Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 NCAA Football Thread

ixcuincle

Foster gets them playing good fundamental football.  They always cover and tackle well.  It's nice to see after watching god awful soft Redskins defense.

They had a lot of losses to the NFL but that VT defense from last season was legitimately one of the best in CFB and they still look very good.  The offense is ugly so their ceiling as a team is only going to be so high, but they're not going to be an easy fight for Boston College or Notre Dame or Miami.  Or Clemson, if they manage to win the division.

Jackson is a gamer though.  Not fluid or efficient from the pocket.  But tough and competitive.  He'll be pretty good in a year or two.

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

??

I think I’m good until Saturday  

Tech opened the season with a convincing win over FSU in Tallahasee while Miami got their butts kicked in their opener against a top 25 opponent.  Don't take this for granted.

This was an awesome opening weekend and it's going to be a fun season.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Tech opened the season with a convincing win over FSU in Tallahasee while Miami got their butts kicked in their opener against a top 25 opponent.  Don't take this for granted.

This was an awesome opening weekend and it's going to be a fun season.

Oh im not taking it for granted. 2 wins against FSU in our history and we dominated them on the road. It was a fantastic win. The defense and special teams were lighta out and the offense moved the ball effortlessly at times and showed flashes of what I hoped to see when Feunte took over. They have some things to clean up.

Im just not a big Jackson guy and constantly nervous and pessimistic after so much heartbreak and letdown 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wait,  @stevemcqueen1 you're a Hokies fan???????????

????

??????

I grew up a Tech fan.  My dad went there.  I was born outside Blacksburg and lived there as a kid until we moved to central VA.

I was die-hard growing up but I kind of got agnostic about the Hokies when it was college time for me and I thought I might attend UVA.  Felt weird rooting for the rival of the school I was thinking about going to.  Particularly since I knew I wasn't going to attend Tech.  But I ultimately decided to go to Richmond instead of UVA and I actually pull for both UVA and Tech in all sports now.

To make it even more confusing for me, I have strong family ties to both Clemson and Georgia Tech too, and I pull for all of their teams as well.  But I'd say that I pull a little harder for VT when they play each other.

Although I will say I didn't love watching my Spiders get killed by UVA this weekend, but I also wasn't expecting much of a competition.

Yep.  I don't really get the intense hatred for other schools that people have.  College sports are more, well, collegial for me.  I've got some kind of personal connection to half the schools in the ACC and a connection of some sort to almost every school with a D1 football team in VA.  I want to see all of them do well.

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I consider it a failure that there isn’t a better QB on the roster, or at least far enough along to start, that’s better than Jackson 

His stat line for the game wasn't bad:

16/26 (61.5%) 207 yards (8.0 yards/attempt), 2 TD, 0 INT, 153.8 rating

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

^ Why I didn't say anything Sunday, lol. Saw that **** coming a mile away. That, and I think BayouBrave is the only LSU guy around here.

Exactly.  Anybody that watched the Canes down the stretch last year knew better than to crow about that #8 preseason ranking.

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

#SeminolePride

What a criminal downgrade from the pictures of Seminole fans we'd all grown accustomed to.  

AP Top 25 poll

Alabama (48 first-place votes) 
Clemson (12) 
Georgia 
Ohio State 
Wisconsin (1)
Oklahoma 
Auburn 
Notre Dame 
Washington 
Stanford 
LSU