Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Congrats, brother!

Thank you. I'm a little bummed, I thought I'd have more written by now to publish my own book, but I don't.

2012- Quit smoking, built a great new life for myself on a tropical island, became a published poet. Awesome.

---------- Post added January-10th-2013 at 10:31 AM ----------

602738_381517765276963_696023704_n.jpg

So, that's that.

-No job with NASA

-Probably no job with Voice of Russia

-No job in Jefferson City

-No job in Fredrick or Alexandria

All of my job prospects have fallen through. It's looking like I'll be a tutor at my old high school.

Keep your head up and keep applying for ****!!!!!!! It takes most people at least a couple months to get a real job out of college.

Sucks man keep your head up. I'm sure you will find something you like.

We'll see. I don't know. I kind of hoped I wouldn't have to stay here in North Carolina much longer after graduating from university, especially since I seemed to have some good prospects back in Washington. They all fell through, though. It just wasn't meant to be.

Yeah, it would have been. I had an interview with them today. I thought it was professional in nature, but soon after it started, he told me it was only informational. There was no job.

I can get you a job. About $1000 a week, 5 nights of work. Slower in the summer with 2 months off. About 6 hours a night. Weather is nice. :)

Keep your head up and keep applying for ****!!!!!!! It takes most people at least a couple months to get a real job out of college.

Agreed man. My wife has pretty strong credentials and it took her over a year to find a job.

http://onion.com/WXElUA

KANSAS CITY, MO—Applebee’s announced Friday that all 2,000 of its locations will soon offer a menu of every-other-weekend specials created especially for divorced fathers and their children. “These delicious meal options are perfect when you’re coming back with your kid from a movie or minor-league baseball game, or just feel like the two of you need to get out of your apartment for a little while,” Applebee’s president Mike Archer said of the new specials, which follow last year’s successful introduction of the restaurant’s Broken-Home-Style Burger deals for parents who have recently told their children they’re getting divorced. “Whether you’d like a quesadilla appetizer that sets just the right mood for asking questions about the past two weeks of school, or want to discuss your ex-wife’s current boyfriend over our famous Brownie Bite dessert, we’ve got something for every father and the child he sees twice a month.” Archer added that for a limited time, the specials will also include a coupon redeemable for a well drink after the father has dropped the kid off Sunday night and returned to sit at the bar alone.

Always nice to be up at 2:30 AM because my dogs won't shut the hell up. They're not getting treats for a week after this stunt.

So, that's that.

-No job with NASA

-Probably no job with Voice of Russia

-No job in Jefferson City

-No job in Fredrick or Alexandria

All of my job prospects have fallen through. It's looking like I'll be a tutor at my old high school.

Hang in there and continue applying. You're going through what most of us have gone through after graduating. Don't get too down on yourself. Also, make sure you keep your mind open to opportunities you wouldn't normally pursue.

Archived