Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs cowboys for First Place in The NFC East

Spearfeather

10 minutes ago, zskins said:

Forget when we beat the cowgirls last. Toss those damn stats out....

The Skins WILL beat the cowgirls and then the gmen the following week!!! 

IT IS ****ING DALLAS WEEK! HOW DARE YOU SAY DALLAS WILL WIN!!!!

HTTR!

Tell us how you really feel...

31 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

At first I looked at the schedule and thought "Well at least it's on CBS so I don't have to deal with the Dimmer Twins calling it", but then I realized that CBS has their own Cowboy booth homer in Tony Romo now.

We need this one... bad.

We'll just have the Dimmer Twins ruin Thanksgiving instead

Stopped by Kmart to see if they had any shoes gels on the cheap, since they are going out of business. An old lady was holding up two cowgirls t-shirts and telling people it is not for me it is for my grand kids. I gave her a smirk and just shook my head. She felt embarrassed... Even old ladies are going to get my scorn on Dallas Week.... lol

It's only October, but I do love the "stakes" in this game. A little piece of me awakens some when a Cowboys Redskins game means something...even just a little. 

Both games in 2012 and the December game in 2005 are recent examples of big games late in the year. But, we had an early-season game in September in 2011 that I was so fired up for. In the end we lost, but I remember thinking it was a pretty important early-season matchup. I was wrong, btw, because we ended the year 5-11 (not very good). 

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

I half think that CT and Crowder being out forced Gruden to put an emphasis outside the hashmarks.  I just hope he still gameplans out there once those guys come back, because it'll open up a lot. 

Doctson and Richardson had a combined 6 catches for 51 yards. 

Harris 3 catches for a total of 13 yards.

Our pass offense runs through Reed and Davis still plus CT if he is back.

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Doctson and Richardson had a combined 6 catches for 51 yards. 

Harris 3 catches for a total of 13 yards.

Our pass offense runs through Reed and Davis still plus CT if he is back.

Right.. but the Davis TD was Reed OUTSIDE the hashmarks.... and Davis outside the safety over the top.  It wasn't a situation where we were constantly playing the ball underneath.  Richardson also got a TD because Reed was outside and drew 2 defenders.  On Davis' long out route, Reed was lined up as a WR and went in motion, then stayed in for pass pro.  When there is a threat outside, it opens up the offense, even if that threat is Reed or Davis.   We should be lining Reed / Davis up outside more often.  

10 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Right.. but the Davis TD was Reed OUTSIDE the hashmarks.... 

Just barely ? DAvis ran right down the hash and drifted outside to tack the ball in the end zone.

I do agree with you about lining Reed for sure outside more. It makes the defense declare coverage if nothing else.

15 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Redskins.  17

Cowboys.  13

Skins win in oooovvverrrrrtiiiiiime...this is the prediction thread 

So 10 10 to go to ot....then cowboys get the ball drive down the field and kick a fg and we drive to score a td? Wouldnt be 17 it would be 16. Unless it was 13 13 at the end of the 4th in which theres no way they could score 4 points lol.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Just barely ? DAvis ran right down the hash and drifted outside to tack the ball in the end zone.

I do agree with you about lining Reed for sure outside more. It makes the defense declare coverage if nothing else.

But Reed was lined up as a WR was the bigger point.  That we were actually presenting a viable threat on the outside.   Had we lined Doctson up outside, the Safety probably stays inside and is able to recover to that route.   Instead Doctson shifted across and was lined up off Davis' hip.  

Just now, OVCChairman said:

But Reed was lined up as a WR was the bigger point.  That we were actually presenting a viable threat on the outside.   Had we lined Doctson up outside, the Safety probably stays inside and is able to recover to that route.   Instead Doctson shifted across and was lined up off Davis' hip.  

I get it and agree with you here. But it kind of makes my point that no one is frightened by our receivers - they are adjusting coverages to take away Reed and CT (when he plays) much more than Richardson and Doctson. If we are going to end the year with a winning record we are going to have to make teams pay for that approach at some point.

I actually thought Doctson did pretty well Sunday. Although his production was not good the ctaches he made were tough contested catches. And he was clearly way less than 100% but toughed it out. When Doctson does run that fly route with single coverage it would be nice of Smith threw the ball inbounds to give him a chance rather than 10 feet out of bounds.

