Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Too bad we're intelligible for the tourney :(

Towson needs to be better with changing grades

ETA: I really despise the way the NCAA operates. Students and coaches are ultimately punished because of something they had nothing to do with. I can understand if it's a systemic problem, one the university hid or failed to address for a long time. But it just doesn't seem fair to those guys who commited to a school to be punished.

Think of taking my female friend on a weekend getaway in the next couple of months. I want to take her to an island, but I am undecided. I'm thinking Cancun or Barbados. Which one?

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 05:02 PM ----------

I need ideas for a vacation for the middle of March. My girlfriend and I were planning San Francisco but are considering going somewhere where we can get away from people and just have a nice quiet small place preferably with a beach. Only problem is that I'm guessing most places with beaches around mid March get filled up with college kids on spring break.

I'm in the same dilemma. I'm thinking of Cabo or Barbados.

Think of taking my female friend on a weekend getaway in the next couple of months. I want to take her to an island, but I am undecided. I'm thinking Cancun or Barbados. Which one?

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 05:02 PM ----------

I'm in the same dilemma. I'm thinking of Cabo or Barbados.

Did you see my links?

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 06:08 PM ----------

My friend just spent a month in Cancun, he liked it. Said it's beautiful and safe if you stay on the resort. I talk island with so many people. Antigua, Martinique, Dominique, St Kites are probably the nicest and favorites. St Thomas and St Mateen if you like big city shiny and shopping. St Johns is amazing and great for eco vacations. St John and St Croix are not flashy. Being US islands helps a lot. No passport, dollar, english (sort of).

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/01/17/brutally-honest-cover-letter-lands-auburn-man-wall-street-internship/

A local man landed a job on Wall Street, all thanks to his creative cover letter that has since gone viral. Some are even calling it the best cove letter ever.

A cover letter, captured by the nation, is considered to be one of the best by a firm on Wall Street. It all came from a former Placer High School student, and it looks like the key to his viral letter was his honesty.

“He broke through the clutter,” said Duff & Phelps spokesperson Alex Wolfe. “We get a lot of interest in a limited number of positions.”

The cover letter written by San Diego State finance student Matthew Ross to investment banking firm Duff & Phelps, and it had just the right mix of confidence and candidness.

Ross wrote, “I won’t waste your time inflating my credentials, throwing around exaggerated job titles or feeding you a line of crap about how my past experiences and skill set align perfectly for an investment banking internship.”

Alright. I finally gave in and out of boredom on a Friday night, browsing around channels, I decided to give MTV's "Buckwild" a chance.

Shae is hot sometimes but other times the camera angles make her look average. None of the other girls in the show are bearable.

I will admit I was fascinated by the scenery in West Virginia. It's beautiful. Of course, they barely focused on that and were more focused on going up to Morgantown so some girl could talk about some crap with another girl. Eventually I got bored after 7 minutes and changed the channel.

Whatever happened to Nancy Grace? you don't hear her name too much anymore.
Huh? She's still around. Hell, I just watched "Nancy Grace Mysteries" earlier today. The one dealing with the Jodie Arias trial. Speaking of which: if that Arias chic doesn't get at least life in prison, then I've lost all hope for the justice system.

Also, I think a reason you might not see Nancy around as much as in the past, is because she had a child a few years back. She probably just cut back her schedule.

Just walked by Chris Mullin. I instinctively said, "Chris Mullin," out loud and he kept walking. True story.

Coach K said that was his one regret, not being able to recruit him.

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about the Tarheels..:movefast:

They won't make it either, hopefully...GO DUKE!!

someday, some guys who create dupe accts in order to get around a previous mod action will realize what a red flag it is to start posting right away in the tailgate

And unfortunately... While accounts that add to the quantity of posts around here are banned... I'm still here... Bringing quality down as much as possible...

Archived