Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

We didn’t miss Mojo one bit this year lol. Orpik had to go with that contract but he was a key piece to the cup run this year. Hopefully he is an assistant for us one day. This tells me Grub had first round value but had to settle on a second with that anchor contract with Orpik. Great trade. 

1 minute ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Zero point zero percent chance the Islanders were giving up #12.

I didn't realize you were their GM. My bad. Good luck in the draft tonight 

1 minute ago, BayouBrave86 said:

We didn’t miss Mojo one bit this year lol. Orpik had to go with that contract but he was a key piece to the cup run this year. Hopefully he is an assistant for us one day. This tells me Grub had first round value but had to settle on a second with that anchor contract with Orpik. Great trade. 

We definitely didn’t miss MoJo at the end and especially since he was hurt. Still don’t want to have to trade cause of cap reasons. Agreed with your analysis on first round value.

I thought nobody would take Orpik’s contract.  Thankfully, Colorado exists.  I think a second rounder to get rid of that contract is worth it.

Besr of luck to both Grubauer and Orpik our there.  Hopefully Orpik provides some veteran leadership that Colorado desperately needs.

Man it's surreal, but awesome hearing players from other teams, talking about how bad they want the cup during the draft.

Take a seat, it's ours. God, that feels so good.

We're on the other side of things now. Champions.

The Throne is ours.

17 minutes ago, zoony said:

Wonder what effect Orpik leaving will have on Kuznetzovs motivation, if any

Evgeny is kind of a homely dude, of all people i could see something like this affecting him

Oh well good trade

Kuzzy is going to become one of the Capitals veteran leaders on the ice and in the locker room now he has definitely earned it 

Amazing how fast time flies, a few short seasons ago he was "the new  kid with great patience with the puck in the area between the circles "

Not anymore he is definitely one of the experienced leaders now

16 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

No. Time to get younger on the blue line. 

We've got guys in the pipeline, but the question is if they're ready.  We tried Bowey last year and he proved not to be ready.  Will he be ready this year?  Siegenthaler or Johanson?

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

We've got guys in the pipeline, but the question is if they're ready.  We tried Bowey last year and he proved not to be ready.  Will he be ready this year?  Siegenthaler or Johanson?

Djoos is ready now, so someone who can pair well with him.

If Reirdon is the coach then I have faith that he can make whoever the third pairing is to be effective.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Djoos is ready now, so someone who can pair well with him.

If Reirdon is the coach then I have faith that he can make whoever the third pairing is to be effective.

Yes, Djoos has proven he is an NHL player.  Of that I have no doubt.  Given that... Orpik has shown to pair well with Djoos.  If he could be had on a cheap one year deal, one would have to entertain the prospect.  Injuries will happen and give young guys an opportunity to show their mettle.

2 minutes ago, Mournblade said:

Forget Orpik. Orpik is 38 years old with no wheels left. Thanks for the memories, time to move on.

You're talking about the guy who scored the first ever Capitals Stanley Cup Final Game Winning Goal, and is a future 1st ballot Hall Of Famer.

Just now, Hersh said:

Hopefully Djoos can put on 20 pounds over the next couple seasons. He did great carrying the puck, but he got pushed around a lot. 

He's just gotta start eating Siegenthaler's mom's Thai food.  Ol' Siegie cut 24 pounds over the offseason by cutting down on Mama's home cooking.

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

A Russian defenseman?

Alexander Alexeyev

Just based on what they commentators said, there were some other more highly ranked players. They were predicting an American defenseman. Maybe Ted is another Putin agent. 

Archived