Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

You from Morgantown man? My grandma, my mom's mom, is from Morgantown. Used to go every year, top of Bertha Hill (pre trailer park, well full blown trailer park anyway). Didn't go much after my great grandfather (coal miner) and great grandmother passed about 20 years ago but was there last year to bury my grandmother (RIP).

Man you should've seen her car. It was covered in West Virginia/Morgantown/WVU stickers. Hell her personalized license plate was ILUVWVU. I honestly doubt there has been anybody in the history of the world who was more proud to be from West Virginia and Morgantown specifically than her. And of course the one college grad on that side of my family, my uncle, went to WVU. Ditto my aunt, his wife (met her there) and two of their kids went as well.

But yeah, my mom spent her entire summers there growing up. Has some great stories. She's always said that she took her shoes off when she got there and didn't put them on again until it was time to head back home to the DMV (Ffx County specifically).

Anyway, originally came in here to say that I'm a city boy through and thorough. Just what I enjoy, what I feel comfortable in. That's why living out in the country at the moment has started giving me cabin fever and I'm really dreading this winter. That said, you can't beat the homeowner handing you a shotgun and asking you to take out some hawk trying to eat their chickens (they've lost four or five over the past two weeks). Been a looooooong time since I've fired a weapon (being stripped of your constitutional rights don't help) but I qualified expert in the Army for a reason. I'm still a beast.

Gotta love that country life!! I'm a small town girl... Ashtabula, OH. Yea, can't get much smaller than that. But the first time I met my in laws we were shooting guns in their back yard. Good times! Also riding 4 wheelers and nearest neighbors like a mile up the road. One day if we ever get out of WA, I'd love to live like that. But I'm not cleaning any dead animals, and we'll see about owning a farm (which is what the Mr really wants). It's nice to dream tho. And if we ever win the lottery, we'll come meet up with yall for some drinks or something!

Man, haven't watched this in forever. I literally can't watch it and not laugh my ass off. Eli is the man!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKKxPtP6XjQ

I was having a discussion not too long ago about the greatest videos in the history of the Internet. That one was definitely brought. I still think this is the GOAT of the Internet Age though. I can't even imagine what could overtake it. For me.

Some NSFW language so I'll just post the link:

Mother****ing Bootleg Fireworks [Original Subtitl…:

Daughter was doing her homework (Thanksgiving related) and one of the writing assignments was to complete the sentences.  On the last one it said, "On Thanksgiving our family tradition is:"  So she says, "watching football" and I add "and pull against the Cowboys".  Tazette screams out "Yes!  We do that every Thanksgiving!".  And she writes it down :D

Whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving.  I'm off all week, so I plan to chill out, watch the **** out of the boob tube, play some CoD and Battlefield and eat.  I'm thinking about smoking our turkey this year, never done that before.  Gotta look up how long a 13lb'er will take though, Im not staying up all night doing it if it takes something crazy like 10+ hours.  If that's the case, I'll just buy some turkey legs to smoke and be done with it.

Dreamcast update: Holy **** is it rough finding games. My two big targets was the highly recommended (in here) Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia. Looked ****ing everywhere, no dice on either. Finally found Shenmue on eBay yesterday. That should be getting Saturday.

Before that, hit up the recommended eStarland in Chantilly. Nice place. Real nice. But not much when it comes to the Dreamcast. Picked up Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventures.

Then today hit up McKay's Used Books in Manassas. I had actually called them when I first got the Dreamcast to see if they had games and the **** put me on hold for ten minutes then told me no. Went there today for something else and whaddayaknow, they do have games. Quite a few actually. Possibly better than eStarland even (definitely cheaper). Picked up Rayman 2, NFL2K, Toy Commander and The House of Dead 2.

Slowly but surely. I enjoy collecting games. Like I've said before, I'd rather spend $60 on 5-10 15-year-old PS2 or Dreamcast games than a singe PS4 game. Just works for me. I'm old. **** it.

Yeah I got it cheaper than all those. And I can't imagine the game I'd drop $75+ for. Appreciate it though. Iirc it was you who got it to the top of my "must have" list. Was that you that told me about it in this thread?

Yeah I got it cheaper than all those. And I can't imagine the game I'd drop $75+ for. Appreciate it though. Iirc it was you who got it to the top of my "must have" list. Was that you that told me about it in this thread?

It's possible, but I don't remember. It's one of my favorite games of all time and I'm still pissed they haven't made another one.

Daughter was doing her homework (Thanksgiving related) and one of the writing assignments was to complete the sentences. On the last one it said, "On Thanksgiving our family tradition is:" So she says, "watching football" and I add "and pull against the Cowboys". Tazette screams out "Yes! We do that every Thanksgiving!". And she writes it down :D

Whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving. I'm off all week, so I plan to chill out, watch the **** out of the boob tube, play some CoD and Battlefield and eat. I'm thinking about smoking our turkey this year, never done that before. Gotta look up how long a 13lb'er will take though, Im not staying up all night doing it if it takes something crazy like 10+ hours. If that's the case, I'll just buy some turkey legs to smoke and be done with it.

I'm flying out to Columbus, OH to spend Thanksgiving with my uncle and his family. Got way too many damn family members. Everytime I pick where to go i inevitably piss someone else off. It's like a draft when it comes to figuring out who's going where during the holidays.

This might be the first time in a decade that I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, or something other than sports. I have no desire to watch football this year. Just the thought of it makes me want to puke

I'm pretty sure I saw a Shenmue 2 when I was trying to find the first

I mentioned it to you, and yes, there is a Shenmue II. Good, but not to the level of the original

Verizon Fios

I was going to say that I occasionally have the same issues. It'll show a program starting earlier than it should, or straight up showing something completely random. Happened a few times in the last year or so.

Dude. Wtf. Playing NFL2K. Did a fantasy draft. Took Favre with my top pick and then my next 5 picks were spent building the greatest oline in the history of mankind (Boselli and Ogden are my tackles). The rest of my team sucks as a result but oh well..

Anyway, Favre just threw the ball 40 yards...****ing backwards. Lame. Thank God I'm up against Kordell Stewart (1-6 for 3 yards in the first half...for the a Cowboys)

I mentioned it to you, and yes, there is a Shenmue II. Good, but not to the level of the original

I was going to say that I occasionally have the same issues. It'll show a program starting earlier than it should, or straight up showing something completely random. Happened a few times in the last year or so.

I'm guessing the recorded version was delayed (though it records the earlier show instead) because of the speech, but our tv channel aired Elementary on time.

Isn't Shenmue the game where you don't really do much? You kinda just live your life

I remember ppl were divided on it when it came out

Must be talking I g about another Shenmue. The original is one of the highest rated games ever. Open world action adventure.

I think one of its problems was that it arrived on a soon to be dead platform, and because it didn't get a lot of hype, people simply were unaware of its existence, and when PS2, GameCube, Xbox, etc came out, it was over.

Every time I watch Derek Carr play, I swear he looks like he has mascara and eye liner on. We were watching this past Sunday and I told a few people that, we paused the game and sure enough, he had that look. Can't find a great picture of what I am talking about, just look at him the next time you watch the Raiders and they show a close up of his face.

Archived