Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Amazingly I just finished playing a good round of Arkham City. It's a good game, but it's a bit hard. Are you playing on normal?

Yeah. This **** is crazy :ols:

First off, I thought I was getting Arkham Asylum (GOTY edition, which is what I paid for) but the dude at Gamestop was so preoccupied with trying to get me to buy Arkham City (GOTY Edition) as well that he mistakenly put it in the Arkham Asylum case and sold it to me. I normally don't jump right into certain game franchises, as it takes awhile adjusting to the gameplay.

I'm starting to get the hang of it (mapping out multiple target stealth attacks, stringing off combos, using the gadgets, etc), but these Riddler missions are killing me. I'm stuck in the subway, in the middle of two missions that somewhow end up in the same location (Finding Riddlers hostages, and looking for Ra's Al Guhl's daughter). In this one spot you have to respond to a riddle by selecting from 3 Riddler trophies mounted on a wall. He starts counting down from 3 to 1 no matter what I do, and I get gassed as the end result. There are no clues in the room, at all.

The funniest is the electric gun

Just jolting criminals before delivering a crushing blow

---------- Post added December-14th-2012 at 10:37 PM ----------

It's hilarious how I'm in the same part of the game that you are

Finished beating Penguin and that Zombie creature tonight and then tried to track that woman down but got killed by a mob. Eventually gave up for the night.

And I skip over most of the riddles. I did find more riddles today, but largely ignored them. I finally figured out what to do for that spinning question mark though. I don't know how to work the pads, so I just ignore them.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/batman-arkham-city/Walkthrough

That site is helpful, I am playing on PC so I just alt tab and read through that when I get lost. Instructions on what to do

The funniest is the electric gun

Just jolting criminals before delivering a crushing blow

I think the funniest method of attack (at least with large numbers of guys with guns) is using the remote controlled batarang and smacking one upside the head with it. The responses are awesome. Just like that WB cartoon where they all start freaking out, then they head in different directions, isolating themselves, and you can pick them off one by one, using the smoke pellets.

If you drop down and smash one, then immediately grapple up the buildings (or out of sight), they ****ing go ape****. :ols:. Then when there's like 2 left, one will chicken out and leave the other.

It's hilarious how I'm in the same part of the game that you are

Finished beating Penguin and that Zombie creature tonight and then tried to track that woman down but got killed by a mob. Eventually gave up for the night

Yeah the Mr. Freeze/Penguin/Solomon Grundy saga was pretty fun. I liked the interactive way that they set up the museum.

Lot more comedy in City than Asylum

In the beginning I kept trying to push the Harley Quinn statues to make her upset. "What, I'm busy." "If you push that again I'm gonna get mad"

Then I tried to talk to Bane again after he told me to destroy containers. "Shouldn't you be out looking for the containers?" :ols:

Out of everything that I've done so far (including only discussing certain aspects of the AI, some gadgets, and one mission, and another that I'm stuck on) I'm not even 20% through the game, completion wise. I haven't told you ****. :ols:

Edit, yeah, I think I'm going to put this down for a few weeks. Holy hell :doh:

They've been showing that a lot lately. It was on last weekend too. I'll never understand why networks will air heavily edited versions of profane/violent movies,. It's even worse when they do hilariously bad edits, like the Snakes On A Plane "Monkey fightin' snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!" The Lethal Weapon movies had awful edits as well. And alot of the Eddie Murphy movies they show are awful because of his weird voice.

It would seem that they could save themselves a lot of trouble by either completely removing the language (silent bleep), or simply not show the movie at all.

Dilemma:

I'm currently working for TSA in a part time capacity. I'm ****ing miserable. I get depressed just thinking about having to go in even if I'm on my "weekend". I'm on the verge of going in tomorrow and resigning. Not having a job at the moment isn't ideal (life is expensive and there is rent to pay), but I'll be getting student loans in a few weeks that would be equivalent to me working at TSA for 5 months. I can use this as a safety net until I find another job.

What should I do? I've never been so miserable working somewhere. I've done the retail thing, the working on holidays thing, cleaning up floors and stocking at Walgreens, etc., and I've never felt like this. Should I go ahead and make my full time job finding one? I have a safety net. Yes, it's more ideal to find another job while being employed, but I'm losing it.

Thanks for any opinions.

Archived