Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

When you're walking down the street and someone is approaching you that you need to go around, do you go left or right?? I was walking to lunch today and did the sideways shuffle for a few seconds with someone. It was really awkward. There should be some kind of rule about this. Or lines on the sidewalk.

I think driving rules should apply - stay to the right. If they give you trouble, honk and give 'em the finger. :)

dont know what happened to the thread, was gonna go post it in there, but uh, sometimes i just wonder how people's reaction will be say if i suddenly just died tmw or disappeared. which of my friends will care the most and how will they react is what im curious about. or like just people who i might have gone to school with for a couple years but werent too close to them....idk...but yeah that thought kinda came back to me...just curious is all.

Damn, I am going through resumes/cover letters for a temp job we're hiring for and I cannot believe some of the stuff I'm seeing.

• 4 page resume with no page numbers and the person's name is only on the first page
  • cover letter with 6 typos (letters left out of words AND words left out of sentences)
  • one person's "cover letter": Please find my resume for the Program Assistant position.
  • resume that carries only 1 line onto the second page
  • cover letter that is one page (all text no header taking up the space here) + a paragraph on page 2 (I'm not trying to read a novel!)
  • horizontal cover letter - I don't know if this is really "wrong" but it's definitely something I've never seen

This makes me wonder what people say/think when they see my applications, lol

There is some good stuff in there though. For example, if someone took the time to look up my manager's name online to address the letter, they automatically get extra points. Simple task, but goes a long way IMO. Oh, and one person submitted their info 25 minutes after the job was posted!! Talk about fast worker!!!

Damn, I am going through resumes/cover letters for a temp job we're hiring for and I cannot believe some of the stuff I'm seeing.

• 4 page resume with no page numbers and the person's name is only on the first page
  • cover letter with 6 typos (letters left out of words AND words left out of sentences)
  • one person's "cover letter": Please find my resume for the Program Assistant position.
  • resume that carries only 1 line onto the second page
  • cover letter that is one page (all text no header taking up the space here) + a paragraph on page 2 (I'm not trying to read a novel!)
  • horizontal cover letter - I don't know if this is really "wrong" but it's definitely something I've never seen

This makes me wonder what people say/think when they see my applications, lol

There is some good stuff in there though. For example, if someone took the time to look up my manager's name online to address the letter, they automatically get extra points. Simple task, but goes a long way IMO. Oh, and one person submitted their info 25 minutes after the job was posted!! Talk about fast worker!!!

so basically im not getting the job?

I would like an answer to this:

This is killing me. Im usually pretty good at understanding business practices. This just seems stupid.

I am looking to buy an iPhone. 3G 8 gig Black iPhone.

They retail for $199.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat160500050022&type=category

Why the hell are all the iPhones on Ebay selling for $700+? These arent unlocked or jailbroken or any of that, they are just regular ones.

Every auction ending in the next 24 hours, and there are like 100, all have the phones selling for $300 or more. Why would anyone do that?

Is this just scammers bidding on their own ****?

Archived