Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So where in USVI are you? My wife & I are headed to St. Thomas at Easter break. Do you work at a bar?

That island is like being in the states. I'm on St Croix. The big island with nobody on it.

and I'm not sure when Easter is, but if it's around the 26th this month, take the fast ferry to Tortola and go to the Bomba Shack and eat mushrooms and dance on the beach in the moonlight. It's ****ing magical. I'm trying to charter a boat to sail over with some friends.

Went to dinner with a lovely lady who seemed very interested and she was treating (pharmaceutical rep on an expense acct) for the whole night. She travels a lot and I thought it could be a perfect deal for both of us. Things went great all night, then after a couple drinks at this small jazz club, I whispered in her ear "so, how you'd like to take this freak to bone-town" and I flicked her nipple, hard. All of a sudden she shows her true colors. Uptight corporate beyotch, I guess.

does anyone get as angry as I do about bandwagon fans??? I don't know why it angers me so much...I think it's because I have been a fan for over 20 years and then some casual fan starts calling them "their" team just because we have RG3 and we win some games. NO! I have been a fan through ****TY seasons, and for those who have NOT.... just me being selfish I guess. They are MY REDSKINS!!!

Can't tell you how many people I've come across this year that wore Redskins hats when they never wore any gear previously. So I ask them "Hey, what's the deal," and they say they only like the Redskins when they're winning. Then you have the people who jumped ship to Ravenland, and came back to rep the Skins this season as their "NFC team."

On the individual level, most of the people I've come across were really smart, and knowledgeable about many things, but were lacking in the fan loyalty department, so I didn't really get on them too hard. On the whole though, I think it's a little ridiculous, especially if they throw around "We" and "Us." Bandwagon fans don't hurt as much as the fairweather ones that came out of the woodwork. With as many diehard Skins fans as there are in this area, there are a ton of fairweather Skins fans.

yeah, they all suck. Sometimes I didn't mind the horrible seasons, because I knew the people who wore Skins stuff were actual fans and there was more of a bond. Now, when I meet "skins fans" I get skeptical first thing.

I know I get angry at stupid stuff.

---------- Post added January-12th-2013 at 09:23 PM ----------

what's angering me right now is some of my facebook friends "now that the redskins are out, i can root for the ravens bc they're local!" UGHHHH

THey're in the area

I don't mind them

Was browsing through channels in the room that has cable here and caught some of the Ravens postgame. Good stuff.

Really need cable set up in my room so I don't have to go to other rooms to watch cable :(

I really don't mind them, but I will certainly not pull for them because they are "local". Reminds me of the girl who told me I should root for the Giants in the superbowl last year because they are in our division. EFFFFF that. Would Nats fans root for the Orioles if they made the playoffs and the Nats didn't? I highly doubt it.

I just don't think there's enough animosity or hate towards Baltimore to warrant such an attitude at this point

The Beltway series is barely a rivalry

Redskins and Ravens barely play...and it's not even on the level of Jets - Giants or Niners - Raiders (where someone got stabbed) or other such local rivalries. I see it more of like a sibling rivalry

It is a little tough watching what the Niners are doing tonight. Sort of a "What could've been." The Niners clearly have the better defense, better offensive line, better receivers, and better running backs.

It just sucks the way seasons, and potentially careers, can be altered just off of two or three split second decisions. Oh well...

Archived