Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So the bathroom at work...seems like whenever I go there, the current day's sports section is lying on the floor in one of the stalls. Every morning. Obviously, reading it on the throne and leaving it is part of someone's morning routine.

What do you do? Do you pick it up and read it? Leave it there? Attempt to turn pages with your shoe?

So the bathroom at work...seems like whenever I go there, the current day's sports section is lying on the floor in one of the stalls. Every morning. Obviously, reading it on the throne and leaving it is part of someone's morning routine.

What do you do? Do you pick it up and read it? Leave it there? Attempt to turn pages with your shoe?

Just to be a dick, I think I do some research in the morning to see who it is...and then put on a glove, walk out of the bathroom with it and leave it on his desk. "I think you dropped this, guy".

Alright, that's a bit of an overreaction, but I hate people who think they're doing a courtesy by leaving their dump-material in a public bathroom. What the hell? Throw that **** out if you're done with it, dude.

It's too damn hot

Feel good story tweeted by Andy Katz of ESPN

"What we want to do is continue to bring awareness to their struggle," said new Missouri coach Frank Haith. "As soon as things like this happen, people are motivated and aware. But then they forget about it. We want to make sure this stays in people's mind."

Haith was part of a University of Missouri contingent that made the three-hour drive to Joplin last Thursday. St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bryan Burwell documented the day.

"You can't imagine until you see the destruction," Haith said. "It was unbelievable. There was sheet metal wrapped around trees. The cars were tossed around like toy cars. Buildings were flattened. But the people there were so resilient. We saw it when we were in the shelters. We tried to put smiles on their faces."

Joplin is roughly three hours from Columbia. It's much closer to the University of Arkansas. But Missouri is the state school and there is a real push to ensure there is a strong presence by the university in the reconstruction.

Giving Mizzou a third exhibition game, likely before the first two, shouldn't even be an issue for the NCAA. Not approving this would not only be a PR disaster, but also simply the wrong thing to do.

Got a replacement processor and heat sink / fan. Scared to plug it in. Dont' want it to break like the last one.

---------- Post added May-31st-2011 at 07:06 PM ----------

I want my VT boys (and girl) to corroborate this

but IIRC

VT has

never

had a recruiting violation ever

Clean as a whistle

I never seen NOTHING that violated NO NCAA rule when I was at Tech

Ever okay

Clean program in these times of SCANDAL and PAYMENT

---------- Post added May-31st-2011 at 07:27 PM ----------

Oh BLTO, MD is clean too

Gary Williams always a clean coach who refused to cheat

I want my VT boys (and girl) to corroborate this

but IIRC

VT has

never

had a recruiting violation ever

Clean as a whistle

I never seen NOTHING that violated NO NCAA rule when I was at Tech

Ever okay

Clean program in these times of SCANDAL and PAYMENT

I definitely wouldn't bet on VT running an entirely clean football program.

I like how tickets to tonight's Heat game were still available for anyone to buy today. Miami, what a sports town!

Oh BLTO, MD is clean too

Gary Williams always a clean coach who refused to cheat

GW is clean, but that doesnt mean his players were....Vazquez was well known to cheat on exams....he'd pull out his blackberry during his spanish tests and cheat. why in the hell does a person that speaks spanish fluently need to take a spanish class, and why would they need to cheat on exams? :ols:

I definitely wouldn't bet on VT running an entirely clean football program.

I like how tickets to tonight's Heat game were still available for anyone to buy today. Miami, what a sports town!

They pipe in noise at games. It's pathetic.

The Celtics do too. Even more pathetic.

Archived