Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Wow....unreal. :(

"Garcon on how much he was looking forward to throwing that pass: "Not at all. I was like, this is where we've come?" #Redskins"

Yeah, 6 games left in the season (5 now) and it starts.  If we were 6-4, he would have been talking about how much fun it was, his rocket arm, joking, etc.  When you're 3-7, it's a different tone.  This is the stretch of a losing season I hate the most, the last 4-6 weeks, when you already know its over but there are still games left to play.

I want to believe that every player goes out there and leaves everything they got on the field.  But reality tells me it's probably a lot of players putting in minimal effort to the level slightly above a pre-season game mixed with ones giving 110% playing for their next contract or giving other teams a talent audition.

Then all the attitude and talk and tweets start coming out, throwing each other under the bus.  Followed by apologies and "I'm mad because this team can do better and we want to win."  "This team can play better than this and we expect better results, etc.".

Winning really does cure everything :(

Would y'all take Jameis if he was there?

As a FSU fan that follows every game, the kid has good size, great arm and all the potential to be successful in the NFL.  With that said, no.  No QB, no, nope, nada, hell no.  

I want our first two picks to be offensive line.  At minimum, our 1st rounder and 3rd rounder, with the second used on the defensive line.

I don't know about UPS and FedEx, but USPS... I just found out it is a lot. lol

Accepted delivery, did we? Smh....and here I thought you we're a good guy

Wouldn't be surprised if he's cut this offseason.

Neither would I. And what a bummer that would be :(

Don't forgot about secondary help. I think this team needs CB's and Safety's on D more than DL help.

Use the 2nd on a CB or safety, I'd be happy with that.  I wouldn't waste the time drafting defense later than the 2nd or 3rd round though (talking starters not depth).  I'd prefer the 2nd.  With o-line you can still snag a better prospect for guard/center in the 3rd round.  

I'd honestly prefer to snag some defensive backs in FA that can start and have an immediate impact.  Not sure who is going to be available in the off-season though.  

Don't forgot about secondary help. I think this team needs CB's and Safety's on D more than DL help.

We need an elite level player at really every position on this team, except maybe RB. Even Morris is limited as he's not a good pass catcher. We have no one on this team who is elite at their position.

We can pick any position with a top 10 pick really. We have a huge high quality talent problem.

Lots of mediocre to good players.

We need an elite level player at really every position on this team, except maybe RB. Even Morris is limited as he's not a good pass catcher. We have no one on this team who is elite at their position.

We can pick any position with a top 10 pick really. We have a huge high quality talent problem.

Lots of mediocre to good players.

I would say DJax and Garcon/Roberts are above average. ANd LT is solid for a few more years. But yeah, BPA might be the choice.

Here is a list of free agents for next year you can sort by position and it includes the cap hit.  Website is Sportrac:  http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/

Would be nice to bring in Free or Bulaga at RT (Bulaga is only 24, Free is 30), Iupati at guard (27 years old).  For D-line, Suh is available, but we don't need to spend that kind of money, Farley is available too.  Revis (probably cost too much) and Kareem Jackson are out there at CB.

There are zero QBs out there to plug in for a year, none I'd bring in at least.  That is assuming the days of RGIII end after this season.

Here is a list of free agents for next year you can sort by position and it includes the cap hit.  Website is Sportrac:  http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/

Would be nice to bring in Free or Bulaga at RT (Bulaga is only 24, Free is 30), Iupati at guard (27 years old).  For D-line, Suh is available, but we don't need to spend that kind of money, Farley is available too.  Revis (probably cost too much) and Kareem Jackson are out there at CB.

There are zero QBs out there to plug in for a year, none I'd bring in at least.  That is assuming the days of RGIII end after this season.

Or we could build our O-line through the draft like the good front offices.

Or we could build our O-line through the draft like the good front offices.

I'd prefer that, which is why I want at least our 1st round pick on o-line and then the 2nd or 3rd.  It can't hurt to bring in some studs in FA too though.  Like everything, it's going to take time, considering all the holes we do have.

Imagine if we could land Bulaga and Iupati in FA, both are still relatively young (24 and 27).  We then draft a center in the 2nd or 3rd round (preferably 3rd).  Move Kory to guard.  I don't know the oldest starters at each o-line position in the league, but lets say that 32 is the age limit where we need to start looking at replacements at each position except LT and lets say that age is 30 (and they can be moved to RT too if skills decline).

Montgomery is 31, so hes on his way out to back-up status or another team.  We snag a center in the draft, they will be around 21-22 years old.  Kory is 29, so he has 2-3 more years in him.  Trent is 26, so hes got at least 4 more years left at LT.

We would be rolling with:  LT (Trent - 26) LG (Iupati - 27)  C (rookie - 21/22)  RG (K. Lich - 29)  RT (Bulaga - 24)

Baring no injuries, we would be solid the next four years at LT, LG, C and RT, the entire left side of our line would be solid.  It would allow us to focus on defensive line and secondary in the draft this year as well as needed stop gaps in FA cause we cant fix this in one draft and off-season.  

We draft another guard in 2016 to replace Lich and move Lich to 2nd string for depth, then continue to build through the draft moving forward. 

Draft O-line, get one off the trade block, get one off FA. Hogs again. Breeland is good, Amerson will be alright. Get another guy for the seondary, but god damn imagine Alfred with some beast O-line. Imagine Griff not scared of getting his soul knocked out of him Ala ever QB we've had since Ramsey started getting his ****ing ass kicked. Brunell had time in the pocket for a couple years there, a lot of it thanks to Portis transforming himself in to a damn fullback practcally. But of course Brunell played like he had double hip replacement surgery. Just our luck.

Griff is shell shocked. It reminds me of Ramsey. As soon as they get the ball hiked to them their teeth are chattering. RG doesn't want to get hit anymore, he hates it. It jars his nervous system, imagine getting completely leveled as much as he has.

For real - no matter who is thrown back there at QB, they NEED to make a true commitment to upgrade the o-line.

Hasn't this been one of the first things out of everyone's mouth for almost a decade? No one is willing to do anything about it. 

1.) Most important position on the field is QB.

2.) Protect any QB you have and they'll have a chance to play above their level (Mark Rypien anyone?)

3.) Be able to get to your opponent's QB, especially in a pass happy league. 

Hasn't this been one of the first things out of everyone's mouth for almost a decade? No one is willing to do anything about it. 

Yeah, it makes no sense.  Only thing I can think of is o-line doesn't sell jerseys.  That's all I got, cause ballgames are dictated by the trenches.  It starts there first, it's football 101, yet we seem to think otherwise.  It's baffling.

Yeah, it makes no sense.  Only thing I can think of is o-line doesn't sell jerseys.  That's all I got, cause ballgames are dictated by the trenches.  It starts there first, it's football 101, yet we seem to think otherwise.  It's baffling.

But the offensive line makes your QB and WR look even better and you would be able to sell jerseys of 3rd and 4th WRs like the packers do or the patriots.  

I have a feeling Garçon is responsible for some of the leaks. I think he badly regrets coming here. Wouldn't be surprised if he's cut this offseason.

Apparently he talked a lot of **** his last year in Indy as well. I think it's him too.

I'm all in favor of dumping his ass, along with Roberts, in favor of some cheaper intermediate guys that can block, and keeping Djax. The rest of those dudes can **** off.

Archived