Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Him. Migos. Young Thug.

You knows it's terrible but you can't get it out of your head

I have no idea what a Migos is and by the looks of it that's a good thing.

I have always kind of liked Three Six, way back in the days of Sippin' On Some Syrup. I went back and listened to that album on Spotify a couple of weeks ago and it honestly doesn't sound like it came out 15 years ago. It's pretty crazy because most of the rap that came out in 1999-2000 sounds dated by now.

Had a thought the other day, me and wifey have been married for (almost) 10 years.

We've never gone on a vacation that didn't involve visiting family.

That sucks.

We're going to Moses Lake, WA next weekend.  I know NOONE that lives there.

Here's to our very first family vacation!

Had a thought the other day, me and wifey have been married for (almost) 10 years.

We've never gone on a vacation that didn't involve visiting family.

That sucks.

We're going to Moses Lake, WA next weekend. I know NOONE that lives there.

Here's to our very first family vacation!

I loathe family vacations. You will enjoy the hell out of this solo vacation. To the point you don't want to come home. My wife is from Cali so we have to burn vacation every couple years to go back. The years we don't, OBX is so nice. Do NOTHING for an entire week.

Found out my buddy from high school was in a car wreck today with his 3 kids.  Everyone is ok, but some asshole failed to yield and crossed a median it says, totaled his car.  His youngest is a year and a half old.  I'm just at a loss for words.  I'm so thankful that him and his family are ok.  

And I'm also extremely angry at the **** that almost took a life.  Just talking to his wife and reading an article about it takes me to a really dark place.  When my wife was 32 weeks pregnant, some asshole did the same thing and totaled her Corolla.  She got lucky, her and my baby girl made it out.  Getting that phone call, nearly killing myself to get to the hospital, it's like I just re-lived the same incident.  

Talking to my boy Matt tonight (aka Who Del aka whatever his screen name is now (I'll look it up and edit). Stopped smoking for 3 weeks now. Cold turkey too. Congrats to him. Got me thinking though...

I really need to quit dipping. Been doing it ever since I joined the Army (after I enlisted but before I even shipped to basic). So well over a decade now. Other than it ****ing with my teeth, I really don't notice any health issues (why I think it's better than smoking, on multiple levels. Yeah I'm going to lose my teeth/jaw but good chance you do too. At least I can breathe--reason I switched to dipping from smoking, Army and running--and I don't smell like a walking ashtray). And I have a vast roster of smokers, going back a very long time, on both sides of them family and not a single case of cancer. Heart problems, alzheimers and alcoholism/addiction issues? Yes. But no cancer. Not one. I'm normally good for family firsts though so I know it's coming for my ass. So I want to quit. I know I should quit. I know I need to quit. But honestly, I don't REALLY want to quit. I don't feel like quitting is probably a better way to put it. And maybe I'm missing it, but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there to help quit dipping. No e-dip or "How to Quit Dipping" books. I'm already on the verge of murder (<--exaggeration ftr) living in a place I don't want to be. I can't go cold turkey. But on the flipside I know pretty much wherever I'm at in life (physically, mentally, emotionally, whatever) I can always find an excuse. Ugh. I do wonder if an e-cigarette might help. Anyone got any recommendations? I've been told that money counts with e-cigs. If you get one, spend the money and get a nice one. The cheap ones are ****. True?

Chicks tolerate dip mouth? That would be my motivation to quitting "can't get none with this breath gotta do something" Just pick up a healthy addiction like shoes and when I say shoes I don't mean Jordans unless you trying to impress high school chicks. I mean legit dress shoes and lowtop boots and stuff. That's how I quit McDonalds

Chicks (dates) are what pouches and Snus was invented for.

But anyway, like with Zoony telling me I'll love Denver once I meet the right girl (in my DMV/Denver thread), I've been married twice now. And divorced, twice. I know I'm just talking in the moment, but I can't even picture the girl who could get me in a serious relationship again. Been telling people for a long time now that I'm going to die alone and I'm going to die happy.

So yeah, random dates/hookups I can play it off. A series relationship that motivates me to quit, I can't even imagine that.

I do need to replace it with something. Got to be related though. Like an e-cigarette, or hell, an example, I've seen people quit smoking and go to lollipops. Unfortunately nicotine gum does nothing for me. Tried that before and it just ends up with me "chewing" like 5 pieces at a time. The only thing I get out of the patch is some insane and intense dreams (got a great story on that, but not sharing it here). I'm really considering trying an e-cigarette but I have no idea how effective they are when it comes to dipping and I don't want to (read: can't) spend the type of money the quality ones cost just to TRY something.

Thanks for all your help, this **** just goes up and down and it always seems like I'm fighting some kind of adversity and I can't just enjoy my damn life. 

Heading out to Nats park Sunday to get another bobblehead. Maybe that will ease the pain. **** it. I'll see what else they have on sale. 

Thanks for all your help, this **** just goes up and down and it always seems like I'm fighting some kind of adversity and I can't just enjoy my damn life.

