Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I fully expect the next 30 hours to be an outrageous adventure and know that truly anything, good or bad, can happen. I even have a good puppy sitter watching Maggie and no real job right now. I'll probably be back right away as expected, but it's cool to know that I may not. Winds shift, we'll see.

I'm looking out my porch window and can see a random couple of Senepol cows grazing and a huge ocean freighter cruising by right now. A wild horse too and some really cool birds. I love it here.

Just loaned one of my best friends $1,500. Hope I don't regret that.

That's quite a large amount of money...

The most I've ever given was $500 to one of my buddies who's car broke down while he was trying to get a job after we graduated a couple years ago. Didn't ask him to pay me back. Normally I don't loan, because you leave open the chance that people won't pay you back on time, or will try to weasel their way out of paying alltogether, and I would never want a friendship to end over something like that. For something like that, I'd have to have a written agreement. Hopefully he pays you back. Just from people I've been around, whether it be firends, family, co-workers, etc, it's never good idea to loan money to friends.

Buddy of mine lost his job, I was an army contractor and had a lot of money laying around. He asked for 900, I gave him 1200. Took him 16 months, but he paid me back. It started getting stressful because he never brought it up and I was wondering if I'd ever see it again. One day, bam, check in hand.

My advice is to forget you are owed the money - it started to drive me nuts thinking about it. Hope you get it back soon!

Buddy of mine lost his job, I was an army contractor and had a lot of money laying around. He asked for 900, I gave him 1200. Took him 16 months, but he paid me back. It started getting stressful because he never brought it up and I was wondering if I'd ever see it again. One day, bam, check in hand.

My advice is to forget you are owed the money - it started to drive me nuts thinking about it. Hope you get it back soon!

Yeah, the only reason I gave it to him is because he is my best friend and I trust him more than anybody. He is in the process of writing a book and says that the publisher is giving him $10,000 in November. He also just got a new job. Said he needed the money to keep up with rent. I'm not gonna stress it. Thanks!

General rule of thumb. Never loan somebody money that you can't afford to lose.

My random thought. I would love to see a catcher demolish a base runner at a play at the plate in anticipation of a bit hit. It would be hilarious.

Feeling slightly gypped in that the 12 pack of miller Lite I bought today did not come with an NFl preview book. There used to be like a 30 page book in there full of goofy stuff.

Ah the good old days.

You older folks, who rememers what this is?

1972-Sunoco-Deluxe-Album.jpg

~Bang

^ You remember a booklet from a specific beer company's packages from when you were 9... Gov't probably realized that it might be marketed towards kids...

---------- Post added September-1st-2012 at 07:02 PM ----------

I'm posting in here just so I can see my new location : D

YES SIR!!!! That roadtrip changed our lives so much that I doubt either of us would have imagined where we'd be right now...

And for that, sir, I THANK YOU!

RIP Royallypwned

That guy was a big college football expert, used to banter all the time about Georgia and SMU. He was a really good one, football season won't be the same without him. I'll say it again, you could give him a little trash talking and he'd take it in stride. He had a great sense of humor and we'd joke at each other and he'd take it lightly. He was just a good dude RIP

Already two weeks into my first real coaching job...WR/S at the High School I played (and won two state titles) at. Team's had two close losses (35-26 after going up 12-0 to start the game and giving up a safety on a drive with 3 minutes to go, and 30-27 in OT after giving up the tying TD with 38 seconds to go and dropping a pass in the end zone in OT). Love coaching, but it sucks to lose like that twice in a row.

RIP Royallypwned

That guy was a big college football expert, used to banter all the time about Georgia and SMU. He was a really good one, football season won't be the same without him. I'll say it again, you could give him a little trash talking and he'd take it in stride. He had a great sense of humor and we'd joke at each other and he'd take it lightly. He was just a good dude RIP

SMU/Georgia/Cowboys/Mavs/Rangers/Stars/Kershaw/Stafford... Yeah... If there's one thing about Blake it was loyalty... It just sucks...

Archived