Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So if Tony and I hadn't gone on the roadtrip, we'd be tailgating the Duke/FIU game right now in Durham... I wouldn't be in DC, he wouldn't be in Boston. Never been so happy to not be watching live football with one of my best friends.

I don't get it...ok, I'm tired, but I lived vicariously for those couple weeks...and Duke was winning last time I checked, one of my fave places is that campus. Did you guys break up or something?lol

If my joking tone isn't cool, I sooo understand, and my apologies in advance if that's the case.

I don't get it...ok, I'm tired, but I lived vicariously for those couple weeks...and Duke was winning last time I checked, one of my fave places is that campus. Did you guys break up or something?lol

If my joking tone isn't cool, I sooo understand, and my apologies in advance if that's the case.

Haha nah... When we started the roadtrip, we were both doing a "just graduated college this is the only time we'll ever have the chance to do this" roadtrip. So without the roadtrip, I would still probably be in Greensboro and he would still be in Miami... We had talked about going to the FIU/Duke game in Durham because it was close (enough) to my house, I cheer for FIU and he's a double alum of FIU... But when we went on the trip, he met an awesome girl in Boston, and I compared every city to Greensboro and realized it really really sucked for what I was looking for in life... Therefore without that, I may have still been depressed in Greensboro and he'd still be in Miami... Basically the roadtrip changed our lives in unexpected ways...

I love my Mountaineers. Always and forever, but going on the Mountaineer message board on Scout, I have to get something off my chest here. The people on Scout are the worst. A bunch of low life douche bag ***** made crying babies. Hell, there is one poster with a sig of some young kids in confederate uniforms. If they are his kids, then good luck in the KKK because please don't get into the general population where intelligence seems to be at a low. (WV was never a part of the confederacy by the way) People complain about the Stadium, and rightfully so, but if you want to meet a smart and sensible Mountaineer fan, and believe me, there are PLENTY to be found, don't go on message boards for the most part. The Stadium is not as bad as its equivalent on Scout's WV board.

Let's Go Mountaineers.

Just an fyi if anyone wanted to know where Chugiak Alaska was it's right here where the 1 is.

And here is our ****ty forecast for the week.

http://weather.yahoo.com/united-states/alaska/chugiak-12799637/

Alaska is very high on my list of places to be for a while. Maybe next summer instead of staying here.

I want to travel and if I can't afford my own sailboat large enough to live on, by next April, I'm either going to hike the AT or move seasonally somewhere.

Want to trade locations?

** I hate cats and I just moved in with another 2. One is fine, the other sucks.

You know what's worse than message boards. Game lobbies of Call of Duty. I regularly play COD with a black dude and a Muslim who sounds like he's hispanic. I don't think I've heard so much racism before. As white guy, I really want to reach through the screen and wring their necks.
You're going to get that everywhere. whether it be message boards/online game lobbies, etc, anywhere people can hide behind usernames. I always get a kick out of people who say that "It's time to move on," or that "Things have changed." **** no they haven't. Maybe from an institutionalized racism standpoint they have, but if anything, people have just gotten better at hiding it, or bottle it up in everyday life and use social media to "Vent."

You know what's worse than message boards. Game lobbies of Call of Duty. I regularly play COD with a black dude and a Muslim who sounds like he's hispanic. I don't think I've heard so much racism before. As white guy, I really want to reach through the screen and wring their necks.

No, the worst is the comments on a Youtube article. Man, you wouldn't believe some of things people say on there.

Alaska is very high on my list of places to be for a while. Maybe next summer instead of staying here.

I want to travel and if I can't afford my own sailboat large enough to live on, by next April, I'm either going to hike the AT or move seasonally somewhere.

Want to trade locations?

** I hate cats and I just moved in with another 2. One is fine, the other sucks.

Yeah it was on mine as well, i just got lucky enough to be stationed up here. We loved it so much that we bought a house here to retire in. As far as hiking goes there's just too many beautiful places to list here. I mean EVERYWHERE is scenic enough to just stop and just take in for a while.

I'd def trade houses with you for a bit. About the only thing that would worry me in your area would be hurricanes. Otherwise i'd be snorkeling all day every day there.

Want to trade locations?

I know this sounds weird...sorry, we're in the same profession and when I'm not running my butt off at work, I'm reading/watching. I consider work to be my exercise. But if I were single, with no pets, I'd be a bartender on a cruise line or something.

Youtube

Yep, the YouTube Keyboard Warriors. Since I normally go to YouTube to listen to music for the most part, I'd have to agree. Every time I go to an older song, I always see something along the lines of " Man, music has gone to hell these days," or "**** todays generation," or "**** Justin Beiber," or "**** Lady Gaga". I cannot begin to describe how annoying that is, especially when it's some cat in your age group.

Appreciation for older music (which is something that I have) is one thing. Using it to rail on the "Music of today" is another. It's an incredibly ignorant/stupid statement to make, especially when they probably couldn't name more than 5 artists of today ( which would mean that their opinion of "Today's music" is about as valuable as Helen Kellers), and probably don't listen to more than a few different genres of music, but choose to sit on their high horses and make dumb blanket statements.

Nikki Minaj can kick rocks though. I swear, the gym I go to plays her crap non freaking stop, and they blare it to where I can hear it over my earplugs, unless I turn them up to where I'm at risk of going deaf.

I'd just roll it out for a tailgate

Not eating 100 pieces of chicken for 2 or 3 straight weeks

Yeah I know what you meant. My point still stands. There's an endless array of seasonigs that you could use, and then fry it to perfection. So good. It could seriously be used as a murder weapon. I wonder how many women have killed their husbands by feeding them fried chicken 2-3 times a week.

I've learned that if you complain you tend to get free stuff. This is preceded by calling up AT&T and telling them that my phone bill was too much and they needed to reduce it. They ended up giving me this month for free. Same thing happened with Directv last year, they gave me NFL ticket for free. I guess companies will do whatever to keep your business.

Archived