Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Why do u even care?  FSU will be just fine.  Hell, if anything you should be enjoying our down years.  Cause you know that won’t last for long.  :cheers:

I don’t care and I am enjoying it since it gave us our 3rd ever win over you guys. I’m sure they will be juggernauts again by the next time we play and we will still be standing their with our dicks in our hands, clueless 

:kickcan:

I've watched this game since the beginning. Oregon has shot themselves in the foot the whole game. If they win this game in OT I'll be amazed. They have to be so deflated.

And they lose.

If you are the coach you have to do the math and maybe take a knee. You can't expect your RB to fumble but still. 

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Uh why are they playing AT ODU?

7 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Salt in the wound I suppose. Bad enough they gotta lose to a crap team, they also are going to lose in that crap teams high school ass stadium 

7 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

True story. I went to ODU my first year of college. They didn't have football then. I'm old..but not that old.

Seriously though..I don't understand how or why they are playing there.

Tech is playing there because both schools agreed to a long home and home series after ODU made the transition from FCS to FBS back in 2013-2014, I believe 2 more games at Blacksburg than Norfolk, through 2031.  The 757 is a breeding ground for talent and Beamer thought it would be good for recruiting to play in Norfolk.  He couldn't he foreseen that the product VT brought to Norfolk would be as MTGTM puts it as "crap".  Also, there is quite a large Tech alumni/fan base in the 757, as the crowd was probably made up of 35-40% Tech fans, so I would assume Tech are playing at ODU for the benefit of the fans in Hampton Roads.

The stadium is mostly original from the 1930's and will be getting a much needed facelift this upcoming offseason, but I have a feeling you wouldn't be as made playing in our "crap teams high school stadium" if Tech hadn't gotten rain over by our offense constantly throughout the game and on every series in the 4th quarter when we put up 28 points on Bud Foster's vaunted defense.  I'm guessing someone on the defense forgot to bring the magical lunch pail on the cross commonwealth bus trip?

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

If you are the coach you have to do the math and maybe take a knee. You can't expect your RB to fumble but still. 

The situation was 1st and 10, ball was snapped at 1:35.   I'll be honest, I don't watch as much college football, so I'm not as in tune with the rules. 

You kneel on first down, Stanford takes a TO, you're at 1:30 on second down. 

Second knee, runs down to 50 seconds.

Third knee, runs down to <10 seconds.

You can't take a knee on 4th down, the clock would stop at the change of possession. 

So MAYBE it's ok they didn't take a knee on first down.  Rn 1 play that takes 7 or 8 seconds.  But after that, you can probably kill the clock with knees. 

I dunno, it's close, but I would have opted for the safest way to do it, even if you don't expect your RB to fumble.  You KNOW that the entire defense is going after the ball on every play, so there's a chance...

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

What's the scuttle on Fuentes kicking another defensive starter off the team (this time Sunday morning)? Bad grades? 

Read some comments on the key play message board; definitely hearsay but the scuttle is he got into a fight in the locker room after the game, and something about talking back to a strength coach and saying his kid (who has Down syndrome) is retarded. 

Well, as much as I love my Nittany Lions, I have a feeling the dream ends this Saturday.  Ohio State is pretty solid and our defense is young.  Next year is more likely for us to make a run for the playoff.

That said, I will absolutely be in here talking a bunch of **** about running the table if they manage to beat the Buckeyes.

20 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

CONTEXT?

After I posted that yesterday, Le Batard made me laugh out loud by saying that Virginia Tech is always going to be in the Top 25 while never winning a game of consequence. Everyone agreed that they will finish 18th this year, because they always finish 18th.

As his producer said, "The dream's not dead. They're going to win 5 or 6 straight conference games before not winning anything. And then they'll finish 18th."

It was just such a perfect summation of VT's bland version of inconsequential excellence.

14 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

After I posted that yesterday, Le Batard made me laugh out loud by saying that Virginia Tech is always going to be in the Top 25 while never winning a game of consequence. Everyone agreed that they will finish 18th this year, because they always finish 18th.

As his producer said, "The dream's not dead. They're going to win 5 or 6 straight conference games before not winning anything. And then they'll finish 18th."

It was just such a perfect summation of VT's bland version of inconsequential excellence.

That could be the most insightful thing I've heard out of sports media in 2 decades. 

Archived