Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's to being bush league on Sunday.

Art

Well, lets see... Sports are to entertain the fans right? Without the fans teams would move from city to city trying to find some place they can earn money. Hummm, Fans PAY for tickets... Advertisers target them with ads. Fans are a big business. The Redskins Defense was extremely entertaining on that particular Sunday, and the fans showed their appreciation. I guess instead of cheering the fans at the game should have remained seated and quietly watched the game. Who is this guy anyway... Bush league? I'm sorry, but the fans were upper classed that day.

:applause: :notworthy

:dallasuck

I don't why anyone would bother reading the Post. They've had their fannies in a sling since Danny took away their free tickets. They've even hired a New York transplant to write for them about how the Redskins name should be changed.

What do the Post, Bears and Cowboys have in common? They're all LOSERS!!!

Screw Soloman, apparently he's unaware of the ticket prices that fans have to pay, if I'm spending my hard earned money on tix then you best believe I'll cheer as loud as I want to. I guess it was bush when the stands shook at RFK in 83' for the Dallas game, gee I thought that's what made RFK special, I thought the Redskins greats always said RFK was such a home field advantage because of the crowd noise. What's bush is this idiotic article that I can't believe the management of the Post actually let slide as sports journalism, what a A-HOLE.

Guest strongkaracter

I say it's about time that we as fans understand this for what it really is.

We have the largest stadium in the NFL! Why have not we used this to our advantage?

No team should ever come here and win, just because of our 90,000+ fans screaming and yelling everytime the other team takes the feild on offense.

Playing at Fed-Ex Feild should be as intimidating to every visiting team as an ant going up aginst a T-Rex!

SOUND THE ALARM AND LETS MAKE SOME MORE NOISE!!!!!!! :point2sky

gsolomon.jpg

(Love this pic of him)

I still can't believe an actual SPORTS REPORTER wrote this.

Unbelievable.

Wow that guy is an idiot! I CANT BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT. They are professional players..they should handle noise like that. They get paid millions..this editor has no clue. He just wishes he can play sports thats why hes a sports editor to get close to the game without becoming a player. We are not talkin about chess, or synchronized swimming..we are talking about pro football. Its part of the game..15 yard penalty for unsportmanlike conduct, thats retarded! I dont think that will ever happen to pass a stupid rule like that. That would defeat the whole purpose of having homefield advantage..if we have to act like we are in a library. I dont know the guy cause Im from the west coast however for someone to say something like that against the Redskins he must be another teams fan. Its not our fault if we have the best fans in the NFL for supporting our team. Thats the whole point is for us to be as loud as possible as fans, so that the QB dont hear sh..! If they cant hear the count that their problem..he says that the QB should step back and wait for the crowd to calm down, yeah like thats even gonna happen in 35 seconds. If anything he will get another delay of game. Anyways about this whole thing this guy is just plain stupid and he needs to reevaluate his thought cause he has no ,common sense period! What a :loser: !

I didn't mean to imply that today's crowds are louder or "better fans" on any level. Hell, I was in the stands screaming in the early 70's myself. I'm just suggesting that the idea of someone criticizing them for it, or implying it's less than honorable from a competitive or sportmans standpoint, is a rather surprisingly out-of-step notion given how prevalent and universally accepted the whole 12th Man phenomenon has become over the last ... oh, generation. :)

You and I get that ... so why don't Mr. Solomon, and, more to the point, his employer?

Om, I was just having fun with that post - I know you were not being critical of fans from 30 years ago. Just my way of pointing out to all that it has been that way for eons, which makes it even more incredible that this guy can actually get paid for writing. He is (and always has been) totally out of touch.

dude you have no idea about our qb situation. It sounds like you would rather have someone else in there other then Ramsey. You are crazy! Brunell sucks and really... he just got pretty lucky on 2 plays on monday night.... our offense was the worst its looked in 27 years. Gibbs should sit down and shut up for benching Ramsey! Don't get me wrong, I love coach gibbs as much as the next skins fan but he is really screwing us on this brunell thing

Why it is far from Bush league and we should make a ton of noise at games. In fact I did not think it was that loud as compared to previous games. It will be impossible to duplicate the RFK experience but it could be louder.

What I do find bush is the Skins post this on the front of their website. We have been critical of the team in many areas and not once have they posted that. So for those who thought the Skins would not use this forum to promote their propaganda, apparrently you were wrong. I would love to see them post all of the issues that we have had about the stadium. As for George S., go enjoy another NFL game with your buddy Pastabelly

CRT,

You certainly have an interesting viewpoint here. This is the first time the team has directly linked to any thread on the board. I have no idea what criteria they use to select such threads now or in the future. However, I think it may be a bit off to suggest this is the team promoting "propoganda". The team hasn't actually made a statement at all on this other than to point people to the discussion.

The effect of which was to capture a potentially hot issue and bring more people to the fan board. It is working based on our registration today and guests today. I would like to think the team will do this from time to time on especially interesting fan issues whether the ton is -- as here -- uniform in nature or there's more discord. I don't make that decision though.

This will be an interesting thing to watch develop though. That I agree with you on.

Still, I don't think the team has attempted to create the expectation it will embrace any viewpoint they disagree with as something to promote. I think think they've just tried to create the expectation that as fans we can say what is on our minds, which has been the case here.

