Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's to being bush league on Sunday.

Art

Hey OM and Art I see they completly removed the article from the website front page and from the archive section. Why?

There was no "article" CRT. There was simply a picture of a fan and the sentence describing the conversation and a link to this thread. Such things will never live long on the front page. Where there is an article -- like one of our pieces -- it usually lasts two days on the main front then moves to the archive section.

Here, of course, there is nothing to archive, so, nothing to move. This was a simple pointer to fans to "talk" here.

We'll see more of these direct links in the future due to the remarkably high traffic this generated with "guest" users with many registering and several posting already.

Got this reply from Georgie re email my friend sent yesterday:

Kyle,

I had problems with the coach congratualting the

> fans for their actions,

> which I do not agree with.

>

>

> Regards,

>

> George Solomon

>

Oh.

So he thinks the Coach is bush league for talking up the 12th Man, as every other coach in every other sport has done for like the last 30 years.

Piece of advice, George? Put down the shovel.

Kyle,

>

>

> Regards,

>

> George Solomon

>

Yet in January of 1983, George marveled at how loud and boisterous the crowd at RFK was when we beat Dallas in the NFC Championship game. :doh:

Face it, fans at FedEx have not had a reason to be this loud for a long time. Gibbs realizes the importance of the fans pumping the team up and he acknowledged it. I wonder if George thinks Joe can simply spread his arms and part the Red Sea or produce a winning team without a little help. :whoknows:

Oh.

So he thinks the Coach is bush league for talking up the 12th Man, as every other coach in every other sport has done for like the last 30 years.

Piece of advice, George? Put down the shovel.

His reply there seems possible to read one of two ways.

He was critical of Gibbs for encouraging actions he doesn't agree with or he was critical because Gibbs encouraged fan involvement, which he doesn't agree with.

In either case, this guy must not realize how foolish he appears to be with this.

Art.

Thank you Art,

I wouldn't have know this had not you posted it.

Solmon seems to talk more baseball than anything else and I rarely read him, Jenkins and even Kornheiser.

I stick mostly to Wilbon, Maske, Redskin beat stuff and Wise (on occasion).

To Mr. Solomon,

Is Florida State Bush league?

What about any large college/university?

How about Navy or the armed forces schools?

How about Dallas, Green Bay, Baltimore, Philly?

Heck what about the Atlanta Braves and their "Tomahawk chops"......

Bush league?

If you think that the Redskins fans are that, then you are saying all of the above and others are that as well.

I know that the club level has humidors and areas for wine and caviar eating, but a Football game is not the place for 4 O'clock tea.

It is a place where fanatics (ie Fans) can cheer for their favorite team and their players. IT IS MADE TO BE LOUD!!!!!!!

Don't like it, get some headphones for Sunday or go to a stadium where the fans could care less if their team wins or not.

Kyle,

>

>

> Regards,

>

> George Solomon

>

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As I said before: George....sorry about the tickets, bro. Don't take it so personally.

Now...

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

HTTR!

Wow a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct? What sport does Mr. Solomon think this is? This isnt freakin Golf, its not Polo. We arent standing in the stadium dressed in nice outfits softly clapping our hands saying "tallyho!" in a british accent. This is football. The goal of the fans is to cheer. Wow. 12th man, come to life sunday.:D

Subterfuge.

George had to know what kind of reaction a statement like that would generate.

Then the skins homepage links to a sticky thread that everyone is reading and commenting on, getting all worked up and pledging to be even louder.

The plan is working as planned.

Then again, George could just have sensitive ears.

No, you guys have it all wrong. Solomon is right to question the fans' behavior.

You do realize that all of the noise interrupted his cellphone call to his stockbroker during the game? And because of all of you rowdy hooligans, all of the commotion caused him to spill his pinot noir in the pressbox, thereby spoiling his fine selection of international cheeses?

Furthermore, all of the screaming and yelling made a few of the players on the Bears cry. The unadulterated howling of the fans was a very frightening thing for certain of the players, who have rightfully requested anonymity. Respect their feelings.

This uncouth, so-called "bush league" behavior must stop.

I agree...... "NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!!" SNIDER SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE LEAGUE FOR HAVING 90,000 SEATS IN ONE STADIUM. I MEAN WHAT DOES HE THINK THIS IS A BUSH LEAGUE OR SUMTHIN?? :laugh: :point2sky

I just saw this, and he got what he wanted. A reactionary response. I emailed him this.

"Subject: It's football George, not polo

nor is it golf, croquet, or any other sport with a

pompous air to it. So get off your high and mighty,

and be glad Gibbs has led the team to a 2-0 season

thus far. Or, perhaps you'd rather grab your sun

dress and parasol as you prance your way onto a green.

-Ki

From St. Louis"

I think Mr. solomon should leave the country immediately and go to ... say...England,no no that wont do, they have American football now. How about Canada no no they have football too, albeit- canadian football. I know! Australia... NOPE! Rugby.I've got it. France !! He will, I'm sure, fit right in. He can go bye a chocolate croissant and shove it right up his bush league a-- ! Coach Gibb's is the greatess, Solomon is nothing. Advise to Mr. nothing stay home on Sunday... go get your nails done with the rest of the Ladies! Signed the FRICKING 12TH MAN!!!

It jsut surprises me as to what Soloman was expecting from the fans at a football game. I mean, cheering, being loud, the people who attend these games are applying for jobs or asking for somebody's daughters hand in marriage, they are cheering for a football team. And if that is bush league, I don't want to go to another league.

Are we to assume this guy got picked last in gym class or played soccer in high school (wait, I played soccer...)? Or could it be that he's an Arizona Cardinals fan that got booed out of the NFC East where real football teams play? Perhaps a Montreal Expos fan that's used to having 600 local bums wander in to catch a little sleep...well not anymore. Go Nationals!

The essence of sports are the fans to support their team...without the fans, why would they play? After all, sports are entertainment...not to mention that sports give this guy something to write about and keep him employed as a sports analyst (?).

Well analyze this...Redskins games have been sold out since the beginning of the franchise because we have dedicated fans, LOUD fans. Don't expect that to change. I'd like to see the band strike up a few more chords of Hail to the Redskins once our offense starts clicking and make it even louder.

:eaglesuck

Here's my :2cents: .

Archived