Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

May 10, 2017. The Most Significant Day In Recent DMV Sports history?

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, Momma There Goes That Man said:

You keep thinking that 

I don't need to - I know I don't need ESPN to tell me what I should like.

Also, it's 2017, baseball doesn't move the needle anymore and baseball got it's one time gimme with the Cubs breaking a 100 year drought.

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I don't need to - I know I don't need ESPN to tell me what I should like.

Also, it's 2017, baseball doesn't move the needle anymore and baseball got it's one time gimme with the Cubs breaking a 100 year drought.

Not sure why you keep bringing espn up lol. 

The point is it's impossible for the biggest sports moment of a city with 4 major sports to be headlined by hockey when that's an extremely small majority of people that actually care about it compared to others. 

But I'm glad your psyched about it 

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Not sure why you keep bringing espn up lol. 

The point is it's impossible for the biggest sports moment of a city with 4 major sports to be headlined by hockey when that's an extremely small majority of people that actually care about it compared to others. 

But I'm glad your psyched about it 

Actually it's pretty easy when the football team sucks and the basketball team has zero shot at a title for now.

We're excited about our team having a chance to go somewhere no Big 4 team has in D.C. since they did it in 1998 and you want to come in here and be that guy to rain on everyone's parade. Why exactly?

If you don't care, then go post somewhere else.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

A regular season baseball game doesn't really comp to the other two games. Of course this will probably be the night Stras pitches a perfect game..."lolol"

That's a tough one for me because I really want to watch that game.  I hate the Orioles and they've been pwning us lately.  I know its only May, but these are two very good baseball teams, and last two games have been pretty close.

19 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

So those United championships don't matter ? 

I love hockey, but is is along the same line of importance nationally. 

Hockey is 4th among the four major sports but it ranks waaaaay ahead of MLS which is a garbage product. The NHL is still the best hockey league in the world and hockey still reasonates a LOT more in this country than MLS which is like a third tier soccer league.

31 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

So those United championships don't matter ? 

I love hockey, but is is along the same line of importance nationally. 

The NHL is the 5th highest revenue league in the world. MLS is 14th. It's that way for a reason. 

4 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Actually it's pretty easy when the football team sucks and the basketball team has zero shot at a title for now.

We're excited about our team having a chance to go somewhere no Big 4 team has in D.C. since they did it in 1998 and you want to come in here and be that guy to rain on everyone's parade. Why exactly?

If you don't care, then go post somewhere else.

Agreed, people have their own opinions on whether or not they like hockey more than other sports. Don't be that guy that comes in here basically telling people their opinion is wrong. It's not cool. 

I like football a lot more than hockey, but I won't be telling people that hockey doesn't matter. 

2 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

Start Times:

7:05 Nats (MASN) (FIOS 77/577)

7:30 Caps  (NBCSN)  (FIOS 90/590)

8:00 Wiz (TNT) (FIOS 51/551)

Not all heroes wear capes 

I guess by throwing in "recent" it makes the answer a resounding yes. Two local teams are playing critical playoff games in the second round, with one having a chance to advance further than any local team has in almost 20 years. That doesn't happen on the same night very often.

However, to people on Twitter and Facebook and local radio trying to say this is the most significant DC sport day EVER, get the F out of here. This city has won championships (football and basketball) and we are talking about two teams who are in the second round of the playoffs. 

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I guess by throwing in "recent" it makes the answer a resounding yes. Two local teams are playing critical playoff games in the second round, with one having a chance to advance further than any local team has in almost 20 years. That doesn't happen on the same night very often.

However, to people on Twitter and Facebook and local radio trying to say this is the most significant DC sport day EVER, get the F out of here. This city has won championships (football and basketball) and we are talking about two teams who are in the second round of the playoffs. 

And a World Series albeit only a handful of people were alive for that. But yes, the biggest since probably the early 90s.

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

And a World Series albeit only a handful of people were alive for that. But yes, the biggest since probably the early 90s.

I'm certainly biased, but for this town I would say that Brett Conway lining up to kick a GW FG that would have put us into the NFC Championship Game in January of 2000 trumps the basketball team going up 3-2 in the conference semis and the hockey team advancing to the conference finals. 

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Agreed, people have their own opinions on whether or not they like hockey more than other sports. Don't be that guy that comes in here basically telling people their opinion is wrong. It's not cool. 

You are That guy (in every sense of the phrase) literally 24/7

So my girlfriend's sister lives in Boston in the same building as Isaiah Thomas (and of course they're broke as **** for **** else). Her hubby is a huge fan. Like where he'll ride the elevator with him or sit at the building's bar with him and he'll act like he just had his child or something. You know those old black and white videos of teen girls gushing (figuratively and literally) over the Beatles or Elvis? Just like that. It's to the point where it's almost too creepy and unhinging to talk to him about Thomas or the Celts. 

Almost. Cause you better ****ing believe I've been talking this week. Holy **** I can't stop myself. Already sent them a link with info on how to request a restraining order. Cause if...nay...WHEN we take care of business tonight, they're gonna need to get one.

(I swear talking **** is one of the greatest parts of life. THE greatest part of sports fandom.) 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm certainly biased, but for this town I would say that Brett Conway lining up to kick a GW FG that would have put us into the NFC Championship Game in January of 2000 trumps the basketball team going up 3-2 in the conference semis and the hockey team advancing to the conference finals. 

I locked myself in the bathroom for 15 minutes after that kick was botched. Anyway not here to argue, point is it's a HUGE night. And it's a chance at redemption from 2015 when we had the same situation (Caps Game 7, Wiz Game 5 on the road) and both ended HORRIBLY.

Time for ****ing redemption.

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

My dude.

Image result for slow clap

Archived