Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's to being bush league on Sunday.

Art

Well... is there or isn't there a rule on the books about home team noise anymore? Seems like the home team used to be charged timeouts if the noise was too loud. But this is the first I've heard of a 15 yard pentalty. Does anyone know?

(pretty sad when we can't trust the WP Sports section to provide us with this info)

What else has George wrote over the years that's got us all this upset?

Granted, that this blurb alone is worth mocking. But, I'm just wondering if he's written other such nonsense in the past?

Other than picking the Redskins to finish in last place with a worse record than last year and questioning Joe Gibbs' decision making as well as his integrity? Nothing.

(pretty sad when we can't trust the WP Sports section to provide us with this info)

You still trust the WP to provide us with unbiased info? I stopped doing that about 8 months or so ago. It's a shame too because I used to really value and respect their opinions and stories now it just seems like most of the columnists and beat writers just phone it in or write blatantly inflammatory palavar.

For the Redskins to even consider this 2-0 start as something deserved would be ridiculous. This team should be 0-2 or 1-1 at best. But 2-0 is a bit amazing. I hope players in that locker room don't think that the offense is anything but way below average. For gods sake USC has a better offense than we do. I recommend the Skins find ways to expose the middle of the field. WR's RUN YOUR ROUTES AND GET OPEN. It is horribley sad to watch how bad you guys run your routes. I watch the replays on TV and 90% of the time your backs are to the QB when he is getting drilled. DOES ANYONE WANT THE BALL? Being a bystander and understanding the game makes it obvious that this offense is a D group. EXPLODE off the ball O-Line, give CP some running lanes.....and I mean big lanes like they do for Priest!!!! The line WINS games not anyone else.

Mark push the ball down field- stop with the check downs - its so sad that we spend the majority of the game checking down. AND remember MARK - THROW into the BLITZ- why can't you do that?????? Go play ARENA for a year and learn like Warner to do that.

Thinks must change!!!!!!!!!!!! It is ridiculous that you professionals can't get this done. This has nothing to do with practice or scheming- it has to do with swagger!!! Do you want to win or collect a pay check. I guess we will see on Sunday. Does anyone want to make a difference?

I wish someone would read this in the locker room- maybe someone would respond!

An honest FAN!!!

Also, if he saw that Denver game last night, he should file a complaint with the league, and the same goes for last MNF against the Cowboys. Actually, he should petition for a wall of sound proof glass to be installed in every stadium except Baltimore's, as their D is so good that crowd noise wouldn't matter. What a jerk off. I used to like the Post, and I still don't like the times, so thank God for redskins.com and extremeskins.

For the Redskins to even consider this 2-0 start as something deserved would be ridiculous. This team should be 0-2 or 1-1 at best. But 2-0 is a bit amazing. I hope players in that locker room don't think that the offense is anything but way below average. For gods sake USC has a better offense than we do. I recommend the Skins find ways to expose the middle of the field. WR's RUN YOUR ROUTES AND GET OPEN. It is horribley sad to watch how bad you guys run your routes. I watch the replays on TV and 90% of the time your backs are to the QB when he is getting drilled. DOES ANYONE WANT THE BALL? Being a bystander and understanding the game makes it obvious that this offense is a D group. EXPLODE off the ball O-Line, give CP some running lanes.....and I mean big lanes like they do for Priest!!!! The line WINS games not anyone else.

Mark push the ball down field- stop with the check downs - its so sad that we spend the majority of the game checking down. AND remember MARK - THROW into the BLITZ- why can't you do that?????? Go play ARENA for a year and learn like Warner to do that.

Thinks must change!!!!!!!!!!!! It is ridiculous that you professionals can't get this done. This has nothing to do with practice or scheming- it has to do with swagger!!! Do you want to win or collect a pay check. I guess we will see on Sunday. Does anyone want to make a difference?

An honest FAN!!!

Are you lost? This thread is for Soloman's article, not Redskins bashing. Go to an Iggles site if you're gonna do that. Oh and how many yards did Priest get last night against a shaky Bronco D? I'm sick of people like you always finding something to gripe about, even when we win. A win in Dallas is a win in Dallas, and without Antonio Brown, we would have shut out the Bears. SMBs dude.

Ya know this just goes to show that some columnist have nothing productive to do on their jobs and get obvious brain farts in the middle of composing an article ... " Gibbs bush league for thanking fans"????? Thats comical

More like "Solomon bush league for writting the column" :laugh:

Quote:

What I do not agree with is Gibbs congratulating the fans at FedEx Field for making so much noise Bears QB Kyle Orton had trouble getting off his plays. I call that behavior bush league. In similar situations at NFL stadiums, the QB should step back and wait for the noise to subside, or until the home team is hit with a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

not only that but when these fans stand up and scream after a TD the team should be nailed with a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty or maybe the TD should be taken away.

MORON.......IDIOT.....or maybe just a comedian?

While I agree it was just an assinine thing to write, I think Solomon's point was: Gibbs congratulating the fans on making noise - something that should be automatic and not in need of congratulations - was bush league (not making noise in and of itself).

I'd almost agree with you Dog, but for the fact Solomon wrote about the penalty possibility. Clearly he was saying that BY encouraging the fans to be loud Gibbs is risking a potential unsportsmanlike penalty -- a penalty RARELY called. In any case, it's just a strange thing to have written.

An honest FAN!!!

WRONG POST, WRONG FORUM, WRONG ANALYISIS...

THE REDSKINS ARE 2-0 FOR A REASON. GO WATCH THE FILM AND INTERPRET THE MANY THINGS THAT THEY ARE DOING CORRECTLY. I WOULD EXPLAIN FURTHER BUT HEY THIS POST IS ABOUT THE COLUMN REFERING TO GIBBS AS BUSH LEAUGE FOR THANKING FANS FOR THE ONFIELD SUPPORT.

WRONG POST, WRONG FORUM, WRONG ANALYISIS...

THE REDSKINS ARE 2-0 FOR A REASON. GO WATCH THE FILM AND INTERPRET THE MANY THINGS THAT THEY ARE DOING CORRECTLY. I WOULD EXPLAIN FURTHER BUT HEY THIS POST IS ABOUT THE COLUMN REFERING TO GIBBS AS BUSH LEAUGE FOR THANKING FANS FOR THE ONFIELD SUPPORT.

caps.jpg

Thanks. :)

No, you guys have it all wrong. Solomon is right to question the fans' behavior.

You do realize that all of the noise interrupted his cellphone call to his stockbroker during the game? And because of all of you rowdy hooligans, all of the commotion caused him to spill his pinot noir in the pressbox, thereby spoiling his fine selection of international cheeses?

Furthermore, all of the screaming and yelling made a few of the players on the Bears cry. The unadulterated howling of the fans was a very frightening thing for certain of the players, who have rightfully requested anonymity. Respect their feelings.

This uncouth, so-called "bush league" behavior must stop.

Archived