Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Spartacus, how much do FSU fans care about basketball?

I see FSU as being an SEC-esque school where its football...then everything else.

Yeah, FSU is basically an SEC school for all intents and purposes.

I mean, FSU fans can definitely get into basketball (I've actually heard that FSU is considered one of the worst places to play for visiting fans/teams within the ACC- apparently FSU fans can just get brutally vulgar and classless, which is weird, because it's not really like that for football, barring Miami games of course, so I don't know who's going to all the FSU home basketball games and creating this crappy reputation), but I think a lot of it just has to do with the location of FSU and more importantly, the tradition of FSU football versus FSU basketball.

FSU isn't going to overtake Duke or UNC as the power basketball programs in the ACC, but a lot of people are well aware of what FSU means to the ACC and nationally in football. So it just naturally trends that way.

Plus, a lot of people are just burned out on Leonard Hamilton coaching the program. The guy's an unbelievable recruiter, and FSU is usually stocked with great talent, but as good of a defensive coach as he is, he's even worse when it comes to recognizing how to get FSU's offense going. FSU might run the most disorganized, nonsensical offense in the ACC. And so usually people expect FSU to have a decent regular season, make a little noise in the ACC tournament, and if they make the NCAA tournament, take a very early exit because nobody has any idea how to move the ball around, play off the ball, or do anything really except count on playing awesome defense.

FSU loves its baseball though. Which is probably another SEC-like passion (although FSU baseball has its own Bobby Bowden-esque "legendary HOF coach who really needs to retire" thing going on right now too).

Yeah, FSU is basically an SEC school for all intents and purposes.

Sounds pretty similar to us.

Seth Greenberg's all about defense, and the offense is usually pretty difficult to watch. We have the #12 recruiting class in the country coming in next year and I think if they don't make some serious noise and quickly there's a chance that he'll be on his way out. The women's coach just got forced out and there's quite a few fans unhappy about missing the tourney 4 years in a row.

Can't say anyone really gives a **** about Tech baseball though, in fact when we had Angela Tincher (the pitcher who shut out Team USA) our softball team was more popular.

i dont eat much meat, i eat chicken but its usually the grilled one from chickafil or a nice restaurant. i eat eggs on the weekend
Nothing wrong with chicken and eggs

Stay away from red meats and processed foods and you should be fine

Meat is key. I don't think I have any major meal (lunch or dinner) that isn't some sort of meat, like fish, steak, burgers, chicken, etc. I'm a big chicken guy. Even without meat, adding in some whey protein, or any other sort of protein powder, can help.

The thing is, if you're adding more protein to your diet, you'll be building more muscle from those 15 mile bike rides and whatever else you're doing, which will in turn help you burn more calories constantly and help lean out your overall look. If your diet is just carbs 24/7, it's going to be an uphill climb to get rid of belly fat, even if you're working out and biking and everything.

I have a small amount of fat around the bottom of my stomach and on my sides from being lazy over the winter that I'm still trying to get rid of, but I have to eat a lot anyway since I'm a hard gainer and the only way I can keep muscle on is just by pouring in the (mostly good) calories. I weigh about 195 right now and if I switched over to a diet of granola bars, cereal, bananas, and rice, I'd probably drop down to a skinny looking 180 in no time.

dude for the past few weekend, i have been biking about 15 miles. the problem is i think that i went on a cruise where i gained 10 lbs in 1 week. i have never done that in my entire life. i was 135 before and came back 145. i think it ****ed my metabolism.

You most likely weren't hydrated enough. Unless you're obese, losing 10 pounds in one week isn't a good idea.

Also, if you are as flabby as you say you are, then you are most likely going to be gaining weight anyway, as in muscle. You don't need to stay away from red meat, just don't eat a lot of it, and you'll be fine. Like Spartacus said, incorporate plenty of protein into your meals, along with plenty of veggies, and stay away from excess carbs. Also stay away from a lot of juices, especially the ones with high fructose corn syrup. Drink a lot of water

Bike riding will tone your lower body, but it won't do much in the way of toning your chest/abs, that's what situps/crunches/pushups, etc are for.

---------- Post added March-18th-2011 at 09:15 PM ----------

If you do them the right way, you'll see results. You don't need P90X, or some stupid shakeweight to get cut/ripped.

Bubble, I hope you disregarded my PM from last night. 0-for-3 fail :ols:

I saw where you replied back, but it won't let me read what you wrote. So no, I didn't read what you said. I ended up going with A&M and they bit me, instead of going with my first instinct and taking Oakland to lose by less than 10. Second-guessing myself never works. Oh well.

I saw where you replied back, but it won't let me read what you wrote. So no, I didn't read what you said. I ended up going with A&M and they bit me, instead of going with my first instinct and taking Oakland to lose by less than 10. Second-guessing myself never works. Oh well.

good, because I made three suggestions:

1) take Arizona's winning margin to be greater than the number of threes Memphis makes...FAIL

2) UNC/Long Island UNDER 159 points...FAIL

3) take Xavier in a pick em against Marquette...FAIL

:ols:

good, because I made three suggestions:

1) take Arizona's winning margin to be greater than the number of threes Memphis makes...FAIL

2) UNC/Long Island UNDER 159 points...FAIL

3) take Xavier in a pick em against Marquette...FAIL

:ols:

The TRIFECTA!

FWIW, I did consider taking the UNC prop, but I was leaning towards the over, because of what I had read about the Blackbirds. I knew they had a high-powered offense. But I never thought they'd put up 87 on the Heels though! And I thought about taking Xavier, as I already had them in most of my brackets. So I would have went down on that one.

But like I said in the Madness thread, I'm kicking myself, because my original instinct was to take Oakland to lose by 10 or less. I guess that's why I've never managed to get more than an 8 streak at SFTC, because I second guess myself. But thanks for trying to help.lol The main reason I PMed you about those games was because they involved two Texas schools. Figured you might have some insight.

This is completely random, but I've always wondered about the mysterious "guests" that visit this board, more specifically the Tailgate. I can understand lurking in the Stadium since I had done that 2 years prior to joining this site, but it completely baffles me that right now, there are 10 members vewing the Tailgate, and73 guests.

Who are you people?

This is completely random, but I've always wondered about the mysterious "guests" that visit this board, more specifically the Tailgate. I can understand lurking in the Stadium since I had done that 2 years prior to joining this site, but it completely baffles me that right now, there are 10 members vewing the Tailgate, and73 guests.

Who are you people?

Too lazy to sign in.

Archived