What I do find bush is the Skins post this on the front of their website. We have been critical of the team in many areas and not once have they posted that. So for those who thought the Skins would not use this forum to promote their propaganda, apparrently you were wrong. I would love to see them post all of the issues that we have had about the stadium.

CRT3, just so I'm clear ... the area's major newspaper publishes an article openly critical of not only the fans, but by implication their coach for appreciating them, but it's "bush" for the team to respond on their own website by giving their fans a chance to voice their opinions on the matter?

Guest dmetoyer

Is he serious! I thought that was the purpose of the "HOME CROWD". We can't make it easy for our opponent. I think we did our job because I was right there screaming too!! I would not pay any mind to that HATER!!!

Go Skins!!!!!

:cheers:

To take it a few steps further I have a few more suggestions:

-We shouldn't even allow fans at the game. Then everybody could concrete even better.

-Trick plays should be illegal. They are pure bush league.

-We should announce our play beforehand so the other team won't be caught by suprise.

I can't believe a senior person at the WP could write this and expect people to take it. I think he honestly hopes that the Skins lose every game.

CRT3, just so I'm clear ... the area's major newspaper publishes an article openly critical of not only the fans, but by implication their coach for appreciating them, but it's "bush" for the team to respond on their own website by giving their fans a chance to voice their opinions on the matter?

No please do not get me wrong. It is totally wrong for George S. to make this statement, I agree with everybody here. What I find funny is that the Redskins post only the issue with the Post that is brought up in the forum. Why not any other issues that are brought up in the forum? Seems to me they are using the forum to spread their goodwill. They own it and have that right, but when the forum was taken over by the Skins (For purchase or on goodwill) it was very clearly stated that this was for the fans and the Skins never would use it for their own good. They have and that is my point.

It is a sad day when the hometown paper essentially admonishes fans of the team they cover for being loud and helping the home team out. Now, this is not quite as bad as writing a name change column during Dallas week, but, it's close.

The saddest day in recent memory was in February 2004 Frank Herzog, THE voice of the Washington Redskins, was fired by WJ[erk]FK in favor of Larry Michael, a vice president at its parent company (Westwood One). Michael is droll and boring it sucks that we have to hear his voice whenever we go into the concourse.

I definitely miss Frank and his signature call, "Touchdown !! Washington Redskins"

No please do not get me wrong. It is totally wrong for George S. to make this statement, I agree with everybody here. What I find funny is that the Redskins post only the issue with the Post that is brought up in the forum. Why not any other issues that are brought up in the forum? Seems to me they are using the forum to spread their goodwill. They own it and have that right, but when the forum was taken over by the Skins (For purchase or on goodwill) it was very clearly stated that this was for the fans and the Skins never would use it for their own good. They have and that is my point.

Did you not read my post on like page 3 here?

I've been pestering them to do direct links in this way for the last month. They finally approved and did so. They can only do so on certain days of the week due to publishing schedules they have with other articles. In any case, I do not believe at ANY point ANY one told you the team would not utilize any benefit from direct interaction with fans on this board. The acquired ExtremeSkins because they wanted a way to better interact directly with fans.

They wanted a way to directly foster discussion and take our questions and create a greater bond. This site IS for the fans. And the item linked was offered as a chance to discuss an issue ABOUT fans. Obviously the team has already received a great deal of benefit from the merger with ES. Take Snyder's chat as an example where many fans openly said they felt differently about him after the chat and where he heard at least one complaint and fixed it within days.

That is what you were told could be available. That is what IS available. I'm not sure exactly what you think should occur. This is pretty much standard issue message board operation for EVERY business with a message board. Identify a topic, link to it, see what fans think.

They do that every time we write a fan column too and they link for fan chats, though both those links go to a portal page. Sometimes I'm not sure what people get their panties in a bunch over. This doesn't seem like one of those worrisome areas to me. :).

CRT,

You certainly have an interesting viewpoint here. This is the first time the team has directly linked to any thread on the board. I have no idea what criteria they use to select such threads now or in the future. However, I think it may be a bit off to suggest this is the team promoting "propoganda". The team hasn't actually made a statement at all on this other than to point people to the discussion.

The effect of which was to capture a potentially hot issue and bring more people to the fan board. It is working based on our registration today and guests today. I would like to think the team will do this from time to time on especially interesting fan issues whether the ton is -- as here -- uniform in nature or there's more discord. I don't make that decision though.

This will be an interesting thing to watch develop though. That I agree with you on.

Still, I don't think the team has attempted to create the expectation it will embrace any viewpoint they disagree with as something to promote. I think think they've just tried to create the expectation that as fans we can say what is on our minds, which has been the case here.

Maybe propaganda is the wrong word but at least you get my point. What is funny about it to me is the open jousting the Skins do with the Post. Using the forum to do this is not right, just my opinon. Will be interesting to watch but they will pick and choose where and whom they want to affect.

The saddest day in recent memory was in February 2004 Frank Herzog, THE voice of the Washington Redskins, was fired by WJ[erk]FK in favor of Larry Michael, a vice president at its parent company (Westwood One). Michael is droll and boring it sucks that we have to hear his voice whenever we go into the concourse.

I definitely miss Frank and his signature call, "Touchdown !! Washington Redskins"

I miss Frank as well. One day all the announcers we grew up with will be gone. I have a personal relationship with Larry Michael so I'm likely to disagree with your position on him, though you're free to have it.

Archived