Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/12-12-12-add-biggest-audience-article-1.1217788

To Alicia Keys, the benefit concert for Hurricane Sandy victims is personal.

“I was born and raised in New York and I was here during everything that happened,” Keys says. “To witness my city, and the tristate area, going through something where nobody could control it — you couldn’t believe it was going on to this degree.”

Keys is just one of the big-name musicians slated for Wednesday’s “12-12-12” concert at Madison Square Garden. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band are set to open the night. The lineup also includes Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, The Who, Eric Clapton, Kanye West, Roger Waters, Jon Bon Jovi and Billy Joel.

The organizers behind the mega-star show say their concert has the capacity to reach more viewers than any live event in history. The total estimated viewership of the program, which begins Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., could reach 2 billion, say producers.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/12-12-12-add-biggest-audience-article-1.1217788#ixzz2Eo9Q4zjp

Best concert ever?

I'm drunk. I drink far too much. Crucians drink a lot. I parked my car in a random spot tonight when I was done driving and got yelled at when the woke, woke up kinda, did drugs and a shot drove home, and need to sleep before a tasting at work in 3 hours and I'll be the sober one. zjesus, life was crazy before, but it's in high speed now.

Sounds like not such a good place for you to be in KB.

Party lifestyle is indeed a party...at the end of the day you have empty pockets, a hole in your heart, and nothing to show for it.

Don't get me wrong, I go to Vegas every year and a few other vacations...and party like a rockstar. I can't imagine that as a daily life life I used to do in my twenties. But today...hell no, not worth it.

Yeah, the party life is rough I tell ya. Last night was wild. First I returned a book to the library (Jefferson bio by Christopher Hitchens), then I rented a movie (The Watch) and watched it with my gf's dog. Didn't hit the sack until 9:45. Memory is a little hazy, but I must have drank at least 2 glasses of Crystal Light pink lemonade. I'll probably take it a little easier this weekend.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/12/paul-mccartney-nirvana-dave-grohl-krist-novoselic_n_2284347.html

If a curious report from the Sun is to be believed, Sir Paul McCartney will front a Nirvana reunion with Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic at Wednesday's massive 12-12-12 benefit concert.

The event is set to take place at Madison Square Garden and will benefit Hurricane Sandy victims (a live stream of the concert will be available on HuffPost Entertainment). McCartney would reportedly take the place of the late Kurt Cobain.

“I didn’t really know who they were," the Beatle said of being in the studio with Grohl and Novoselic. "They are saying how good it is to be back together. I said ‘Whoa? You guys haven’t played together for all that time? And somebody whispered to me ‘That’s Nirvana. You’re Kurt.’ I couldn’t believe it.”

Does anyone else find it weird when people (mainly early 20's people) refer to others in their age group as kids

I've seen it a few times in the stadium since we drafted RGIII. The odd part is it's people in my age group, like 23-25. I could understand 30 and ups doing that, or even people in their very late 20's, but early/mid 20's? Really? You're just 2-3 years older than the dude.

So, I had a dream last night that I was hired by Dan Snyder to create a Naughty and Nice (true fan) list for Redskins fans. I had an old school list, and was able to add to it and cross out names. I specifically remember in my dream adding Pez, Huly, and Redskins Rukus to the nice list.

Serves me right for reading ES right before bed :)

So, I had a dream last night that I was hired by Dan Snyder to create a Naughty and Nice (true fan) list for Redskins fans. I had an old school list, and was able to add to it and cross out names. I specifically remember in my dream adding Pez, Huly, and Redskins Rukus to the nice list.

Serves me right for reading ES right before bed :)

That's nothing... I had a dream that KB13 was my college professor and that my parents dropped me off with some heroin addicts.

Archived