Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

52 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

ABC store. How novel. Stupid backwoods bible belt. 

?

Edit. Of course we didn't have Absinthe or everclear here for a long time. But at least you can get your liquor at Target..or Safeway pretty much 24/7.

I have no problem with the ABC system in NC in regards to only being able to purchase liquor at that store and not everywhere like beverage stores, Target, etc.  My beef is the stupid laws that apply to when you can purchase beer, specifically after 12:00 pm on Sundays.  It's the dumbest law of all, not everyone goes to church or Sunday school and like selling it to someone at 8-9am matters.

I enjoy some good mixed drinks or sipping on some good bourbon from time to time, but I usually just stock up with 4-5 bottles and that goes a long way as I'm more of a beer drinker that will mix in a Jack and Coke or a shot of Jameson Black Barrel or a long island ice tea from time to time while drinking beer.

Y'all cant buy any alcohol in the grocery stores up there right?  At least from what I remember years ago, which I thought was extremely odd.

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Y'all cant buy any alcohol in the grocery stores up there right?  At least from what I remember years ago, which I thought was extremely odd.

I'm in California...so not sure who you're addressing that to. I do remember all the stupid blue laws from growing up in VA beach though in the 80s and 90s. ****..even malls we're closed on Sundays for a long ass time.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I love ever clear, i never heard of this abc store. 

Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC), often referred to by locals as Aunt Bessie's Cafe.  Basically they control the sales of liquor at the state level, with 17 states that are part of it.  They have ABC stores in the cities/towns/etc. that only sell liquor and they regulate/sale to local restaurants that have liquor by the drink (which is another issue - means restaurants can sell liquor, voted on usually at the county level iirc). 

Beer and wine sales are separate and sold basically anywhere else (e.g. grocery stores, convenience stores, etc. that have a license to sell).  For cities/towns/counties that voted down liquor by the drink, restaurants cannot sell alcohol (not even beer and wine iirc, but could be wrong).    

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm in California...so not sure who you're addressing that to. I do remember all the stupid blue laws from growing up in VA beach though in the 80s and 90s. ****..even malls we're closed on Sundays for a long ass time.

My bad, forgot you were in CA.  I remember being in MD and going to a Food Lion and they didn't sell any beer or wine, pissed me off.  That would have been 15 years ago.

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

This day is dragging......but only 2.5 hours left until a three day weekend.  Wife is going to hit up the ABC store soon and stock us up for New Years Eve.  

Damn. Knew there was something I forgot. Champagne. 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I have no problem with the ABC system in NC in regards to only being able to purchase liquor at that store and not everywhere like beverage stores, Target, etc.  My beef is the stupid laws that apply to when you can purchase beer, specifically after 12:00 pm on Sundays.  It's the dumbest law of all, not everyone goes to church or Sunday school and like selling it to someone at 8-9am matters.

That law changed this summer bro. 10AM. Good to go. 

:ols:  My first experience with Everclear was EXACTLY like LSF's  :ols:  right down to the trash can, Hawiian Punch, oranges, and Halloween.  Swear.  I was stationed on the ship in Charleston, and lived with the same gang of dudes I told you about before, a gang of motorcycles in the yard, parts to said machines all over the living room...what a party that was!  Half the ship musta been there. 

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Interesting.  You ever been to DC area or were you to young too drink or notice?  Everclear is bomb, though, have to agree.

Nah. Been in cali most my life. 

This school break has been wonderful. Work is easy, so I have plenty of time to workout. My leg gains have been nice, In just 2 weeks. Lookin like Maurice Jones drew. But not that short. 

If god got us then we going be alright. 

3 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

God, Everclear! I remember one Halloween party where we got a new large trash can, filled it with Hawaiian Punch, several pints of Everclear, ice, and cut up oranges.

23 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

:ols:  My first experience with Everclear was EXACTLY like LSF's  :ols:  right down to the trash can, Hawiian Punch, oranges, and Halloween.  Swear.  I was stationed on the ship in Charleston, and lived with the same gang of dudes I told you about before, a gang of motorcycles in the yard, parts to said machines all over the living room...what a party that was!  Half the ship musta been there. 

Is this a common thing ? Because I could never imagine myself drinking out of a garbage can - but maybe that's the germophobe in me...or ya'll are really brave.

I guess the idea is that the hard liquor neutralizes all the germs, eh

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is this a common thing ? Because I could never imagine myself drinking out of a garbage can - but maybe that's the germophobe in me...or ya'll are really brave.

I guess the idea is that the hard liquor neutralizes all the germs, eh

I've never seen that type of punch except in a brand new garbage can or absurdly sized punch bowl. 

Obviously we all lived to tell the story. 

Tried to make jello shots with everclear when I was a kid...good thing it was December. The gel won't hold. 

New, clean trash can!

This was in Norfolk. My next door neighbor was attending OUR and lived in a house divided into five apartments, I was dating the guy that lived in the attic apartment while my neighbor lived on the first floor. It was pretty wild, people crashed all over. At 5am, we started kicking people out. We found Navy hats, there was a football game that weekend and some of them wound up at the party. 

Edited to add: it was the weekend of the Oyster Bowl, Navy vs. Duke. 1972. 

The trash can was empty, so we were glad we had filled those canteens. We headed out to the Giant Open Air Market for breakfast, they were open all night. Steak and eggs!

Did I mention that the party was wild?!

6 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

God, Everclear! I remember one Halloween party where we got a new large trash can, filled it with Hawaiian Punch, several pints of Everclear, ice, and cut up oranges. We filled a couple of canteens with it for later, then party time. At about 5am we broke out the canteens, punch never tasted so good! Of course we were pretty buzzed on pot too.

This was before my daughter. Partying like that came to a screeching halt after that.

My fav everclear story goes like this:  i went to WVU where one could buy everclear at a gas station and obv is the top party school in the universe. Im from VA and many of my good friends went to VT. I came to visit Blacksburg one weekend and a friend/potential romantic liaison said she was gonna throw a party and I should bring some everclear for Jungle juice (you cant buy it in VA). 

So i bring a handle and see the amount of juice she made and was like, you should use HALF of this. She was, of course like, we Hokies can PARTY (which is a lie) and dumped it all in. 

Party was great from what I remember (not a lot). I show up the next morning to say bye and like 10 people had puked in her house, including on her bed. She gave me the puppydog eyes like “can you stay and help me clear this up PB??”

Nope. I told you half. Bye. :)

Also, genuine shine from a plastic jug > everclear. 

Damn, the January additions to Netflix might be the best ever

-The Godfather

-The Godfather Pt ll

-The Godfather Pt lll

-The Shawshank Redemption

-Caddyshack (I didn’t care for it but it’s popular and beloved) 

-Wedding Crashers

-The Truman Show 

-Training Day 

-Troy 

-10,000 BC

-Apollo 13

-Batman

-Batman Returns 

-Batman Forever 

-Batman and Robin

-Batman Begins  

The Italian Job