Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Wrong with Alex Smith?

NoVaSkins21

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Does Kirk get a special banner or helmet sticker for that?

No.

But if his team ever gets into a shoot out, they know they have a QB that CAN stay with the other team.

With Alex, they know they can't.

And that does actually mean something.

3 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Nope, just $84 million dollars fully guaranteed.  Most valuable of all, you get the hell away from Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen.

Dayum!

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

That's funny. I already called it quits on Reed. :ols:

I dropped him this week and picked up Kittle.

So naturally, this will be the week Reed goes off (hopefully).

Oh, if Kittle was avail I’d have already called it quits.  This is in my highest buy-in league where the whole league are vultures.  The waiver wire is ugly.

11 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Add to that a worse defense and zero running game. B&W is so far from being objective, I don't even bother with him anymore.

There is this little thing I have that is lacking from some of you called acceptance. 

Can we go in our way back machines and keep the last guy? Nope so I accept that Alex is the QB that runs the best team in the league.

Silly to me to be talking about something none of us can change as if that was reversible. Imo

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Serious question.  Is there any outcome today that would not result in the trashing of Alex Smith by our usual suspects?

You should define trashing vs. calling out valid concerns. 

But to your actual question - I have no numbers in mind because it's more nuanced than that. I want to see a guy that is calm and in control. I want to see someone who is at least challenging the D down field some. I want to see a guy not looking so flustered while in the pocket. 

If his numbers are just OK (15 of 25- 200 yds, 1 TD 1 int for example) but it's because of game plan or the flow of the game but he starts showing a better command of the offense and being at least a little more aggressive then I will be happy - especially if it turns into a win. 

I fully expected a slight drop off in QB play but was Ok with the trade because I did not feel it would be a huge drop off. The loss of a few big plays with the trade off of fewer TOs and negative plays. 

He has delivered on the lower TOs and negative plays. But the big plays are all but gone. 

Just now, bobandweave said:

There is this little thing I have that is lacking from some of you called acceptance. 

Can we go in our way back machines and keep the last guy? Nope so I accept that Alex is the QB that runs the best team in the league.

Silly to me to be talking about something none of us can change as if that was reversible. Imo

What's silly is that you can't even use his name. It's Kirk Cousins. You sound like the dopes that won't call this team "Redskins".

Honestly, it's pathetic.

2 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Of all your takes, this is the weirdest one to me.  As Redskins fans, we have no choice but to accept a lot of things.  Furthermore, I think most of us have accepted that the QB situation is what it is.  Which is why much of the fanbase is very ho-hum.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You should define trashing vs. calling out valid concerns. 

But to your actual questions - I have no numbers in mind because it's more nuanced than that. I want to see a guy that is calm and in control. I want to see someone who is a at least challenging the D down field some. I want to see a guy not looking so flustered while in the pocket. 

This.  No happy feet. Which inevitably would lead to better stats.  

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

What's silly is that you can't even use his name. It's Kirk Cousins. You sound like the dopes that won't call this team "Redskins".

Honestly, it's pathetic.

I have been warned about bring his name up so I won’t do that. It’s pathetic that you know who I’m speaking about and wrote that. Deal with it.

I’m talking about what’s real and who’s running the team now while you upset about a decision that’s damn near a year old as if it could be changed today when it can’t. Seems to me someone can’t deal with reality. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Of all your takes, this is the weirdest one to me.  As Redskins fans, we have no choice but to accept a lot of things.  Furthermore, I think most of us have accepted that the QB situation is what it is.  Which is why much of the fanbase is very ho-hum.

The other thing B&W doesn't seem to "accept" is that the Kirk debacle is directly tied to Bruce Allen, someone that a large amount of the fan base wants gone. So, it's a subject that comes up, because Bruce is still here. I've also accepted that Smith is a downgrade at the position. I wonder if Ole 'B&W has done that yet?

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The last sentence makes no sense to me. Was the fan base not ho hum when the last guy was losing games to the 1-15 Giants? Of course it was. You acting like the last guy energized the fan base. He did when he led the comeback against Tampa then it was ho hum for the next two years

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

The other thing B&W doesn't seem to "accept" is that the Kirk debacle is directly tied to Bruce Allen, someone that a large amount of the fan base wants gone. So, it's a subject that comes up, because Bruce is still here. I've also accepted that Smith is a downgrade at the position. I wonder if Ole 'B&W has done that yet?

Anyone who has paid attention to what I’ve said here is that Bruce Allen is a pos and shoulda been fired a long time ago. Trying to paint me in a pro Bruce Allen corner ain’t the truth

4 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

I have been warned about bring his name up so I won’t do that. It’s pathetic that you know who I’m speaking about and wrote that. Deal with it.

I’m talking about what’s real and who’s running the team now while you upset about a decision that’s damn near a year old as if it could be changed today when it can’t. Seems to me someone can’t deal with reality. 

When were you warned? I'm not buying that. And it's pathetic because we all know why you won't say his name. And most of us want Bruce out, and that is just one of the reasons, so deal with that reality.

