Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Didn't realize the Wii U was coming out in 11 days. Anyone here getting it? I'm reading up about it and tempted to get it. Getting kinda tired of 360 after 6+ years.

Yeah I am getting that joint. I missed out on the first Wii, I am not missing out on this.

I stopped reading about it because I was getting too hyped. :ols:

Anyone remember Marcus Monk? WR for Arkansas. IIRC there was talk by some on ES of drafting him. He is tall afterall. This was 2007 I believe. Ended up going in the 7th round to the Bears and was out of the league in a year or two.

Damn, forgot about this post.

So yeah me and the roommate (Gator Bait on here, if you didn't know) were watching an Arkansas game and they brought up some school record Marcus Monk has. Got to talking about how a bunch of Skins fans on here wanted to draft Monk. So I looked him up, see where he's at these days. Turns out he is now living in Germany and is the reigning MVP of the top German BASKETBALL league. I thought that was pretty funny/cool.

Some food for thought on Mike Vick compared to other star athletes that have been convicted of crimes.......Lance Armstrong has had all of his titles stripped, he has stepped down from the Live Strong Foundation that he started for Cancer, and he has lost nearly all of his endorsements including millions from Nike all be cause he blood doped "himself" to win some bike races. Pete Rose is banned from baseball, he will never go into the hall of fame, he is not allowed at the reunions with his teammates, he lost millions in endorsements and will be looked at as a crook for the rest of his life, his crime was betting on baseball...........Mike Vick purchased a piece of property and built a home and out building for the sole purpose of breeding, fighting, torturing, and killing innocent animals, not only dogs, they also used cats and rabbits to train the fight dogs. He financed the fights and the dogs, he transported fight dogs over state lines making it a federal offense, and then he lied to the official when he was caught........Mike Vick is still endorsed by Nike, Subway, Celebrity Sweat, and many other large companies, he makes 12 million dollars per year throwing a football and is about to get his head coach and some others on his team fired. Lance Armstrong has raised millions for cancer, he has fought and beat cancer multiple times and given others hope, he now walks with his head hung in shame because he has lost everything he worked for, think about the comparisons of the athletes and the crimes they committed, sad, sad view of our justice system.

I have issues :ols:

I have been on here since August 2005. Never been banned, NNT'd or anything.....

Sometimes I just want to start a thread so I can get NNT'd or banned. :doh:

I think I need help :ols:

I've only had two single days and one week ban. With the way I run my rum fueled mouth some days, that's an act of god.

Goody two shoes.

What the hell does NNT'd mean anyway? I just googled it, and the first three search results were ES threads :ols:

But I couldn't find an explanation

No New Threads. Means you can't start new threads. Or for most people, it seems to mean posting in existing threads to whine because you don't understand why you can't start a new one.

I have issues :ols:

I have been on here since August 2005. Never been banned, NNT'd or anything.....

Sometimes I just want to start a thread so I can get NNT'd or banned. :doh:

I think I need help :ols:

:ols: I like it :)

When I read someone whining about getting some infraction and how it's "the mods" or "this place" that must be the issue, I think of how well over 90% of the membership has zero infractions even after a couple years. A mystery!

Amazing how simply following the rules and just not being too big an ******* can help. :pfft:

---------- Post added November-8th-2012 at 10:07 AM ----------

No New Threads. Means you can't start new threads. Or for most people, it seems to mean posting in existing threads to whine because you don't understand why you can't start a new one.

:ols:

You have always been one of the really smart ones here ;)

Archived