Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comey Interview Live Game Thread

AsburySkinsFan

I think the one thing I would like to see come from Trump presidency is some tightening on the 1st amendment.  Most people scoff at the idea but I think a lot of what has gotten us here are echo chamber "news sources" that tell these people what they want to hear and that they are right.  There needs to be a manner to hold these news sources accountable for not actually reporting fairly.  I have no idea the best way to accomplish this but think it is what needs to be done.

38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think the one thing I would like to see come from Trump presidency is some tightening on the 1st amendment.  Most people scoff at the idea but I think a lot of what has gotten us here are echo chamber "news sources" that tell these people what they want to hear and that they are right.  There needs to be a manner to hold these news sources accountable for not actually reporting fairly.  I have no idea the best way to accomplish this but think it is what needs to be done.

Fox News and InfoWars right now have defamation law suits in court from the family of Seth Rich. 

In case anyone isn't caught up: Seth Rich was a DNC staffer who was murdered in DC in 2016. The case remains unsolved. Fox News and InfoWars decided to peddle conspiracy theories that Seth was the person who actually leaked DNC emails, instead of Russian hacking.

His family has said they do not intend to settle.

I hope both organizations get completely rammed similar to what Peter Thiel and Hulk Hogan did to Gawker.

59 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

So we didn’t learn anything new then.

Talking about this at work this morning and this was our conclusion as well. "Morally unfit to be president???" Well that was known before election day 2016.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I think you have about as good a chance of that happening as you do the 2nd being updated. Unless someone does it in silence, it's going to be a point of emphases on some side or the other and therefore entirely political and grossly exaggerated. Shame how that works

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think you have about as good a chance of that happening as you do the 2nd being updated. Unless someone does it in silence, it's going to be a point of emphases on some side or the other and therefore entirely political and grossly exaggerated. Shame how that works

We will see how the court case No Excuses mentioned works out but updating the 1st, and probably the 2nd, will have to wait until after the coming civil war.

Speaking of defamation law suits, infowars has another one coming its way as of today:

The courts ruling against Jones and InfoWars has the potential to really decimate the right wing fake news media empire that has taken off over the past few years. 

19 hours ago, Llevron said:

19 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We will see how the court case No Excuses mentioned works out but updating the 1st, and probably the 2nd, will have to wait until after the coming civil war.

You can't edit the Constitution in silence, you need a majority of states (2/3rds) to ratify any change like that.  Any change like that we'd have to be on the same page about first, enough so to prevent a civil war.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Literally no one gives a ****

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I don’t care about “email purity tests”.  The whole idea is laughable.

And I really don’t care about the NY Post.

It doesn’t matter except he opened and reopened an investigation against Clinton for the same thing.

He is a hypocrite and needs to stop painting himself as a hero.

Archived