Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

For me, it's what I'm used to. Yeah, it sucks being hot all the time. But between high 30s and high 90s, I'm going to choose high 90s every time. My shirt will get drenched in sweat by walking about 10 feet from my apartment to my car in the lot. But I've learned to accept it and deal with it. The sun fries a hole in my brain in July and August though, so it might warp my judgment. What allows me to get through every hot and sticky day of summer is the knowledge that no matter how bad it gets here, it is always worse in Arizona. If it's 98 here, it's 103-105 there. If it's 105 here, you can bet your ass it's 110 there.

65-70 degrees and sunny. That's what I want.

Lol

When you all are working out at the gym do you use machines? Do you lift free weights? Do you do cardio?

I mix up all three

Then I'm being told machines are bad for you

Good heavens say it ain't so joe

Yeah you can, I only use free weights.

Machines have a fixed motion that can cause more serious injury than free weights. There is nothing unsafe about free weights if you take the time to learn the correct technique and have a spotter.

Because it's a lot like football or basketball

It's all about holistic thought

Just like football is all about offense, defense, and special teams to be successful, a good training regimen requires similar holistic approaches

I completely disagree.

You can be a well muscled machine using only free weights.

Going to Gettysburg is a surreal moment. Makes you realize you need stop saying FML cause you missed your train. What these men gave up fighting their own brethren. Today's America takes way too much for granted.

Antietam is the same way. Very few places I've been to have given me that gut feeling that this is "holy" ground. That's one.

Archived