Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Argh I'm a hoarder haha.

We had the same issues with VHS tapes, only the dirty ones went away, cuz of the internet machine, but we kept a lot of movies, which is sentimental but stupid (for us, at least)...what hurt more was the LPs. Looking back on it, they took up less space & were even more sentimental. :mellow:

Trying to lure my wife to go see Lone Survivor with me this weekend by telling her it's a rom com by Nicholas Sparks with Mark Wahlberg.

Good luck.  I managed to talk the wife into waiting on "Her" until next week to see Lone Survivor.  3 minutes in, these rock hard, ripped seal dudes go shirtless, and the wife was pleased.  I had a sad.  :(

She then rubbed my belly and told me she loved me.  :)

Trying to make the difficult decision of whether or not to throw out all my VHS tapes or not. I also have an ancient RCA television with a tape player inside of it. Seems like a waste to throw away. But will I ever watch them? Argh I'm a hoarder haha.

Give it a year. Set a reminder and whatever you haven't touched in a year throw it out. Realistically, you'll probably never watch it again and if you do, you can just get it online  and watch it instantly. The money is gone anyway, you won't recover any of it by hoarding the DVDs. 

On Mondays I eat lunch at my desk and watch Downton.I get a sub and eat at my desk. Well they got my order wrong in an odd way (I ordered a footlong but they gave me two six-inch subs, one done as I asked while the other half had the requested fillings but came untoasted on different bread). So I was having my own white people problem while watching white people's problems (and I'm not even white).It was very meta.

Good luck.  I managed to talk the wife into waiting on "Her" until next week to see Lone Survivor.  3 minutes in, these rock hard, ripped seal dudes go shirtless, and the wife was pleased.  I had a sad.   :(

She then rubbed my belly and told me she loved me.   :)

I like your wife's style. :) Good woman you got there, but her being Southern scores her extra points.   Hail to Mrs. Chew!

Good luck.  I managed to talk the wife into waiting on "Her" until next week to see Lone Survivor.  3 minutes in, these rock hard, ripped seal dudes go shirtless, and the wife was pleased.  I had a sad.   :(

She then rubbed my belly and told me she loved me.   :)

Dude that's what happened with 300. She made fun of me and my friends as "comic book nerds" for wanting to see it. Then she was like all about it. Go figure. 

**** Seattle.

I'd love nothing more than to see Denver get in that ass, and make Seattle fans fold up those sexual frustration flags, and cry themselves to sleep.

This is what I immediately think of whenever I see their midget QB:

40949-Tempting-Blueberry-Muffin-Holding-

I can understand you not liking Seattle, but damn, what did Russell ever do? That guy is nothing but class.

The older I get the lazier I get. I should be sent to the army or something.

Meh... Happens to all of us. Biggest thing I had to adjust to becoming a man is that people are no longer going to hold your hand, and get in your face, and tell you what you need to do.

It is up to you to kick your own ass, and be your own judge, jury, and executioner. Every now and then you'll slip (we all do). As long as you can still tap into that inner pit bull, check yourself, and get back on track, it's all good.  :)

Whether it's my job, my health, exercise, etc, I approach it all with the same mindset... I am in control.

Mind over body/body over mind.

I can understand you not liking Seattle, but damn, what did Russell ever do? That guy is nothing but class.

He shot my mother.

All jokes aside, he is a good guy, and a great competitor. Loved him going back to his days at NC State. But he plays for the wrong team.

It is up to you to kick your own ass, and be your own judge, jury, and executioner. Every now and then you'll slip (we all do). As long as you can still tap into that inner pit bull, check yourself, and get back on track, it's all good.  :)

Can this post run on a loop every 15 minutes or so? Maybe I'll get something done... :lol:

But then again, hanging out with a bunch of anonymous sports junkies is so much more fun... :P

add: Mind Over Matter (Ice-T)!

Good for you. I wish I could move on but I'm still tethered to 2013 and scarred. I was hoping for a fresh start in 2014 but things so far are pretty much the same. 

That's where I am, too, ix. I'm trying to play the long game as far as my job (and other things) are concerned, but it's still looking like 2014 is going to be a continuance of 2013.

Here's hoping 2014 kicks ass for both of us.

Thought you'd be cheering Murray on...

It's a win/win. Andy wins, and as disappointed as I'd be for Roger, I still have someone to cheer.

But Federer's been my favourite player since I and Wimbledon fell in love with him when he dumped out Sampras back at the start of the 2000's as a virtual unknown when Pistol Pete was on a run of 4/5 straight All England titles.

The fact that he now has another favourite of mine coaching him in Stefan Edberg just adds, lol.

Fed first. Then Murray. It's how I roll. -:)

Hail.

The fact that he now has another favourite of mine coaching him in Stefan Edberg just adds, lol.

Fed first. Then Murray. It's how I roll. - :)

Hail.

Ahh, the ol' Pete thing... :P

I'd forgotten about Edberg, I loved watching him play Chang back in the day, the two most gorgeous sets of legs on planet Earth. ^_^

The biggest threat endangering the NFL is the incompetence of the referees.

If the cream of the cream (that allegedly being the playoff referees) cannot understand the nuances between running into the kicker or roughing the kicker or cannot determine that a guy has sole possession and is down by contact after recovering a fumble..something that was easy to see in real time...then I hope replay/challenges are going to be opened up for all plays.

Bad calls and blind referees have more impact on games that things like Seattle's PED fueled "half time adjustments".

Archived