Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here's to being bush league on Sunday.

Art

I remember that penalty of the crowd noise. It has been enforced at times in the past. The only thing I saw come of it is that it only entices the crowd to become louder. Referees know this and will instruct the QB to call the play. Referees have

warned Head Coaches also usually with the Head Coach throwing up his hands with

"What the hell can I do about it?" The funniest part of what I can remember is hearin the crowd settle down, then only get louder on the next play. The penalty only recognizes that the fans are making a diffense and eggs them on.

That may be the stupidest piece of literature I have ever read and I think my IQ dropped a few points just from reading it.

Relax Raub, it's only temporary!

I can't believe someone wrote that seriously, either. That wasn't an Onion article? The noise is the whole point of a homefield advantage! When I'm in the stands, it's part of my job to make as much noise as possible. As a visiting team, it will be our job to take the crowd out of the game by scoring early. If we can't do that, we'll have a noisy environment. It's part of the game.

Maybe the Post editorial board is crusading to convert football into cricket?

Wouldn't it be great if all these "experts" that has us going 5-11 come up with this ultimate excuse?

"The only reason the Skins had a winning season and made it into the playoffs is because of their cheating fans making so much noice at FEDEX stadium that opposing offenses couldn't call plays. That was just dispicable to see and more so because it was allowed. Just because the Skins happen to have the biggest stadium in the league it doesn't give the right to their fans to give them such an advantange. The league needs to come up with a solution soon or else we will have below average teams as the skins make it to the playoffs every year while experts like us get our opinions twisted and made fools. I mean how can we account for these noise levels? The skins suck and so do their cheating fans".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Relax Raub, it's only temporary!

I can't believe someone wrote that seriously, either. That wasn't an Onion article? The noise is the whole point of a homefield advantage! When I'm in the stands, it's part of my job to make as much noise as possible. As a visiting team, it will be our job to take the crowd out of the game by scoring early. If we can't do that, we'll have a noisy environment. It's part of the game.

Maybe the Post editorial board is crusading to convert football into cricket?

Even a fan of the Seahawks realizes how idiotic this is. Pretty funny. Today is pile on old George day. Few are more deserving :).

I remember that penalty of the crowd noise. It has been enforced at times in the past. The only thing I saw come of it is that it only entices the crowd to become louder. Referees know this and will instruct the QB to call the play. Referees have

warned Head Coaches also usually with the Head Coach throwing up his hands with

"What the hell can I do about it?" The funniest part of what I can remember is hearin the crowd settle down, then only get louder on the next play. The penalty only recognizes that the fans are making a diffense and eggs them on.

I had always thought that the peanlty was for a defensive player encouraging more noise by waving his arms.

Interesting thing will be the reaction when, I repeat when, the fans play an important part again. Does George or someone else in the editorial staff continue to extend their criticism of the team to the fans or let it go this time by simply sulking.

Wow...can't believe that Bozo actually put that in writing????

I can see it now....football becoming like golf....

Al Michaels WHISPERS "Brunnell throwing long to Moss again..."

...or....

Tony Siragusa reporting from the sideline tells of an admonishing a fan in row 3 received from Gibbs after the fan cheered when Sean Taylor leveled Terrell Owens :doh:

George Solomon is a dork. I bet Solomon has thrown many passes in a football game right? Just take your desk jockey ass back to the library and camp out and read books or whatever you did when you were a wannabe athlete. I grow tired of the people who never played a lick of sports in their life talk about what's the best for a team or what was incorrect. Just shut up!!

That article has to be a joke...it must be....it just cant be legit. Does this dope realize that WE literally MADE A DIFFERENCE??? The Bears were nearing FG range and got penalized 3 straight times which sealed their fate (essentially) and kept them way out of kicking range!!!!! What a joke!!!!!!!

With that.....along w/UnWise Mikeass's article regarding the Redskins name change (oh by the way during DALLAS week), Kornheiser's constant complaining & whining comedic act and the coverage of the Balcomore zerO's on a daily basis the Post has gotten to be unreadable.

It's about time us fans at FedEx finally kicked it up a notch (or two, or ...) This stadium is so huge, if we did that at every game it would probably give us an extra win or two each season. In the past, at times the stadium has been quiet like a church mouse. Let's keep the volume pumped up for the team, and HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Hey, um, Art... did you see this?

http://www.redskins.com/

Check out Story Numero Uno... is this your doing?

That's pretty neat :).

I can't say that it is my doing, no.

The team obviously reads this site as we know :). I think they are interested in putting out areas we discuss that not only seem to be interesting to us but that help add to the discussion and bring issues out to a wider audience. We've asked them to build more of a bind between the main site and our site, so, I think this is an effort on their part to offer fans who might want to stop over an easy way to do so.

I imagine areas like this may be more regular and is certainly a good thing in our view as to how we'd hoped the merger would help facilitate greater discussion with fans.

I noticed there are an awful lot of guests suddenly on the board :)

Maybe Solomon lost some tickets in the Great WP Ticket Purge. ;)

Yes, there are.

That direct link certainly just added hundreds of people to the mix, didn't it :).

Art.

Archived