animals and I'm just thinking "Please let the nuke go off on these people"

Replacements is so bad. You have the coach act like Tom Landry and then you have those brain dead players that could not find their way out of a box who just hit things then you have the pretty boy QB and the man whore skill position players then you have a terrible script and just ugh its so bad

It's like watching a tv show or a movie where people are playing video games and they are moving the controllers around and not pressing the buttons or holding the controllers upside down or there is not even a game in the console and its just like ugh have you even ever played a video game before

I think your examples might prove why you don't like them lol. Considering The Replacements was a sports comedy with no licenses, starring friggin Keanu Reeves, do you really expect cinematic gold? It's a slapstick movie. Not saying I don't like it. Lol Sadly it's the closest the Redskins have to a movie about them considering it's loosely based on one of our SB years.

If I was going to acknowledge some real sports movies that were actually serious The Replacements is probably the last one I would pick. How about Miracle, at least Rocky 1 and 2, Raging Bull, although it was full of BS how about Remember the Titans, Bull Durham, Moneyball, and countless others?

Air bud killed sports movies for me. Only white people would get posted up in the paint by a ****ing dog lmao

In all seriousness the best sports movie would have to beeee idk umm Okay I gotta think here

There was a serious golf one I can't remember the name of it damn it lol

I bet foxcatcher is one of the best tho

Jpage, Hell, I even like the one with Marky Mark about the Eagles WR.

Hell Yeah! Invincible was awesome! He was awesome in "The Fighter" too.

Air bud killed sports movies for me. Only white people would get posted up in the paint by a ****ing dog lmao

In all seriousness the best sports movie would have to beeee idk umm Okay I gotta think here

There was a serious golf one I can't remember the name of it damn it lol

I bet foxcatcher is one of the best tho

Lol Come on dude. Air Bud? Really? You're only further proving my point. That's kinda like saying you hated The Little Mermaid for its lack of realism.

You're probably thinking of "The Greatest Game Ever Played" which was really good.

The Natural, Field of Dreams, Tin Cup, Bull Durham...

On that Kevin Costner train ay? Not denying it, those are all great. Just noting the common denominator other than "The Natural".

Hoosiers, Million Dollar Baby, The Blind Side, I think the Ty Cobb movie with Tommy Lee Jones is really good too.

Clueless referencing the Air Dog and such... might as well throw in Major League and The Bad News Bears. Although both were good movies in their respective expectations.

Hell Yeah! Invincible was awesome! He was awesome in "The Fighter" too.

I feel like I saw The Fighter...not sure though. I may have just seen the previews.

Yeah, I like the entertainment of Rocky, but it doesn't make me own the box set. They should have shut it down after the fourth one.

I love the build up of the story, but if it was a single movie without the sequels...most of you would never have seen it.

So Clueless, You stated you like suspense and thrillers right ? Are your favorites Scary Movie 1-15 ?

Seriously what are your favorites ?

I know it has the big fight at the end, but I still think it's more of a love story than anything else.  Proof is that you can barely hear who won the fight because the movie is focused on Rocky and Adrian trying to find each other.

Yea kind of meant all the Rockys in general. Prob would say out of all of them i disliked the 1st one the most. 

Archived