Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's to being bush league on Sunday.

Art

In the home opener we saw one of the few times in the history of FedEx Field where the crowd got so into the game as to make a difference on the field. An actual advantage created at our home field on the series of snaps the Bears went in reverse with three false starts.

This is the atmosphere we need to capture again on Sunday. I bring this up because as the Washington Post struggles to find an audience among non-Skins fans while demonstrating repeatedly they don't care about Skins fans, we were told by George Solomon that our cheering was a bad thing after the last home game.

His words were discussed in this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114930

What I do not agree with is Gibbs congratulating the fans at FedEx Field for making so much noise Bears QB Kyle Orton had trouble getting off his plays. I call that behavior bush league. In similar situations at NFL stadiums, the QB should step back and wait for the noise to subside, or until the home team is hit with a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

George Solomon (solomong@washpost.com), Washington Post, Sept. 18, 2005

As fans, we need to use these kinds of comments as motivation to be even louder. I figure if it disturbs a former sports editor for the Post then it has to be ok in some small way :).

Here's to being bush league my friends :cheers:

Take it to the NEXT level. BE an advantage.

Yeah. Wouldn't want him to comment on a game he was actually awake for. Then he'd really have to write something. For all those there, bush league is a wonderful thing. :) I've heard of bulliten board material, but this would be good..er..back of seats material.

It is a sad day when the hometown paper essentially admonishes fans of the team they cover for being loud and helping the home team out. Now, this is not quite as bad as writing a name change column during Dallas week, but, it's close.

LOL,thats is the stupidest thing that I have heard of.Whats he expect from die hard Skins fans that WANT their team to WIN :mad:.What does he want every Skins fan to do Sunday sit on their hands to keep from claping,tape their mouth shut to keep from hollering.

Damn this guy sounds like he has a few to many screws loose!!!!! :rolleyes:

In the home opener we saw one of the few times in the history of FedEx Field where the crowd got so into the game as to make a difference on the field. An actual advantage created at our home field on the series of snaps the Bears went in reverse with three false starts.

This is the atmosphere we need to capture again on Sunday. I bring this up because as the Washington Post struggles to find an audience among non-Skins fans while demonstrating repeatedly they don't care about Skins fans, we were told by George Solomon that our cheering was a bad thing after the last home game.

His words were discussed in this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114930

As fans, we need to use these kinds of comments as motivation to be even louder. I figure if it disturbs a former sports editor for the Post then it has to be ok in some small way :).

Here's to being bush league my friends :cheers:

Take it to the NEXT level. BE an advantage.

no no no Art, that's a whinning loser mentality.... according to some. We should accept what the media writes, and not be complaining.

:laugh:

Is that moron on meds? The entire point of the homefield advantage is to get in the players heads and make mistakes happen. Listen to what a playoff game over where the steelers call home sounds like, or arrowhead stadium. This guy is a clueless **** how dare he write some trash like that.

People if you go to the game scream your face off if the team needs it.

Is that moron on meds? The entire point of the homefield advantage is to get in the players heads and make mistakes happen. Listen to what a playoff game over where the steelers call home sounds like, or arrowhead stadium. This guy is a clueless **** how dare he write some trash like that.

People if you go to the game scream your face off if the team needs it.

That's exactly right.

And, it's routine for head coaches to thank the fans at their stadium for making a difference in the hope they will do so again. This is not only part of the game, but part of a calculated effort. Solomon actually seems to lay out ways to beat the home crowd hoping someone will read his nonsense. The sad part is, the people who DO read it are the very people he insults.

Archived