Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

You couldn't pay me to watch a Raiders game . Shame. Seems likes 30 years ago when Rich Gannon was balling out for them and Chucky was on the sidelines

It's crazy how fast they became a nationwide joke. Super Bowl one year, total joke the next and ever since

Really, I think their descent into madness fully started in 2000 when they spent a 1st on Janikowski (he's been good, but that much better than his peers that would justify a 1st? Come on.) Then, like anyone who has dealt with older folks losing it, it was in and out of sanity. Good days, bad days, good seasons, bad seasons. Finally just completely lose it.

You know it's sad. That really might be literally what happened to the Raiders. AL Davis (RIP--his memory deserves much better than what it gets) really might have lost it. Folks see it, know what's going on, tell themselves he's going to be gone soon, just let him have this. Then it stretches out, it becomes too late to put your foot down and real damage is done. Really is sad.

Anyway, is The Talented Mr. Ripley any good? Never seen it. Got one of those 2-for-1 DVDs, Ripley's Game, which I've never even heard of it, didn't know it existed. Shocked to see it's got a 95 on Rotten Tomatoes. How about that one? Anyone seen it?

(Trying to get back into movies, prepare for this **** winter we're a lock to have)

I hope we get crushed with snow this winter. Not like Buffalo, but something big.

I love snow, love watching Tazette play and have fun in it.  With that said, I don't get to enjoy it with her as much, unless its a weekend day.  Because I work from home for my company, all of us that do, we are the contingency plan for inclement weather.  So that means when everyone cant get to the office, we are on deck making sure business keeps running :)

No complaints, cause I love working from home.  But I get my lunch hour with her to make a snowman, etc.  and about 30 mins - 1 hour after work before dark to play in the snow.  

With all that said, I hope it snows butt-hole deep 5 times this year lol.

I was hoping it was the guy driving.

Oh, me too, but damn! My girlfriends & I all sing the "I Wanna Drive the Zamboni" song really loud at the Gladiators games...CUZ WE REALLY DO WANNA DRIVE IT!

And we want to do it correctly so we don't get laughed at. An honorable goal, I think...we're all over 30, and I'm the Grandma of the group, so I think we got this, LOL

Forclosure house renovations now likely to go $15k over budget. *facepalm*

Sorry I didn't weigh in, but no one listens to me...

always figure "double". I swear, your "double" number will almost always be under what you spend. You never see it comin.

Pace yourself. And...PRIORITIZE. It doesn't all have to get done right now.(just what's immediately structural, and insulation for the upcoming season.)

Set goals...this month, these 1-2 things, etc.

I'll tell you, if you stress out, you'll end up where I am...3 projects at once, and 2 pods in storage. Don't do dat. Chill, and only take on what you can.

I'm being generous in my description ...stepkid just came this week to get a quarter of what she left here 11 years ago, hence my stress of not just being able to get rid of a bunch of ****.

We've got light at the end of the tunnel. but my bank account is majorly hit. Got the well pump repaired, holding tanks put in....turn on the water. Leaking pipes. FML. Contractor thinks the bank didn't winterize properly. Left water in the pipes, and shut of the electricity. Bam. Frozen pipes.

What kind of work are you doing?

Septic holding tanks compeltely replaced...fixing well issues. Re doing a master bath, powder room and kitchen. Replacing some windows and a sliding door (I got a fantastic deal on a set of french doors at an auction so that helped).

Waiting on the estimate from the plumber for the pipes issue now.

Septic holding tanks compeltely replaced...fixing well issues. Re doing a master bath, powder room and kitchen. Replacing some windows and a sliding door (I got a fantastic deal on a set of french doors at an auction so that helped).

Waiting on the estimate from the plumber for the pipes issue now.

jeez...nevermind. You have my prayers.

Archived