5 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

The lack of a time machine has nothing to do with your false narrative of Cousins. The fact that you are trying to use the same certain situations (even preemptively) to excuse and/or validate Smith's inexcusable play that you scoffed at when Cousins had to deal with those same situations and said they weren't excuses also has nothing to do with lacking a time machine.  Your disingenuous comments about Cousins time and time again have nothing to do with not having a time machine either, nor does it have anything to do with how you want to claim that you admit when your wrong, as you said to @Morneblade, when your posting history proves that every time your nonsense has been put straight you either attack the poster by calling them names and/or you stick your fingers in your ears like a child and keep posting the same crap over and over again, acting like you haven't been proven wrong time and time again.  Again, if you weren't so hypocritical with your posts you might be taken seriously around here.

7 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

If that bolded part was true, then you would still be in violation of the warning.  Not using his name doesn't hide the fact that you are continuing to talk about him. Seriously, how old are you?

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

When were you warned? I'm not buying that. And it's pathetic because we all know why you won't say his name. And most of us want Bruce out, and that is just one of the reasons, so deal with that reality.

You don’t have to buy jack anything, sorry to burst your bubble but my fandom to this team doesn’t need to jive with your fandom. I don’t answer to you we all answer to the guys who run this place. And while my opinions may ruffle your feathers because they are opposite on something’s and we don’t see eye to eye on everything I’m not going to shut up and cower to someone who thinks differently then I do. 

Point is that while Alex has his flaws and hasn’t played good or great this year I still think that given the options 

Pay a guy the highest contract guarenteed in the league who hasn’t won anything and choked in games that he should have won

Or 

Move onto another cheaper player 

They made the right call. The results after half a season compared to years past support that decision. Sorry you don’t like that but it’s my opinion

5 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

@Morneblade

If that bolded part was true, then you would still be in violation of the warning.  Not using his name doesn't hide the fact that you are continuing to talk about him. Seriously, how old are you?

He hasn't been warned. One of the Mods (I think it was @thesubmittedone) had mentioned that they might at some point ban talking about Kirk in all thread but the Bruce Allen thread, because it was very relevant there. But on one was warned about it, and that has not been enacted. He's just triggered by it is all.

9 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

The lack of a time machine has nothing to do with your false narrative of Cousins. The fact that you are trying to use the same certain situations (even preemptively) to excuse and/or validate Smith's inexcusable play that you scoffed at when Cousins had to deal with those same situations and said they weren't excuses also has nothing to do with lacking a time machine.  Your disingenuous comments about Cousins time and time again have nothing to do with not having a time machine either, nor does it have anything to do with how you want to claim that you admit when your wrong, as you said to @Morneblade, when your posting history proves that every time your nonsense has been put straight you either attack the poster by calling them names and/or you stick your fingers in your ears like a child and keep posting the same crap over and over again, acting like you haven't been proven wrong time and time again.  Again, if you weren't so hypocritical with your posts you might be taken seriously around here.

Prove that anything you just said there is the truth. I dare you. When have I been proven wrong in anything here? I will wait for it

You wanna bring up the past prove this or your just making crap up and I have no time for that. 

With that said you just trying to make this personnel because I don’t think like you and who cares? No one. These personnel attacks have nothing to do with Alex Smith. This is about Alex Smith to me. When he does well the team wins 5-3 is the record

Keep wanting him to be cut and keep being frustrated it ain’t gonna happen. I will be on the other side hoping and wishing for more Redskins victories and laughing at your frustration. 

49 minutes ago, bobandweave said:

Prove that anything you just said there is the truth. I dare you. When have I been proven wrong in anything here? I will wait for it

You wanna bring up the past prove this or your just making crap up and I have no time for that. 

With that said you just trying to make this personnel because I don’t think like you and who cares? No one. These personnel attacks have nothing to do with Alex Smith. This is about Alex Smith to me. When he does well the team wins 5-3 is the record

Keep wanting him to be cut and keep being frustrated it ain’t gonna happen. I will be on the other side hoping and wishing for more Redskins victories and laughing at your frustration. 

Hahaha!  Seriously?  So, you just said on the last page that you admit when you're wrong and then you post the first bolded gem above!  I would expect this in the script for a new Dumb and Dumber movie.  You want proof: http://es.redskins.com/profile/216317-bobandweave/content/ there is every post in every thread you've ever made.  As I said, your posting history is the proof, and there it is.  How about some proof that you've been warned not to bring up Kirk Cousins?  Don't worry, I won't hold my breath on waiting for that.  Just more dodging and lying on your part, no doubt.

The second bolded part is more proof to how disingenuous you are in your posting. The only thing that 5-3 record has to do with the play of Alex Smith is that we could possibly have one or two more wins if he had played like a real QB.  This team has won despite the play of Alex Smith.  Even most of the Alex supporters would admit that.  Because, that is the truth: something you don't seem interested in talking about it or dealing with!

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is in my highest buy-in league where the whole league are vultures.

Sorry to take this offtopic, but that's why pay leagues are better.  Not for the gambling aspect (you can get that at slot machines), but because people take it seriously and don't just abandon when their team starts off 1-3.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Bucs defense still looks bad, but color me shocked.  5 field goals might win this one.  That under is looking real tasty.

Alex being Alex.  A real QB would have us up at least 17 - 3 t the half here.  He is just bad.  There is no other word for it, at least not one that is as nice.

Archived