Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I didn't find the bed intruder song too funny.

It was amusing the first couple times I heard it. Then it just got killed by being overplayed.

No meme or cultural fad is more played out at the moment than Charlie Sheen though. If I see one more person on Facebook say "winning!" I might just de-friend them for being idiots.

I do feel bad for this Rebecca Black chick though. She's even admitted that she's not that good of a singer (she's not the worst either) and she just did that song for fun and for the opportunity, and there are people out there who are really venomous about how terrible that song is. Who cares? It's meant for little kids anyway. No need to try and crush a 12 or 13 year old girl over it.

I did read somewhere recently that Simon Cowell likes her and the song. Apparently he finds it amusing that it could get so many people outraged.

The whole Charlie Sheen saga/lexicon got played out after about ten minutes. It's almost impossible for anything mildly amusing to not get Ike Turner'd to death these days, with 24/7 news cycles, talk radio, social media outlets, etc.

Then, when you get something great, whether it be a movie, song, sports, you name it, it gets apocalypticly oversaturated to the point of insanity, like barricade yourself in a room with a 12 gauge, with the walls closing in, 1408 type of insanity. Then again, maybe it's just me who feels that way.

The whole Charlie Sheen saga/lexicon got played out after about ten minutes. It's almost impossible for anything mildly amusing to not get Ike Turner'd to death these days, with 24/7 news cycles, talk radio, social media outlets, etc.

Then, when you get something great, whether it be a movie, song, sports, you name it, it gets apocalypticly oversaturated to the point of insanity, like barricade yourself in a room with a 12 gauge, with the walls closing in, 1408 type of insanity. Then again, maybe it's just me who feels that way.

Sheen himself killed off the pop culture fad being built around him.

After his initial radio interview that started the whole saga, he went and did a couple more TV interviews, and by that point he became aware of how everyone was turning his drug-inspired catch phrases into t-shirts/websites/sound bytes/etc., and he tried to cash in on it himself. That U-Stream broadcast he did was so pathetic and desperate, and I think it was right then that a lot of people realized how sad this guy actually has become.

anybody know of any good open gyms in the arlington county area? im looking for a place to ball this week to get back in shape while im on spring break

I'm not aware of a place in Arlington but if you go to Falls Church, there is a place right off of Columbia Pike called Mason District. You'll probably find a bunch of losers from my high school playing ball there in the evenings. It's a pretty popular spot and it's decent.

Ah Springtime in the Rockies. Get tired of the weather,wait 15 minutes,(it was warm and sunny a couple of days ago).

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SALT LAKE CITY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: IN THE MOUNTAINS ACCUMULATIONS OF 12 TO 18 INCHES WITH LOCALLY AMOUNTS BETWEEN 20 AND 30 INCHES ALONG WEST AND SOUTHWEST FACING SLOPES.

Ect...

:ols: I get a lot of Winter Pics in the Spring. :silly:

I'm not aware of a place in Arlington but if you go to Falls Church, there is a place right off of Columbia Pike called Mason District. You'll probably find a bunch of losers from my high school playing ball there in the evenings. It's a pretty popular spot and it's decent.

is it indoors? I usually play outdoors on the court off of fairfax drive in the park - but its kinda chilly and the courts fill up fast

Lol Tony Kornheiser picked Louisville and MSU to go to the FF in his bracket

Silly Tony

Anyway I was startled to learn Ledo Pizza has a new menu, I don't eat anything there but their pizza

Going to have to give it a go

go the the brand new main store in College Park.....its got a big bar.

the steak and cheese is delicious :drool:

Seconded.

---------- Post added March-21st-2011 at 12:23 PM ----------

Seconded.

I swear to god, it is the invasion of the high school runts at one of the cafeterias here. Every single damn table and chair in the place (and there are plenty) is occupied. Probably 75% high schoolers. And of course, a big group of girls choose to sit at my table. "Like OMG, are you going to rush a sorority next year? I am, I can't wait!"

Just shut up, eat your ****ing food, and leave the campus to the big kids. The lines are never as long as they were today. I just want my damn lunch, you underage road blocks! :mad:

I hope they don't wander into the Sigma Chi house...their college experience will start a little prematurely. :)

Archived