Heading out to Nats park Sunday to get another bobblehead. Maybe that will ease the pain. **** it. I'll see what else they have on sale.

I'll say this man, **** won't change until YOU change it. I know that can be hard (and damn near impossible if it's family) but sometimes you just simply have to put your foot down. Hard decisions in the short term for happiness in the longterm.

But yeah, root on our Nats for me. I wish I could be there. They'll be playing at the Rockies next series. Already got my tickets. For all three games. You better believe I'm going to represent and make the DMV proud (and that includes NOT being a douche like Phillies fans).

Talking to my boy Matt tonight (aka Who Del aka whatever his screen name is now (I'll look it up and edit). Stopped smoking for 3 weeks now. Cold turkey too. Congrats to him. Got me thinking though...

I really need to quit dipping. Been doing it ever since I joined the Army (after I enlisted but before I even shipped to basic). So well over a decade now. Other than it ****ing with my teeth, I really don't notice any health issues (why I think it's better than smoking, on multiple levels. Yeah I'm going to lose my teeth/jaw but good chance you do too. At least I can breathe--reason I switched to dipping from smoking, Army and running--and I don't smell like a walking ashtray). And I have a vast roster of smokers, going back a very long time, on both sides of them family and not a single case of cancer. Heart problems, alzheimers and alcoholism/addiction issues? Yes. But no cancer. Not one. I'm normally good for family firsts though so I know it's coming for my ass. So I want to quit. I know I should quit. I know I need to quit. But honestly, I don't REALLY want to quit. I don't feel like quitting is probably a better way to put it. And maybe I'm missing it, but there doesn't seem to be a lot out there to help quit dipping. No e-dip or "How to Quit Dipping" books. I'm already on the verge of murder (<--exaggeration ftr) living in a place I don't want to be. I can't go cold turkey. But on the flipside I know pretty much wherever I'm at in life (physically, mentally, emotionally, whatever) I can always find an excuse. Ugh. I do wonder if an e-cigarette might help. Anyone got any recommendations? I've been told that money counts with e-cigs. If you get one, spend the money and get a nice one. The cheap ones are ****. True?

I quit smoking 9 months ago after smoking a pack a day for about 10 years and the a half a pack a day for about 3 after that. I never once dipped so I can't speak to that.

Two things I can say is that e cigs were never as good as smoking and you'll never quit until you really want to.

Once you decide to quit, the best advice I can give is that cravings are temporary. Give it 5 minutes and it passes.

The thing is part of it is me being paranoid 

Maybe nothing is wrong, maybe something is wrong. I don't know. I'm going to try to see what happens over the next couple of days. 

I'm sorry for being vague but I really don't wish to get into personal details. If Mr. S wasn't taking a vacation he'd be a proper authority to discuss this issue with. We have messaged over these crises that I have gone through and he has given good advice

The best move at this point is to just get my mind off stuff like this but it's hard. 

Who the heck is doing that Jerrys sub commercial on WJFK? The guy sounds like he's spitting on the mic over and over again. It sounds like Chad Dukes but I'm not sure if it's him or not. Just turn on the station and you'll hear it because it runs every break.

Chicks (dates) are what pouches and Snus was invented for.

But anyway, like with Zoony telling me I'll love Denver once I meet the right girl (in my DMV/Denver thread), I've been married twice now. And divorced, twice. I know I'm just talking in the moment, but I can't even picture the girl who could get me in a serious relationship again. Been telling people for a long time now that I'm going to die alone and I'm going to die happy.

So yeah, random dates/hookups I can play it off. A series relationship that motivates me to quit, I can't even imagine that.

I do need to replace it with something. Got to be related though. Like an e-cigarette, or hell, an example, I've seen people quit smoking and go to lollipops. Unfortunately nicotine gum does nothing for me. Tried that before and it just ends up with me "chewing" like 5 pieces at a time. The only thing I get out of the patch is some insane and intense dreams (got a great story on that, but not sharing it here). I'm really considering trying an e-cigarette but I have no idea how effective they are when it comes to dipping and I don't want to (read: can't) spend the type of money the quality ones cost just to TRY something.

I've always heard to set a date when you want to quit, like 2 weeks out.  Then start tapering the quantity down over that period along with using dip that has less nicotine than your normal brand, so you are tapering down the amount of nicotine as well.  Start with a lower nicotine dip, then start reducing the number of times/amounts you chew.

Have sugarless gum, hard candies, sunflower seeds, etc. with you as a replacement/filler while your tapering down.  Start replacing some chew times with those other substitutes.  Try to hold back the urge as long as you can before you put in the dip, time it and try to go longer each time.

The thing is part of it is me being paranoid 

Maybe nothing is wrong, maybe something is wrong. I don't know. I'm going to try to see what happens over the next couple of days. 

I'm sorry for being vague but I really don't wish to get into personal details. If Mr. S wasn't taking a vacation he'd be a proper authority to discuss this issue with. We have messaged over these crises that I have gone through and he has given good advice

The best move at this point is to just get my mind off stuff like this but it's hard. 

Hang in there man.  I hope **** gets better for ya. 

Archived