Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I've been to both places (Gettysburg and Antietam), but it has been so long. Even though I was 13-16 years old the moment was indeed poignant. I need to go back.

Reading about the battles it is hard to comprehend all the tactics and whatnot, I'm not a military expert. But reading about Pickett's Charge is powerful.

So much has changed since then, both socially and technologically. Really amazing when you think about it. We are living in some monumental times.

I meant the part about there isn't a day that goes by where you don't think about Sean Taylor. That's creepy, dude.

Really? You thought that was creepy? I honestly can't say that there hasn't been a day where I didn't think about him, but whenever I think of the Redskins (Or anyone says Redskins), this is the exact picture of what I think of..

sean_taylor.jpg

I became a die hard fan when I moved to Pittsburgh from Richmond in '97, went to my first game with my dad in '96.... So when anybody mentions "Redskins" or sometimes even "Miami", that's the image in my head... Plus with my tattoo, whenever I get out of the shower and see it, I also think of him...

---------- Post added April-26th-2011 at 02:48 AM ----------

Antietam is the same way. Very few places I've been to have given me that gut feeling that this is "holy" ground. That's one.

If you think that's an odd feeling, I've stepped foot on the Japanese Internment camp in Rohwer, AR... I have NEVER felt that uneasy in my life... It was basically a concentration camp for Japanese people during WWII... I literally saw what I needed to see and RAN TO MY CAR...

New subject... I really need someone to tell me what the similarities in these girls are (My ex girlfriend {right} and my incredibly hot ex coworker{left}) Obviously I was attracted to both but I can't understand exactly what the similarity is...

hmm.jpg

I know that the one on the right is bigger, but imagine her 8 years younger without a child...

There is something about that type of face that I am attracted to that I cannot put my finger on.. Therefore I turn to you... Especially if you could immediately tell me the European decent that I should be looking for in a woman...

That's not as weird as me doing verbal play by play on my Madden game from 2008

Redskins stopped at the goal line with 7 seconds left after recovering the football after turning the ball over on downs at the goal line with a minute left

Screaming like Gus Johnson when the ballcarrier is stoned a yard short of the goal line

I kind of know that one. Been known to talk some **** to the game I'm playing. COD Modern Warfare 2 this time. "Bam!!" "Yeah mother ****er. Got you right between the eyes. How you like me now?!!!!" :silly: :paranoid:

In other news. Somebody turned on February. It's an absolute blizzard out there. :ols: It's snowed at least 3 inches in the past 45 minutes. I think

old man Winter had become a bit of an attention whore. :silly: It's a kick watching it.

I kind of know that one. Been known to talk some **** to the game I'm playing. COD Modern Warfare 2 this time. "Bam!!" "Yeah mother ****er. Got you right between the eyes. How you like me now?!!!!" :silly: :paranoid:

PCS I find it hard to imagine you ever talking trash.

PCS I find it hard to imagine you ever talking trash.

:ols: Thanks Ren. Overall, I never have. Even when playing ball I didn't. Well,very rarely anyway,(not including a little light hearted banter from time to time). Yet with that video game every now and then....... Must be a guy thing. :silly:

Bored

Reading the VT Netletter

http://www.vtmagazine.vt.edu/spring11/feature1.html

In light of Virginia Tech Dining Services' award-winning food, outstanding customer service, innovative programming, and first-rate facilities, younger Hokie alumni may have trouble believing that complaints about campus dining were once as commonplace as cadet formations on the Drillfield.

According to school histories written by Col. Henry D. Temple (industrial engineering '34) and by Professor Emeritus Duncan Lyle Kinnear, campus dining first suffered the slings and arrows of disgruntled students when Virginia Tech was but a greenhorn land-grant college charged with feeding an ever-hungry corps of cadets. For decades, campus meals were—literally and figuratively—a mess.

In an oral history transcribed for a 1970 issue of Context, alumnus W. Purviance Tams Jr. (B.S., M.S. mechanical engineering 1902) recounts a spartan existence on the tiny Blacksburg campus, then named Virginia Agricultural and Mechanical College and Polytechnic Institute (popularly known as VPI, now Virginia Tech). The dining, it seems, was distinctly foul:

Will Muschamp kicked Jenkins off the team

****ing SEC Justice there

http://twitter.com/greggdoyelcbs/statuses/62969687042039808

New Florida coach Will Muschamp isn't screwing around with idiots, unlike Urban. Blogg http://bit.ly/ePHgPd

Meyer was notorious for lax discipline at UF and Spartacus can attest to this

Good to see the LAW being brought in in Gainesville

Don't **** around with the sheriff

I haven't seen this much intolerance of bull**** since Doug Marrone took over Syracuse

Will Muschamp kicked Jenkins off the team

****ing SEC Justice there

http://twitter.com/greggdoyelcbs/statuses/62969687042039808

Meyer was notorious for lax discipline at UF and Spartacus can attest to this

Good to see the LAW being brought in in Gainesville

Don't **** around with the sheriff

I haven't seen this much intolerance of bull**** since Doug Marrone took over Syracuse

Eh, we'll see how long that keeps up.

UF has built up a well-known reputation as being one of the most relaxed programs in the country (especially major programs) when it comes to player discipline, particularly for drug incidents. Even by SEC standards, and even going back before Meyer, to the Zook and Spurrier days.

Muschamp taking over might mean things get a little tougher, but there's a certain set of expectations in dealing with football players in Gainesville that won't be changed overnight just because there's a new coach in town.

Archived