Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Dude I think we were in the same area. Alan May took a selfie with a group near me. The player that ran out was I believe Tom Wilson and I think DSP did too(but he ran to the other side of the street).

I'm just glad this team has a new group of heroes. I love the old Skins but I got sick of hearing about them from the old geyzers without having my own to fawn over. Now we have them.

I love this team. They're just so likeable and have so much charisma. I can't stop being happy about this Cup. I don't care if we go 0-82 next year.

Hey so I talked to my sister again and saw another pic she posted, and Connelly also came over to give high fives.   He came out and Beagle came out right after him so maybe that could have possibly been who you saw as well instead of Wilson?

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So I read somewhere that Orpik broke his finger off in the end of game 2.  Anyone else hear that?

Did they ever say what Backstrom's injury was and what Kuzy's injury was?

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Did they ever say what Backstrom's injury was and what Kuzy's injury was?

Yeah, WaPost:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capitals-insider/wp/2018/06/13/nicklas-backstrom-played-with-two-fractures-in-finger-for-second-half-of-stanley-cup-run/?utm_term=.baceb92ec167

Nicklas Backstrom’s “upper-body injury” during the playoffs — the one that ballooned his right pointer finger and kept him out for four full games across two series — turned out to be two fractures that he played through as the Capitals won the first Stanley Cup championship in franchise history.

Backstrom injured his finger in Game 5 of the Capitals’ second-round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins and went on to miss their series-clinching Game 6 win and the first three games of the Eastern Conference finals against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Backstrom said Wednesday that the fractures will not require surgery and that he was not playing with any other injuries during the playoffs.

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So I read somewhere that Orpik broke his finger off in the end of game 2.  Anyone else hear that?

His left pinkie finger required 15 stitches after the slash from Haula. Should have been a suspension...

Kuzy sustained a left shoulder injury that will not require surgery.

54 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The Redskins  are firmly entrenched in the #1 spot until another team in the area goes on a dynastic run. 

That's also what the Skins front office believes, and that's why the Skins don't get anywhere.

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Hey so I talked to my sister again and saw another pic she posted, and Connelly also came over to give high fives.   He came out and Beagle came out right after him so maybe that could have possibly been who you saw as well instead of Wilson?

You're probably right. I think we all just assumed Wilson because, I mean, its Tommy Wilson, who else would do that? hahaha

1 hour ago, Mournblade said:

That's also what the Skins front office believes, and that's why the Skins don't get anywhere.

I think overall passion/excitement for the Caps and probably Nats too is greater than the Skins and actually has been for a while(since probably 2012)but there are likely more Redskins fans in terms of sheer quantity than others. But in terms of passion per fan ratio, the Skins are 3rd behind the Caps and Nats.

Just now, pjfootballer said:

Anyone remember opening night this year, how PISSED off Joe B was? You could tell he wanted to punch something, having to do the game in Pittsburgh and watching them raise another banner. I suspect he’ll have a wide smile on his face along with Locker.

I was so excited to see them part of the parade. I don't know if other teams have their commentators do it, maybe its a regular thing, but Joe B and Locker are SYNONYMOUS with the Caps. I hope they get rings too.

42 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Just watched the celebration. I’m still getting chills up my spine.  What fun.

Someone in in the crowd had a sign that said **** Ryan Reeves! :rofl89:

I wanted them to boo Murial Bowser. **** her. She wants to keep the Redskins out of DC. 

Oh, she was booed when she came out. There were cheers to but definitely boos.

2 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Anyone remember opening night this year, how PISSED off Joe B was? You could tell he wanted to punch something, having to do the game in Pittsburgh and watching them raise another banner. I suspect he’ll have a wide smile on his face along with Locker.

Definitely, and hopefully the NHL does the Caps a favor by having Pittsburgh come here for opening night festivities  

53 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Definitely, and hopefully the NHL does the Caps a favor by having Pittsburgh come here for opening night festivities  

If they don't bring any of the towel waving yinzers along I'm all for it

15 hours ago, Mournblade said:

Complacency by an organization that should always strive to improve isn't the same as factual statements from a fan who has no involvement with the team. 

The Skins front office, if they truly evaluate those things, would be 100% correct if they believe that statement. If they use that information to drive their decisions about running the organization, the product on the field, etc. then shame on them. 

40 minutes ago, Kurd Cudins said:

So what are the salary cap numbers for their next contract? Do we trade anyone other than Grubauer? Do we buy out Orpik? Thoughts?

Carlson - $7-9 million

Wilson - $3-4 million

Beagle - $2-2.5 million

Smith-Pelly - $1-1.5 million

Kempny - ???

Well, Beagle sounds like he would be willing to wait and see what the Caps do and take less to stay (not sure how much less, but figure in the ballpark of 3/$10M, as he was on the last year at $1.75M).

Smith-Pelly is an RFA that was at $650k last year, so $1.5M should be a good number, maybe getting to $1.75M per.

Carlson should slot in between $7.5 and $8.5M per.  He should not be the highest paid D in the league, because that would push him past $9M per and that is insane.  Personally, I would offer him a LTD at ~$6.5per, say 7 years, $45.5M.  Hope he takes a hometown discount to stay close to home for his wife and kids.  Then throw $2.5M per at Kempney to keep the pairing together...

1 hour ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

Anyone hearing any estimates from the parade/rally yet? I'm not finding anything. It was Yuuuuuge!

Metro had 132k trips between 5am and 5pm on Monday. It was 250k+ same times on Tuesday, and they hit 800k total trips for the day for the first time in a long time.

I can't imagine we'll have the room to keep Beagle (maybe if we buyout Orpik).  Carlson and Wilson alone should take us to 10+ mil easily.  I think we're projected to have 16 to 17 million in room after trading or letting go Grubauer 

Anyone have or know where a really high resolution shot of the team pictures they took on the ice?  Either the official one or the one on that cover up above.  Or also of Holtby's save.  I want to make an acoustical panel to put in my home theater to hang on the wall and use one of those pictures for it.

Archived