Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

This Jesus-looking fella does acapella covers of all kinds of VG music. It's insane and I love his name -- "Smooth McGroove." This one's a cover of what you posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0a41vRU0w

I'm already hip. Without clicking I know you're talking about my man McGroove lol

Honestly, his sound a little better than the original lol

Speaking of game music, if you all like that type of music, this album is a must buy. 

They have the best version of Aquatic Ambiance on their too lol

I'm already hip. Without clicking I know you're talking about my man McGroove lol

Honestly, his sound a little better than the original lol

Speaking of game music, if you all like that type of music, this album is a must buy. 

They have the best version of Aquatic Ambiance on their too lol

Legitimately laughed out loud at work at "my man McGroove." I'm glad He's managed to pick up disciples. 

Going to check out that album, love the song "Auriel's Ascension" from Oblivion. 

My favorite video game soundtrack growing up was Streets of Rage 2's. Loved that the game had an option to listen to the soundtrack, and even all the sound effects. Level 4, the baseball stadium, what a jam. Level 1 as well. Every song is killer.

So good. That game is awesome. Of course Smooth delivers here -- I think this one is from Level 3? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYR7mq3PJQ

Hahaha, love it when we take our random-thought-thread antics to other threads. When several of us happen to drop our brand of humor in the Walking Dead thread for example (the fine women and recent brothas rants) have me rolling.

Should have an RTT contest to see who can hijack some of the cluster**** threads in the Stadium. Mods probably wouldn't like it but it'd be more interesting than tbe 14,000th "Do you believe in RGIII?" thread

OK, you folks in Charlotte (great place, I love it, but)....

I've posted before about my admiration for your love of hockey, but WTF?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/man-falls-asleep-on-zamboni-during-ahl-intermission--video-193435944.html

lol, that's funny.  Not sure how one can fall asleep at a hockey game, but I guess anything is possible :D

Should have an RTT contest to see who can hijack some of the cluster**** threads in the Stadium. Mods probably wouldn't like it but it'd be more interesting than tbe 14,000th "Do you believe in RGIII?" thread

I'd be down.  Can that be considered trolling and get us banned though?  Now that I think about it.

Man, How to Get Away With Murder might have just put on the best half-season debut EVER! The way they revealed everything throughout the season. The acting was on point. It was nice. The ending of tonight's episode got me. Shonda Rhimes is an incredible talent. 

She's amazing. The fact that Thurs nights are all done by her and none of the shows are disappointing so far this year is incredible. Even Greys has been keeping my interest this season. It's been a while since I could say that. I haven't watched htgawm for the last 2 episodes yet, but I plan to catch up over the weekend. And Scandal? Just wow!!

She's amazing. The fact that Thurs nights are all done by her and none of the shows are disappointing so far this year is incredible. Even Greys has been keeping my interest this season. It's been a while since I could say that. I haven't watched htgawm for the last 2 episodes yet, but I plan to catch up over the weekend. And Scandal? Just wow!!

Yeah, I hadn't watch Scandal yet. I heard that was good too. But HTGAWM blew my mind. Just wait until you see it lol

Well that's part of the challenge. To hijack a thread and take control of the conversation that isn't obvious trolling

Give me the thread title and I'll do it...

I want to throw up right now. 

I was looking for the Muhammad Ali, "The Champ Is Here" picture... And a whole bunch of John Cena stuff came up. :(

You Greys/Get away with murder folks....are yall hip to Parenthood? Gosh DOG that's a good show.

Love Parenthood. I'm so pissed that it's the final season. I swear, I cried every episode last season. The whole Ryan/Amber thing hit home so hard. By the looks of the previews for the next episode, it'll be time to pull out the tissues again.

So I turn 40 in less than 2 months. I spent my first half of my life skinny trying to put on weight. I've spent the last half getting fat. I'm not super chunk but I do have a beer gut (without drinking beer - thank you Pepsi and Dr. Pepper).

So I've started dragging myself back to the gym. And trying to eliminate the soda. Trying being the optimal word. 

I know it's a slow process, but if I can lose 30 and get back into the 170's, I think I might live at least another 40. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

So I turn 40 in less than 2 months. I spent my first half of my life skinny trying to put on weight. I've spent the last half getting fat. I'm not super chunk but I do have a beer gut (without drinking beer - thank you Pepsi and Dr. Pepper).

So I've started dragging myself back to the gym. And trying to eliminate the soda. Trying being the optimal word.

I know it's a slow process, but if I can lose 30 and get back into the 170's, I think I might live at least another 40. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

Smash water like crazy. It's liquid fat burner. It's not always going to be enjoyable, treat it like a workout. I know, smartasses, you can die from too much water. Consume less than 1 water tower worth of water a week. Chugging it will fill your belly up, dulling hunger. Sometimes I chug too much, too fast, and feel like I just got done with Thanksgiving dinner. You can add a little juice (fresh squeezed or bottled) to it to spritz it up a bit. Put some ice in there, maybe look up ways to blend it to make a slurpie type of thing.

I have a 1 gallon Deer Park bottle to drink water from at home, refill it about 2 or 3 times a day. Plus a large pitcher to mix water with juice. I'd suggest coming down off the soda by drinking water mixed with various juices. When I'm on point, I go about 10% juice 90% water. When I'm stuck in a junk food rut I'll go something like 30% juice 70% water...then slowly decrease the juice content.

You on any type of medication? I've mentioned before how I gained a **** ton of weight and it turns out one of the medications I was taking can cause weight gain and nobody ****ing told me. Didn't even realize it until I stopped taking it and lost a **** ton of weight.

When I joined the Army a few months after turning 18, I weighed like 150. Skinny as **** and had been skinny as **** my entire life up to then. Fast forward 10+ years and I weigh 230+. I'd see family members and damn near the first thing they'd say to me, as politely as possible, was how much bigger I was.

It was alright at first because I always disliked being skinny as **** and wanted to be bigger. Then it just became apparent that I wasn't simply bigger. I was straight up fat. Ugh.

It was all kind of blowing my mind because if anything, I was eating HEALTHIER than I had in the past. So I stop taking the medication (was for sleep and was just no longer effective) and within a year (maybe closer to six months) I'm down to 175. Didn't hit the gym or exercise a single time.

I'm pretty pissed about that. Doctor prescribes the **** to me, sees me gaining weight, says ****, and it takes another doctor to tell me about that side effect. Sorry to hijack. Point is make sure you check and research the potential side effects of any medication you might be taking.

But yeah, stopping soda is HUGE. People realize it's bad for you but I don't think they realize just HOW bad it is for you. My mom is a nurse, 30+ years. She has said for years now that she honestly believes that soda consumption is one of the major issues facing this country and people don't even know it; that doing something about soda would be the biggest step we could take in regards to our obesity issue.

YEah, i went out and got one of these -https://www.hydroflask.com/products/hydro-flask-insulated-water-bottle-18oz-wide-medium

They are amazing at keeping water (or other beverages, including ice) cool all day. Now I just have to put it to use with water and not other evil calorie hogging bevearages.

You used hot liquids in it yet? Wonder how it would work with coffee. If you have, is it hot to hold?

Archived