Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Pac could get pretty deep, and was poetic with his lyrics, as well as having more range with his lyrics, but I htink Biggie had better floe/wordplay. I like both.

Looking at Russel Wilson and Seattle, I 'm really (shockingly) digging their uni's, but only the blue/grey and wite/grey uni's. To hell with the Thunderdome all blue home uni. Never understood why they got rid of the ocean blue/lime trim/silver look. I thought they had one of the best uni's in football back in the 90's, and like the Bills, I think they could've done well with sort of a modified retro look. But like I said, the Depressing Seattle blue/grey/lime trim looks pretty good.

Chew, you're an old ass dude, man :silly:

I think I was in 3rd grade. I remember how things were in the immediate weeks/months following the Biggie shooting, but I can't recall the Tupac stuff, though I remember watching it on the news, as well as that song That's Just The Way It Is (Don't remember the actual name) playing on MTV. The Biggie stuff was crazy though, just like it was for Tupac. They must've played Missing You like 3,000 times, and I think Life After Death was released a short time afterwards. It was weird as hell listening to that album.

How the hell does Indiana Jones survive the U-boat trip to the secret nazi submarine base?

From IMDB.

There is a deleted scene in which you see Indy holding on to the periscope, which is sticking out of the water. Early submarines generally traveled the oceans on the surface of the water under diesel power, which requires access to the air for inlets to the engines. They could only travel short distances under water, as this required electric propulsion and the battery power of the submarine did not last very long. German U-boats would only submerge when they'd attack surface ships. However, there would generally be four or five crewman on the conning tower as lookouts. U-boats generally would submerge to a depth of roughly 12 meters, deep enough to see out the periscope. In the novelization, Indy lashed himself to the periscope with his bullwhip and rode/dozed through 20 frigid hours in oceanic water. In the movie, we never see the sub fully submerge, so are left with the conclusion that Indy rode on the top, a more believable scenario than riding it underwater without freezing or drowning.

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 02:01 PM ----------

The more you know!

---------- Post added August-27th-2012 at 02:02 PM ----------

From that same link,

How did Indy know not to look into the Ark when it was opened?

A deleted scene was shot where Imam, the wise man translating the markings on the headpiece of the Staff of Ra also translates another set of markings, which gives a warning about not looking into the Ark. Since this scene is not in the movie, it is a little confusing as to how Indy knew that he could only survive the opening of the Ark by closing his eyes. Perhaps he simply remembered the picture of the Ark he showed to the army officers; in it, an entire army is decimated, but the people carrying the Ark remain unaffected. So he may have concluded that opening the Ark is not necessarily deadly to anyone in close proximity, and that it is the visual contact that was deadly. Another option is that he remembered a relevant passage from the Bible (1 Samuel 6:19), where God "smote" the men of Beth Shemesh for looking into the Ark. Plus, there's a brief moment when Marcus Brody says the light from the Ark could lay waste to everything it touched, further warning of the Ark's power.

My heart is mine, not yours. God gave it to me, not you and not for anyone else to put under a microscrope. Yet i still don't have the right to access any info being transmitted from it, yet others do. Makes my heart race just thinking about it. Just sayin'. Have a nice day.

Archived