Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

May 10, 2017. The Most Significant Day In Recent DMV Sports history?

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Our very own Washington Capitals can advance to the NHL Eastern Conference Finals after looking like they were dead in the water.

Our Washington Wizards, while not playing a Game 7 like the Caps, still have a chance to for all intents and purposes bury the Celtics.

It's on....:headbang:

Idk, that amount of anticipation for the playin game against Dallas in 2012 was something to behold.  This caps game could mean the difference in whether or not Ovi gets a championship in DC, so I can see where you're going with this.  3 games left in Wizards series, wouldn't want to lose to Boston, but we could survive it.

38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Idk, that amount of anticipation for the playin game against Dallas in 2012 was something to behold.  This caps game could mean the difference in whether or not Ovi gets a championship in DC, so I can see where you're going with this.  3 games left in Wizards series, wouldn't want to lose to Boston, but we could survive it.

I think the Game 5 is basically the series. Win it and Boston is DONE.

1 hour ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I think the Game 5 is basically the series. Win it and Boston is DONE.

Likely right, but the series wouldn't be over until someone is eliminated.  That's different then the game 7 tomorrow or 2012 game I mentioned.  I think Wizards win tomorrow, Caps freak me out.

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Likely right, but the series wouldn't be over until someone is eliminated.  That's different then the game 7 tomorrow or 2012 game I mentioned.  I think Wizards win tonight, Caps freak me out.

I thought the game was tomorrow. 

Don't forget, two of the three best teams in Major league Baseball will also be playing downtown. 

It is a pretty big night. Now, if Cousins signs a contract  on Wednesday, it'll be something indeed

~Bang

28 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Just like in May '15 

Game 5 vs Atl Hawks

Game 7 vs NY

In about 6 minutes both teams lost 

Shut Up You.  

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

Don't forget, two of the three best teams in Major league Baseball will also be playing downtown. 

It is a pretty big night. Now, if Cousins signs a contract  on Wednesday, it'll be something indeed

~Bang

Cousin's is from the mid-west.  He was born in Illinois, went to Michigan State.  I'm going to guess he knows how to skate.  (I could be wrong, but it's a good bet that an athlete growing up in the mid-west at least knows how to go around a rink in circles.

Cousins should skate out at the first intermission and sign his contract mid-ice in the Verizon center.  

That would be epic. :)

It actually only become important if thy complete the story line. Right now, it's possible that Ovechkin could be a Walter Payton or John Elway... a great who never won it all until he wasn't a great and was carried along with his team. that's okay. No shame in that and those players are properly loved. Thing is, you have to finish. Just beating the Pens isn't enough, because the stars you are fighting with seem to be getting closer to their twilight.

There's only so many years you can say.. Next year.

1 hour ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Just like in May '15 

Game 5 vs Atl Hawks

Game 7 vs NY

In about 6 minutes both teams lost 

Not only did both teams lose, but both teams lost in the most incredible way possible.

The Caps had a late lead in the 3rd period but blew it, then lost in OT. The Wiz had a 1 point lead off a Pierce 3, forced a missed shot, but Nene flubbed the rebound and they lost off a putback. It was the most DC Sports ending to a night ever.

It'll be different tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Not only did both teams lose, but both teams lost in the most incredible way possible.

The Caps had a late lead in the 3rd period but blew it, then lost in OT. The Wiz had a 1 point lead off a Pierce 3, forced a missed shot, but Nene flubbed the rebound and they lost off a putback. It was the most DC Sports ending to a night ever.

For ****s sake, Nene!

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe we had to go through that night to get our redemption tomorrow ... I pray to god. And to that doll in Major League.

No "biggest night ever" in any American city's sports history can be topped with hockey. This isn't even getting into my own hatred of the sport, just saying, it doesn't move the needle nationwide and even if the Caps win...it's not going to make the city any less cursed or remove that stomach punch feeling like when the Red Sox won or the Cubs or Cavs etc.  

The DMV needs one of the three big sports to win. 

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

No "biggest night ever" in any American city's sports history can be topped with hockey. This isn't even getting into my own hatred of the sport, just saying, it doesn't move the needle nationwide and even if the Caps win...it's not going to make the city any less cursed or remove that stomach punch feeling like when the Red Sox won or the Cubs or Cavs etc.  

The DMV needs one of the three big sports to win. 

Yes it can. Some of us don't need ESPN to tell us what matters.

Archived