Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

^dang abdcskins your lucky. Never had free month of at&t nor any free channels. Iv complained before wonder what Im doing wrong :doh:

Today I was fairly calm with AT&T, I've had my cell phone with them since I was 18. But with Directv I got really mad and said I wanted to terminate my contract. That's when they got someone important on the line and he offered the package to me. Just gotta act really angry and say you quit, then typically they'll try to appease you.

I've learned that if you complain you tend to get free stuff. This is preceded by calling up AT&T and telling them that my phone bill was too much and they needed to reduce it. They ended up giving me this month for free. Same thing happened with Directv last year, they gave me NFL ticket for free. I guess companies will do whatever to keep your business.

Doesn't seem to work with Comcast. They are the biggest jerks in terms of providing good service and their customer service people are rude.

Just got back from a very beautiful day all around the mouth of the Columbia River and then on down to Rockaway Beach on the Oregon coast. Gorgeous weather and incredible country. Man, I love nature. :beavisnbutthead:

And now, having just checked the forum, "twa & Larry, Kilmer17 & Predicto, meet your new challengers: PeterMP & alexy" :pfft:

I know this sounds weird...sorry, we're in the same profession and when I'm not running my butt off at work, I'm reading/watching. I consider work to be my exercise. But if I were single, with no pets, I'd be a bartender on a cruise line or something.

I don't know why that sounds weird, living here, like this has been awesome. I am soooo much happier and I have found such an incredible place to be. I have a puppy and am living with cats, so pets you can get around. If you think this might be for you, let me know, I'd help you come for a season and see if you like it.

Yeah it was on mine as well, i just got lucky enough to be stationed up here. We loved it so much that we bought a house here to retire in. As far as hiking goes there's just too many beautiful places to list here. I mean EVERYWHERE is scenic enough to just stop and just take in for a while.

I'd def trade houses with you for a bit. About the only thing that would worry me in your area would be hurricanes. Otherwise i'd be snorkeling all day every day there.

Maybe next year for a month or two we could swap places. I'll hook you up with a tour guide, you hook me up with one and we spend a month or two in each others areas and appreciate just how incredibly beautiful this planet is. You snorkel and I hike.

If you like water, there isn't many better paces to be than here. It's as beautiful as Hawaii, cheap to live and be, doesn't have the overwhelming laws of the states, yet plenty of conveniences of being connected to them.

This full moon labor day weekend has been just absolutely magical and I will never forget being on these islands.

---------- Post added September-3rd-2012 at 08:41 AM ----------

I miss the Pacific Northwest but I had to go home

Also wasn't allowed to exit the state of Washington while I was there so couldn't visit Oregon or Canada

Weren't allowed? That's the only part of the country I haven't been too and I will in the next year or so, unless I end up in South America, on a sailboat or some other random place. :ols:

Beautiful place, that Pacific Northwest...

I was there (Seattle) for a week, and even though it was still a big city, it still was drastically different from anything I'd ever experienced. I'm sure that If I somehow ended up in one of those Middleofnowere towns out there, it would probably feel like being in another country or something. I definitely wouldn't mind living out there, on in Hawaii, or any other beutiful semi-isolated place, if only for a couple weeks, just to get away from the frustrating loudness of 100mph city life. Even though I could go 6-8 miles from where I live and end up in a cornfield, it really doesn't feel like it, with all the traffic/people, and it sure as hell doesn't feel like it when I'm driving into DC to go to work.

I ****ing hate Hate HATE seeing commercials for companies who support disabled veterans. The ****ing Government should pay these people. You started the ****ing war *******s, this is the cost. Our Vets should be cared for as well or better than anybody and should never have to ask for a handout or help. It's bull**** ****ing garbage from an ******* system.

My bad, page was open and one of those sponsor a vet commercials came on. Like they're third world kids or humpback whales. It's infuriating to me.

I was suppose to get a VCR from somebody last week, so I could record stuff when I wasn't home. :ols: A ****ing VCR. That's life in the islands man. :ols:

Commercials in general annoy me unless it provides for a bathroom break. Typically the only time I see them now is during a live sporting event that I am watching (in person or on television).

I think you can buy a slightly used one for 5 bucks...stop being cheap.

haha. Just messing with ya, man.

That movie is awesome. It completely changed the game with me (as far as zombie scenarios are concerned). You can have a little fun with a slow moving, confused zombie, as long as they don't get too close, but when they come at you, running a 4.3 forty, completely pissed off/hungry, you're screwed.

Oh i agree, def enjoyed the directors view of a "running" zombie. You'd have to invite some of your slower friends and inlaws over to curb the zombie's appetite, lol.

To this day the wife won't even watch a zombie movie with me, freaks her out.

Were they really zombies in 28 Days Later? I thought they were just affected by the rage virus. They didn't die and come back to life unless I'm not remembering correctly.

Good question. You would be right, BUT they pretty much degenerate into zombies anyway, which would still meet my zombie requirement, though not in a "Traditional" sense. IIRC those soldiers in 28 Days Later loaded up on the crazed cat who they initially had chained up in the mansion, and he didn't die right away, so that would make me lean towards "Zombie as well." Anyways, after watching the awesomeness that was The Descent late last night, I'm getting ready to watch "Part 2." Hopefully this one is as goid as the first.

Were they really zombies in 28 Days Later? I thought they were just affected by the rage virus. They didn't die and come back to life unless I'm not remembering correctly.

Nope you're remembering it right, as Sinister said i was just lumping the rage people in with zombies. Basically they didn't have control of their minds or bodies anymore and were hell bent on violence. Kinda like a zombie other than how fast they came after their prey.

Archived