Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

And facebook isn't?

Facebook is for keeping up with friends as well. I mean social networking as whole is "listen to what I have to say" but a platform used so people can figure out what Ashton Kutcher had for lunch is easily more narcissistic. Facebook was less narcissistic before status updates.

I would say that anyone who argues that Twitter is "stalking" or anything similar, in reality, simply doesn't understand how Twitter really works and it's major real time benefits, and there's a good chance that that person also doesn't understand social networking on a larger scale.

Facebook is for keeping up with friends as well. I mean social networking as whole is "listen to what I have to say" but a platform used so people can figure out what Ashton Kutcher had for lunch is easily more narcissistic. Facebook was less narcissistic before status updates.

1- Most people who actually use a Twitter account, don't use it just so they can find out what Ashton Kutcher or Kim Kardashian are up to.

2- Facebook has had some form of status updates nearly since it's inception. It's pretty hard for anyone to make their own case that "Facebook was less narcissistic before status updates" (as if from experience), unless that person happened to be one of the original Facebook users back in 2004/early 2005.

I would say that anyone who argues that Twitter is "stalking" or anything similar, in reality, simply doesn't understand how Twitter really works and it's major real time benefits, and there's a good chance that that person also doesn't understand social networking on a larger scale.

1- Most people who actually use a Twitter account, don't use it just so they can find out what Ashton Kutcher or Kim Kardashian are up to.

2- Facebook has had some form of status updates nearly since it's inception. It's pretty hard for anyone to make their own case that "Facebook was less narcissistic before status updates" (as if from experience), unless that person happened to be one of the original Facebook users back in 2004/early 2005.

This guy knows what he's talking about.

People just want to throw in stereotypes but they don't use Twitter enough to understand.

You a wise man

Anyway it's WAY too early and I don't know what the **** I'm doing up, but I can't go back to sleep.

---------- Post added May-31st-2011 at 03:49 AM ----------

Holy **** the sun burnt my ass up at the Nats game today. Only my knees and top of my forearms (looks ridiculous as I'm still the same pale Irish skin on the bottom of my forearms.) I envy darker skin folk. This sucks.

Lol I'm still tan from my trip to Brazil and Miami

Listen

I am a big sports fan and media obsessed and consider myself an amateur journalist for my own network I made up

I know that

But this is hilarious

Added David Hill, chairman of the Fox Sports Media Group: "Perhaps the most interesting thing of all is that for the most part, I think ESPN rates something like a 0.7. So that means that 99.3 percent of Americans -- somewhere around 299 million people -- don't give a rat's ass about ESPN. Yet somehow, ESPN has convinced cable operators that the people will rise up with torches and pitchforks and storm the castle if they ever take it off the air...God bless them."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/richard_deitsch/05/23/espn.review/index.html#ixzz1NvtpCg3u

BOOM ROASTED.

Rofl.

I have said time and time again ESPN and ESPN Radio in particular is a no-good bunch of nonsense. I highly disregard what many of those clowns like Mark May say.

In one riveting section, Kornheiser accuses colleague Mike Tirico of sabotaging his on-air performance by not engaging him while both were in the booth for Monday Night Football. Kornheiser was ultimately replaced by Jon Gruden in 2009.

"Look, I know that Mike Tirico is smart and funny and as quick if not quicker than I am," Kornheiser said in the book. "I admire and respect him, but it killed me that he had none of that for me. After many conversations, I came to believe that he had little respect for sportswriters and remembers all the sportswriters who wrote bad s--- about him. He loves it when sportswriters get something wrong. And I felt he put me in that group, because I'm part of them. It wasn't that I was right and he was wrong. We just couldn't agree.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/richard_deitsch/05/23/espn.review/index.html#ixzz1Nvu8WxQa

Also, that book confirms everything we already knew. ESPN is inoffensive on MNF. Jaws and Gruden love everyone and enthuse about every play. That crew is so bad.

Would highly recommend you all read that book. It's partly critical of ESPN, but also has interesting commentary from Knight and Berman. Speaking of which, I can't stand Chris Berman.

Kornheiser never said anything useful on the broadcast (and yes, I had cable back then because I was at college)

Don't remember Miller

Berman is extremely annoying. FROZZZZZZZZZZZEN TUNDRAAAAAAAAA

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

haha. That's good stuff. RP coming through with the punchline.

I read about it including your drunk post, seems like you had a good time, but happy to be home.

yep, had a great time. I couldn't believe the amount of food that was served to us over the weekend. There were so many courses for the rehearsal dinner Friday night that I'm still full. Seriously, it took a few hours to get to the main course, and it wasn't because the waiters/waitresses were slow.

Archived