Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

David Sills might catch 25tds this year. I'm not sure he can be covered by college CB's.

He also dropped one.  :angry:

Not sure I've ever seen a QB throw for 430 yards and 5 TDs when he spent the entire first half shaking off the off season rust.  

A Tennessee alum friend of mine texted me at halftime that "we got a game on our hands" or some such.  I haven't responded back; I don't think anything needs to be said. 

I think the big story for that game was the defense, specifically the defensive line.  They pretty much dominated outside of the one 9 minute, 17 play drive that was as long and as exciting as a round of sober golf.  The transfers played great, Rose and Donahue did what they were supposed to do, and both Still bros contributed.  Which is good because we are already down to 2 good linebackers.  We had 12 TFL, the majority came from linemen.  If the defense is average, we are going to win a lot of ballgames.  

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think the big story for that game was the defense, specifically the defensive line.  They pretty much dominated outside of the one 9 minute, 17 play drive that was as long and as exciting as a round of sober golf.  The transfers played great, Rose and Donahue did what they were supposed to do, and both Still bros contributed.  Which is good because we are already down to 2 good linebackers.  We had 12 TFL, the majority came from linemen.  If the defense is average, we are going to win a lot of ballgames.  

I think the biggest takeaway is you played what is possibly the worst team in the SEC. I don’t think they win a single conference game this year. 

9 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Meh. I think they'll beat UK and Vandy.

Vandy beat them 42-24 last season, when Tennessee had much more talent. Tennessee hasn't won a conference game since 11/19/2016 against Missouri.

#25 Florida

@#3Georgia

@#7 Auburn

#1Alabama

@#24 South Carolina

Kentucky

Missouri

@Vanderbilt

They will start 0-5 in conference, and I see maybe 2 wins.

Now, compare that to Vandy's conference schedule:

#24 South Carolina

@#3 Georgia

#25 Florida

@Kentucky

@Arkansas

@Missouri

Ole Miss

Tennessee

Not sure what conference schedules have to do with who wins a game head to head. 

But yea, Tennessee had the 20th-or-so (depending on the service) ranked recruiting class last year, but they were way too young in the secondary to deal with Grier.  Tennessee's Oline looked good on paper, they had an All-SEC freshman team guy last year and they are big, but they didn't seem to know what they were doing, probably due to a new scheme.  Not sure about Tennessee having much more talent last year, they didn't have anyone drafted until the 6th round, so it's tough to point to them losing a Saquon Barkley type guy.  

Anyways, don't kill my excitement after one game.  Let NC State do that in 2 weeks. :)

Hesring that the WVU/NC State game is going to be cancelled. WVU offered up all profits if the game was played instead in Morgantown but that was refused.

Small but possible chance that the game gets played Oct 13th (moving another WVU game back a few days) but I suspect it won't happen.

Too bad and I hope it doesn't hurt WVU and/or Grier at the end of the year.

Edit..not officially cancelled but it's looking that way right now.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hesring that the WVU/NC State game is going to be cancelled. WVU offered up all profits if the game was played instead in Morgantown but that was refused.

Small but possible chance that the game gets played Oct 13th (moving another WVU game back a few days) but I suspect it won't happen.

Too bad and I hope it doesn't hurt WVU and/or Grier at the end of the year.

Edit..not officially cancelled but it's looking that way right now.

Cancelled.

https://247sports.com/college/west-virginia/Article/West-Virginia-NC-State-football-game-cancelled-121751724/

Archived