Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Going through all my stuff as I move into my new house.  So many thoughts, excuse the stream of consciousness post.  I sure saved a lot of stuff that makes you go, "hmm why did I save this?"  You guys know...sometimes you save something not knowing if it will be important or not.  Usually it ends up not being important.  Good lord my mom sent me millions of newspaper articles.  From education, to foster care...many various social issues.  But mostly sports.  I'm currently looking at a December 25, 2005 Washington Post sports section when the Redskins beat the Giants 35-20.  Patrick Ramsey led the team to its fourth straight victory.  Clinton Portis ran past Gibril Wilson for a TD.  So many memories its hard to fathom.  Jason La Canfora writing articles.  Wilbon and Boswell.  Gosh my mom sure did a lot for me.  I loved sports so much that I requested basically every sports page after a big win.  

Today begins a new era for me.  The past year I have a new job, new friends, new soccer team in higher division, grown closer with best friends,etc.  Now I focus on myself.  Those things I got because I took chances and went after what I want.  Today starts that again.  This is my new year resolution.  I'm going after what I want.  If I fail I know I have friends who will pick me up but I've learned that when you don't go after what you want it walks by and you wonder what might have been whether thats a job, friends, person of interest, etc.

The Broncos MUST CRUSH!!! in 13 days. MUST! CRUSH!!!

this. i absolutely cant deal anymore. between sherman, tate, and their fans....ugh. i love marshawn lynch tho lol.

i browsed the seahawks.net forum, and MY GOD theyre awful. they dont deserve a ship.

this. i absolutely cant deal anymore. between sherman, tate, and their fans....ugh. i love marshawn lynch tho lol.

i browsed the seahawks.net forum, and MY GOD theyre awful. they dont deserve a ship.

Honestly, I don't have much beef with Sherman or Tate. I like that fire. Would love to have both on the Redskins. Wilson is okay with me too.

Earl Thomas gets no love from me because I think he is fake. You didn't hear much from him until Sherman got there, now he can't shut up. Pete Carroll, I don't like that bamma either. But their fans are the worst. I will never forget the things they were saying about Sean Taylor after he died. Classless. And yeah, I know you can't judge a whole fanbase by a couple of people, but it was just too many Seahawk fans saying horrible stuff that year about a man who died protecting his daughter and girl. Because of that, the Seahawks organization gets no love from me. They can take that 12th man flag and shove it to be honest with you...

i hear you friend.

you know how skme fans of opposing teams sometimes brave the Stadium, waiving their "i come in peace" flag, and attempt to have a decent conversation with football fans? for the most part, we ES'ers can be civil.

but reading some of those kind of posts last night from 49er fans and Broncos fans, seattle fans are incapable of being civil. theyre barbarians. as you said, you cant judge an entire fanbase offof just a few internet assholes. but if seahawks.net is a decent samoe size, id say 76% of seattle fans are ****ing morons.

i actually livedin Seattle for two years from 2009-2011 before moving here to Denver. beautiful city, lots to do, but the people there were ****. ive never seen so many fake ass tough guys in my life. the funniest thingabout seattle is that they dont reallt have an identity. NYC, DC, PHILLY, CHICAGO, LA...etc. they have an identity. "cool hipster/tough guys" in Seattle dont really know who they are.

and theyre some of the most warm weather, bandwagon ass fans ever. when i lived there in 2009 when seattle sucked, id walk around the heart of downtown Seattle, and saw hardly anybody repping. no jerseys, no cars with flags, nothing. but now that theyre good, my friend still in seattle said last week the whole city is hopping on the bandwagon.

Good for you. I wish I could move on but I'm still tethered to 2013 and scarred. I was hoping for a fresh start in 2014 but things so far are pretty much the same. 

I just don't want to be in situation one day where I look in the mirror and wonder about what I may have missed out on.  Putting jobs, people, etc on this pedistals and stuff thus making it seem like I can't have something.  I feel like I've done that alot over the years.  Today I asked myself why do I do that?  I had no answer.  At least I know if I failed that I put it all on the table.  No chips were left sitting around.  I went all in.  I can look in the mirror and say I failed but I didn't let that fear stop me from playing the game.

Archived