Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

From another forum not named HFBoards

I had to cancel my MLB.TV account at the end of last season because I couldn't afford it anymore, which sucks because it was the only way I could watch the games, but sometimes those are the sacrifices you have to make. I don't have cable either; anything I want to watch that airs on cable, I just will download the torrent of after it airs. Saves a ton of money every month.

Not everyone has cable...even noted pundit and intellectual Burgold doesn't have it. Remember my cable thread? There were a lot of people who said they didn't have it, or were considering cancelling it. And that thread was made last year.

Cable is not the widespread commodity everyone thinks it is. I've always wondered how ESPN and networks get such "high" ratings with a 10 Nielsen rating when the same event would get a 20 or 30 on broadcast networks.

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

Today feels like Christmas.

My face when CBS didn't switch to the Louisville game

Exact facial expression, I'm not kidding

Bobby-Cox-Ejected.jpg

I always think about the UNC player a few years back that always danced to that song in pregame warmups. Funny stuff. I think it was Danny Green?

That is correct

I miss Bobby Cox :(

I may not be getting cable anytime soon, but I may get MLB TV. So then I can watch Peachtree TV and EJ and Braves games :)

So I read the headline this morning about the Braves AA manager taking a line drive to the left eye and he ended up losing his eye. I know I'm going to hell, because the honest to god first thought that crossed my mind was, "keep your eye on the ball."

Yeah, I had heard about the incident, but that's the first I've heard of him losing an eye. Awful.:(

The guy is Luis Salazar, btw. He played in the league awhile back. I think he was last with the Padres.

Yeah, I had heard about the incident, but that's the first I've heard of him losing an eye. Awful.:(

The guy is Luis Salazar, btw. He played in the league awhile back. I think he was last with the Padres.

Yeah, I knew who it was, I just couldn't think of it and didn't feel like googling it. Sucks to lose an eye though, I can't imagine the pain that hit must have inflicted to do that much damage.

Archived