25 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I get it and agree with you here. But it kind of makes my point that no one is frightened by our receivers - they are adjusting coverages to take away Reed and CT (when he plays) much more than Richardson and Doctson. If we are going to end the year with a winning record we are going to have to make teams pay for that approach at some point.

I actually thought Doctson did pretty well Sunday. Although his production was not good the ctaches he made were tough contested catches. And he was clearly way less than 100% but toughed it out. When Doctson does run that fly route with single coverage it would be nice of Smith threw the ball inbounds to give him a chance rather than 10 feet out of bounds.

Absolutely.. and we need to do similar things this weekend.  I have very little confidence in Doc at this point, and I'm actually more inclined to try to see what Amari Cooper would cost us.  I think he could be a big piece of the puzzle, making defenses respect the outside on BOTH sides of the field... it would actually open things up even more on the inside for Crowder / Thompson / Reed / Davis / Peterson.  That's 5 good weapons we can use, add Cooper / Richardson on the outside... the safeties are going to be all over themselves trying to figure out where to go.  

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Absolutely.. and we need to do similar things this weekend.  I have very little confidence in Doc at this point, and I'm actually more inclined to try to see what Amari Cooper would cost us.  I think he could be a big piece of the puzzle, making defenses respect the outside on BOTH sides of the field... it would actually open things up even more on the inside for Crowder / Thompson / Reed / Davis / Peterson.  That's 5 good weapons we can use, add Cooper / Richardson on the outside... the safeties are going to be all over themselves trying to figure out where to go.  

Agreed, I would make a move for Cooper. What would it take? It's rare a 24 year old talented WR is on the market, that's one of those moves that could really free up the rest of the off-season for us next year. Plus we have the Gruden connection. And we know we put an offer for Gordon in, right?

1 minute ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Agreed, I would make a move for Cooper. What would it take? It's rare a 24 year old talented WR is on the market, that's one of those moves that could really free up the rest of the off-season for us next year. Plus we have the Gruden connection. And we know we put an offer for Gordon in, right?

I think we talked.. dont know that I heard we made an official offer... but i'm joe schmoe so we may have... and yes it's rare that a 24 year old of his caliber comes available.. I don't love his number for next year... base salary is near $14 mil if im not mistaken, but given last season's lack of success, i'm sure a re-negotiation / extension can be talked about.  I dont want to give up a ton for him, but I'd be hard pressed to pass up if they want a 5th or lower.  

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I think we talked.. dont know that I heard we made an official offer... but i'm joe schmoe so we may have... and yes it's rare that a 24 year old of his caliber comes available.. I don't love his number for next year... base salary is near $14 mil if im not mistaken, but given last season's lack of success, i'm sure a re-negotiation / extension can be talked about.  I dont want to give up a ton for him, but I'd be hard pressed to pass up if they want a 5th or lower.  

They have to want more than that. I would do a third I think. I usually hate the idea of trading picks for players but this would definitely be different. 

6 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

They have to want more than that. I would do a third I think. I usually hate the idea of trading picks for players but this would definitely be different. 

Probably, a 3rd would be a lot to think about, since hes only under contract through next year, and next year is a BIG number.   I'd want to talk to him about that extension, as he hasn't even reached his prime yet.  

While of course it's Dallas week, this isn't like it was in 2012.  Week 17 actually FOR the division when Morris just ran all over them.

Being in first place after Week 7 is like celebrating your 10K win during a marathon.

Let's wait for quadruple zeroes at the end of Week 17's final period before we get excited about being in first.

6 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

So 10 10 to go to ot....then cowboys get the ball drive down the field and kick a fg and we drive to score a td? Wouldnt be 17 it would be 16. Unless it was 13 13 at the end of the 4th in which theres no way they could score 4 points lol.

How about Skins getting 2 safeties in overtime?  Does that work?  ?

PS:  Just looked it up...that doesn't work, per NFLs overtime rules.

A.R. 16.19 SAFETY
Third-and-5 on A7. On the opening possession of overtime, A1 is tackled in his own end zone for a safety.
Ruling: Game over. Team B wins. Both teams have met the minimum requirements for possession.

Archived